• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Anybody know, why the club has stopped making pre-match interviews for the mid-week games? Seems a bit odd, but is of course in line with the decline in our SoMe performance...
They haven't done them all season nor last I think

Advert:

Just now, philmpv said:
12 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:
Anybody know, why the club has stopped making pre-match interviews for the mid-week games? Seems a bit odd, but is of course in line with the decline in our SoMe performance...

They haven't done them all season nor last I think

Odd that is! Why would anyone be less interested in a midweek game, than a Saturday game? You could even argue, that the club would make even more noise leading up to Tuesday games, as they tend to attract smaller crowds.

6 hours ago, connor hackett said:
6 hours ago, Northern Valiant said:
Can I ask a question of your guys.  Is it me or are the temporary speakers in the Railway Paddock rubbish.  They seem to be crackling most of the time and to be honest I would rather they weren't there.  Other than that I loved the game on Saturday (after we equalised) and have high hopes for Tuesday.

They want knobbing off. Just distortion coming out of them. I'd rather do without.

Bycars speakers have been fine, a vast improvement, just very loud if you’re sat in-line with them.

56 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Bycars speakers have been fine, a vast improvement, just very loud if you’re sat in-line with them.

Looking at your photo I can tell that you're into static and feedback,Mr. Randy California...

• Haha 1

Matchday .

Go for it Vale .

Team well hows Hussey ?

I'd go with this .

Stone 

Smith Martin Hall 

Pett Charsley

Worrall    Garrity    Amoo 

Wilson

Proctor 

It's 3 -5 -2 when defending but can  be any thing when attacking .

It's brave football ️ look at Connor Halls goal the other  day he is a centre half more of that you pass you move you be positive and you get your rewards as C Hall did .

I'm.sure Mansfields a good side but so are we .

The fans must treat the game like its a cup final .

We all as a one must be motivated to perform ,folk might laugh at that comment but I've seen first hand on many occasions the Vale support can bring more energy from the team .

Cannot wait .

A massive game a win well I believe top 3 is still achievable if we win .

A draw maybe top 3 gone but still in with chance of top 7 but depending on performance also whether we will make it .

A defeat I do not really want think about  ,I certainly ain't going tonight to see half hearted rubbish I want us play like we want it badly the win that is .

I do not have good memories of games at  home v Mansfield one year played them off the pitch first half yet managed lose 0-4 as second half collapsed .

We have to be at full tilt on and off the pitch this evening if we are we will be victorious .

UTV 

• Like 2

Advert:

2 hours ago, rob1983 said:

How many are they bringing tonight?

Does it matter how many they bring. Its what happens on the pitch that counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, rsb said:

Does it matter how many they bring. Its what happens on the pitch that counts.

Someone said about 750 earlier.

Hopefully we are much better than the away game. Mansfield pressed really well against us and played the majority of the football. I quite like the midfield 3 of charsley, pett and garrity as it has a bit of snap to it. Can always bring walker on second half if we need to get more physical. Glad worral bagged last game as his form had dipped. If we have ball winners in cm then we need both hussey and worral to have a good game and make themselves available. Hussey is solid but offers less going forward. Gotta hope worral doesnt get pinned back otherwise we might end up playing quite deep and having no outlet.

• Like 1

Massive game tonight is. Cant see the starting eleven changing after the performance we put in sat unless hussey is injured. 

just get at them boys got a big game feeling tonight has. 

• Like 2

Advert:

If everyone is fit and because I would not have to explain in the media afterwards if there is not a win I would play the same 11 as Saturday although there is a case to be made for swapping Garrity or Charsley for Walker to be more difficult to break down. A performance is due in an important game as we have a tendency to under perform in these type of fixtures. The result against Crawley could well be the turning point of the season after conceding first in the manner that we did the wheels could have come off quite quickly, so to win the game  in that manner may turn out to be significant. 

2 0 

48 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Massive game tonight is. Cant see the starting eleven changing after the performance we put in sat unless hussey is injured. 

Agreed, and if Hussey is injured it'll give Benning a chance to show us what he can do starting with a game against his former club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

I agree, all cup finals now, as they say. We can’t start like we did on Saturday against this lot. Nervous already. UTV 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

I agree, all cup finals now, as they say. We can’t start like we did on Saturday against this lot. Nervous already. UTV 

I am also nervous now,this could be a defining game in our season for me,i just hope we turn up and can play like we did for 70 mins on Saturday and then who knows what could happen

Onwards and Upwards hopefully

• Like 1

Advert:

HUGE game. Taking into account nb. if games played and momentum I really feel this is a MUST win game. We have to take advantage of these home games against rivals which gives us room  to manoeuvre away from home.

I’m hoping we will come out the blocks with a fast start. I expect Mansfield to approach it as do not loose and will be really tough to break down.

We need our  big players to turn up and show what they are made of.

• Like 1

Off top of my head, im struggling to think of anytime we have played poorly against any of the top teams - Swindon, Newport when we only had half a team; Mansfield but still robbed a point. Anymore?