onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Breadwinner

With Proctor in the side, we are much more balanced. No wonder Wilson, Woz and Garrity were on fire.

Phil Sproson, in commentary on Saturday, highlighted how deep the back three were playing, leaving too much space in midfield.

His verdict. Good going forward, not so great defensively.

We prevailed on Saturday. Probably need to be better still tomorrow night.

Advert

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

True, also how many of those teams have yet to play each other.

You are bang on. A lot of teams will play each other and take points off each other.

Mansfield have FGR twice yet for example. 

Only in the next 2 weeks we have the following

March 15h

Vale v Mansfield , Swindon v Sutton

March 19th 

Northampton v Bris Rov , Sutton v Tranmere

March 22nd

Vale V Exeter 

Suttons next three games are Swindon, Tranmere and Vale

All to play for , we are far from out of this. 

We look so much better when we are  on the front foot. Wozza is twice the player to the Vale going forward than he is back defending. Why would you have one of the best providers of chances in the league spending a disproportionate amount of his time doing defensive duties. Especially when we havent been scoring.

Lets go at teams and go for it. As someone said earlier give the fans something to cheer about, and they will.

No messing about with the formation, or personnel as far as injury permits. Tomorrow I think is as much about confidence as it is the points. I think the mental hit of a defeat would be worse than the logic of the table. I always put it down to what Vale do, not what other teams bring. If we play like we can and have, nobody in this league can outplay us apart from the odd spell from a few select teams. If we turn up we win, if we don't turn up we give teams opportunities.

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Anything but a loss id be happy with tomorrow.  A loss would be a massive kick in the teeth 

Hope we are positive and play on the front foot after a good display on Saturday it would be criminal to sit back and try to keep it tight and nick a goal Mansfield will come to win and if we do the same it makes for really good game utv

It's definitely not a must win game, we haven't reached that point yet. I reckon Mansfield will be happy with a point, and we'd grudgingly accept a point. Three points and the place would be bouncing, my prediction, first penalty of the season, 1-0 win against the run of play. Nigel Clough bemoaning the fact that it was never a penalty, and he feels like they've been robbed. Carl will ring praise and grumble and moan about the fact we were lucky and saying we can only catch Sutton, if we're lucky...

Out of all the top teams, these I would love us to beat. I don't know why but iv got a bit of  mental block with Mansfield this season, probs because they played us off the pitch at their end and that superb run they've just been on. I would go 1 nil as well, a right nail biter

Enjoyed the game on Saturday - worth every minute of driving up from Somerset.

Will be leaving early afternoon to get up to Vale Park and can't wait.

Yes - Mansfield are a good side or they wouldn't where they are. BUT so are WE.

Not many teams relish playing against the Vale not at Vale Park.

I have a feeling we'll have a very tough, entertaining game tomorrow night, Proctor and Garrity will be key doing the ratting and pressing. Think Harrat wi come on second half and continue the pressure.

I'll stick my neck out - two nil Vale.

I'll be chuck my usual £10 on with Ladbrokes

UTV! KTF!

Can I ask a question of your guys.  Is it me or are the temporary speakers in the Railway Paddock rubbish.  They seem to be crackling most of the time and to be honest I would rather they weren't there.  Other than that I loved the game on Saturday (after we equalised) and have high hopes for Tuesday.

Key tomorrow is tempo again if Vale get there tempo right we could be in for a brilliant night of football .

They play with 4 at the back there left back has a good shot on him Mcloughlin scored a fine goal last season in our let's give Mansfield the 3 points last game of season in fact he may have scored twice ,lets hit them hard all over the pitch .

I like that Bowery he seems to thrive against us so we need to be dealing with him also .

O Toole back for them think he is the glue who holds them together so Wilson needs to be outmanoeuvering him or Proctor needs to dominate him  

I think Vale will win Garrity will score for sure like see Charsley Proctor and Wilson net too .

4 -2 to Vale  

Up and at them .

Hope those tickets are selling well its no good coming for just the games like Burton and Northampton years ago you come tomoz get your money out and get behind the club 

UTV 

Can I ask a question of your guys.  Is it me or are the temporary speakers in the Railway Paddock rubbish.  They seem to be crackling most of the time and to be honest I would rather they weren't there.  Other than that I loved the game on Saturday (after we equalised) and have high hopes for Tuesday.
They want knobbing off. Just distortion coming out of them. I'd rather do without.

Archived