Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

I do hope the lad is still there next match after his lecture from chairman Mau. He seemed very subdued afterwards and didn’t celebrate the win with his mates. Some people need to lighten up, don’t see players getting penalised for being S###houses.
In some away games, I've seen the ball boys simply not moving to retrieve the ball once their team is in the lead. Perhaps we should try that in future.

Advert:

2 hours ago, jeffers said:

I do hope the lad is still there next match after his lecture from chairman Mau. He seemed very subdued afterwards and didn’t celebrate the win with his mates. Some people need to lighten up, don’t see players getting penalised for being S###houses.

If he’s not there for the next match, I’m sure a few polite emailed requests to Carol would get him reinstated. After all he didn’t waste as much time as the Mansfield goalie did, taking free kicks or goal kicks once they took the lead. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, SFBT said:

He's only started 14?

Yes - mad isnt it. He didnt start early days against Northampton or Tranmere, then was ever present until his first hernia mid Oct. Came back at the end of Nov as a sub against Walsall, got injured again and then didn't start until Rochdale away (end of Feb). He then missed the Harrogate game and was benched for Colchester away. Started Stevenage, Crawley and Mansfield recently - all of which we have won.

In fact - the only league games that we have lost when he has started have been Rochdale (H) - he scored 2 and Sutton (A) he scored. I think he's pretty fundamental to our success!

Edited by cactuselves
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, cactuselves said:

Yes - mad isnt it. He didnt start early days against Northampton or Tranmere, then was ever present until his first hernia mid Oct. Came back at the end of Nov as a sub against Walsall, got injured again and then didn't start until Rochdale away (end of Feb). He then missed the Harrogate game and was benched for Colchester away. Started Stevenage, Crawley and Mansfield recently - all of which we have won.

In fact - the only league games that we have lost when he has played have been Rochdale (H) - he scored 2 and Sutton (A) he scored. I think he's pretty fundamental to our success!

Fundamental indeed!

What a record he's got.

And only 14 appearances. Still find it hard to believe. We'd be on the way to 100 points if he'd stayed fit 😄

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, philmpv said:

Defo did. He got the chant usually reserved for the referee for his efforts on his walk back emoji38.png

Some stewards need to lighten up a bit,it boils my bag,there are more important things going on in the world than this little incident,one that goes on at all clubs when winning...... maybe said steward isn't a Vale but ermmm well ya know.

Even the players tell the ball boys slow down etc when winning.... I hope that jobsworth was happy probably ruining that young lads night

If anyone knows the lad tell him fair play we all enjoyed it and tell him crack on and enjoy his life and ignore the silly jobsworth TWONK

• Like 2

Advert:

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Some stewards need to lighten up a bit,it boils my bag,there are more important things going on in the world than this little incident,one that goes on at all clubs when winning...... maybe said steward isn't a Vale but ermmm well ya know.

Even the players tell the ball boys slow down etc when winning.... I hope that jobsworth was happy probably ruining that young lads night

If anyone knows the lad tell him fair play we all enjoyed it and tell him crack on and enjoy his life and ignore the silly jobsworth TWONK

Think it was an instruction from the ref via the fourth official

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

With regards to stewards I'm sure we've all been victims to over zealous stewards at away games .

Apparently on Tuesday according to Mansfield fans, as well as ladies having bags searched they also searched wallets. No reason to assume they are making it up, if its correct that's outrageous. 

Edited by darren1810

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

With regards to stewards I'm sure we've all been victims to over zealous stewards at away games .

Apparently on Tuesday according to Mansfield fans, as well as ladies having bags searched they also searched wallets. No reason to assume they are making it up, if its correct that's outrageous. 

Who would actually put up with that? Have people lost all sense of challenging things that don't seem or feel right? 

• Like 2

I believe Mansfield had two of there best players out! But so did we.The depth of our squad is so good no bench warmers just lads who can make a great difference. We really do not have to fear anyone if we keep playing like this then anything is possible.
3 of our best out as well, Gibbon,Conlon,Jones, keep believing, up the Vale %.
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Osh said:

Think it was an instruction from the ref via the fourth official

If so then why doesn’t the ref concentrate on the players time wasting and continuous shirt pulls in the box. That’s what he is paid to do. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, philmpv said:
23 hours ago, jeffers said:

In some away games, I've seen the ball boys simply not moving to retrieve the ball once their team is in the lead. Perhaps we should try that in future.

or just play the game wth respect!🙄

• Like 1

or just play the game wth respect!
Like our opponents do you mean? We tried playing nice under Aspin if I remember correctly, not disputing decisions etc. Did us no favours at all. Perhaps you're right though. Next time the ref awards us a penalty, if we think it's a wrong decision, maybe we plead with the ref to rescind his decision, or deliberately tap it to the keeper. Can't see it catching on somehow
  • Like 1

had a problem with steward on the door at back of bycars said he could not close the door for safety reasons but when told door had been closed all season he closed the door.

Advert:

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I totally agree with the comments. The police need to have reasonable suspicion to search personal effects like a wallet. Searching can be a condition of entry but that’s going too far. Suppose the owner of the wallet had alleged that money had gone missing from his wallet. I haven’t been searched since the beginning of the season when ppl posted on here about stewards searching everyone and the possibility of the transmission of Covid. 

Posted (edited)
On 16/03/2022 at 18:05, Breadwinner said:

Disappointed in the attendance not the Mansfield end (947 excellent fans who got behind there team ).

So a big must win game only 4276 home fans bothered turn up (great they were though first half must be when I move to other end that we go quieter and at times second half the quietness around the ground didn't I feel help the team but they came alive when we attacked with intent ).

So how do we attract more folk to the ground  

I think we have a team worthy  of watching but it's no good if we are to move forwards we need more coming through the gates .

So should we trial for one game only a different price get in .

You could have it run from Mon to Fri then it goes back to normal price on sat then you can see whether it was worth doing or not .

Kevin and Carol and everyone connected with Vale deserve more folk in the ground .

Spread the word get the supporters /followers  in who claim they support the team but never go.

Vale are rising like a phoenix 

UTV 

i wonder how many stayed at home and only paid a tenner to watch but still supporting the club

Edited by Port Vale Paul

1 hour ago, Port Vale Paul said:

i wonder how many stayed at home and only paid a tenner to watch but still supporting the club

Paul, great support by Mansfield putting £20k into our club. Nice to see this was appreciated by home fans in the RP who applauded their contribution to our club. I suppose they could have sat at home and watched it for £10

• Like 1