• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Anything but a loss id be happy with tomorrow.  A loss would be a massive kick in the teeth 

Hope we are positive and play on the front foot after a good display on Saturday it would be criminal to sit back and try to keep it tight and nick a goal Mansfield will come to win and if we do the same it makes for really good game utv

• Like 1

Advert:

It's definitely not a must win game, we haven't reached that point yet. I reckon Mansfield will be happy with a point, and we'd grudgingly accept a point. Three points and the place would be bouncing, my prediction, first penalty of the season, 1-0 win against the run of play. Nigel Clough bemoaning the fact that it was never a penalty, and he feels like they've been robbed. Carl will ring praise and grumble and moan about the fact we were lucky and saying we can only catch Sutton, if we're lucky...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Out of all the top teams, these I would love us to beat. I don't know why but iv got a bit of  mental block with Mansfield this season, probs because they played us off the pitch at their end and that superb run they've just been on. I would go 1 nil as well, a right nail biter

Advert:

Enjoyed the game on Saturday - worth every minute of driving up from Somerset.

Will be leaving early afternoon to get up to Vale Park and can't wait.

Yes - Mansfield are a good side or they wouldn't where they are. BUT so are WE.

Not many teams relish playing against the Vale not at Vale Park.

I have a feeling we'll have a very tough, entertaining game tomorrow night, Proctor and Garrity will be key doing the ratting and pressing. Think Harrat wi come on second half and continue the pressure.

I'll stick my neck out - two nil Vale.

I'll be chuck my usual £10 on with Ladbrokes

UTV! KTF!

• Like 6

Can I ask a question of your guys.  Is it me or are the temporary speakers in the Railway Paddock rubbish.  They seem to be crackling most of the time and to be honest I would rather they weren't there.  Other than that I loved the game on Saturday (after we equalised) and have high hopes for Tuesday.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Key tomorrow is tempo again if Vale get there tempo right we could be in for a brilliant night of football .

They play with 4 at the back there left back has a good shot on him Mcloughlin scored a fine goal last season in our let's give Mansfield the 3 points last game of season in fact he may have scored twice ,lets hit them hard all over the pitch .

I like that Bowery he seems to thrive against us so we need to be dealing with him also .

O Toole back for them think he is the glue who holds them together so Wilson needs to be outmanoeuvering him or Proctor needs to dominate him  

I think Vale will win Garrity will score for sure like see Charsley Proctor and Wilson net too .

4 -2 to Vale  

Up and at them .

Hope those tickets are selling well its no good coming for just the games like Burton and Northampton years ago you come tomoz get your money out and get behind the club 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Can I ask a question of your guys.  Is it me or are the temporary speakers in the Railway Paddock rubbish.  They seem to be crackling most of the time and to be honest I would rather they weren't there.  Other than that I loved the game on Saturday (after we equalised) and have high hopes for Tuesday.
They want knobbing off. Just distortion coming out of them. I'd rather do without.
  • Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

For all the slagging off Bouwers, he predicted 4-1. I don't get why people have a problem with him? He does a good job in my opinion.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 6

I'd be a lot more generous to Bowers if he wasn't so quick to pipe up and criticise others. Get real spoilt only-child vibes off him. He's a commentator, there to describe the game and possibly clarify certain aspects of it, not to badmouth "cretins" in the crowd or people who he doesn't agree with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Key tomorrow is tempo again if Vale get there tempo right we could be in for a brilliant night of football .

They play with 4 at the back there left back has a good shot on him Mcloughlin scored a fine goal last season in our let's give Mansfield the 3 points last game of season in fact he may have scored twice ,lets hit them hard all over the pitch .

I like that Bowery he seems to thrive against us so we need to be dealing with him also .

O Toole back for them think he is the glue who holds them together so Wilson needs to be outmanoeuvering him or Proctor needs to dominate him  

I think Vale will win Garrity will score for sure like see Charsley Proctor and Wilson net too .

4 -2 to Vale  

Up and at them .

Hope those tickets are selling well its no good coming for just the games like Burton and Northampton years ago you come tomoz get your money out and get behind the club 

UTV 

Don't know much about Mansfield's players, but agree about PV tempo.

And if Charsley scores that's 20 different scorers for us this season

43 minutes ago, toyahw said:

For all the slagging off Bouwers, he predicted 4-1. I don't get why people have a problem with him? He does a good job in my opinion.

I like Bowers too. He adds colour to the commentary, and he’s a true Vale fan. It must have killed him to have to work in Bournemouth a few weeks ago. 

• Like 3

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Listen to Bez on how much preparation he puts in.  No one is not perfect.  He's alright.  I don't get the hate. The bloke is doing a decent job for me.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

Be nice if get a great crowd tomoz .

Believe Mansfield sold about 750 which is like what we took to them So not bad but more bothered how many are going turn out in home areas .

Be nice if gate gets to 6800 minimum and hopefully 7300 maximum .

Hoping it's a electric atmosphere and folk who do not usually go make a effort to go .

UTV 

• Like 1