onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Breadwinner

With regards to stewards I'm sure we've all been victims to over zealous stewards at away games .

Apparently on Tuesday according to Mansfield fans, as well as ladies having bags searched they also searched wallets. No reason to assume they are making it up, if its correct that's outrageous. 

Advert

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

With regards to stewards I'm sure we've all been victims to over zealous stewards at away games .

Apparently on Tuesday according to Mansfield fans, as well as ladies having bags searched they also searched wallets. No reason to assume they are making it up, if its correct that's outrageous. 

Who would actually put up with that? Have people lost all sense of challenging things that don't seem or feel right? 

I believe Mansfield had two of there best players out! But so did we.The depth of our squad is so good no bench warmers just lads who can make a great difference. We really do not have to fear anyone if we keep playing like this then anything is possible.
3 of our best out as well, Gibbon,Conlon,Jones, keep believing, up the Vale %.

23 hours ago, philmpv said:
23 hours ago, jeffers said:
I do hope the lad is still there next match after his lecture from chairman Mau. He seemed very subdued afterwards and didn’t celebrate the win with his mates. Some people need to lighten up, don’t see players getting penalised for being S###houses.

In some away games, I've seen the ball boys simply not moving to retrieve the ball once their team is in the lead. Perhaps we should try that in future.

or just play the game wth respect!🙄

or just play the game wth respect!
Like our opponents do you mean? We tried playing nice under Aspin if I remember correctly, not disputing decisions etc. Did us no favours at all. Perhaps you're right though. Next time the ref awards us a penalty, if we think it's a wrong decision, maybe we plead with the ref to rescind his decision, or deliberately tap it to the keeper. Can't see it catching on somehow

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I totally agree with the comments. The police need to have reasonable suspicion to search personal effects like a wallet. Searching can be a condition of entry but that’s going too far. Suppose the owner of the wallet had alleged that money had gone missing from his wallet. I haven’t been searched since the beginning of the season when ppl posted on here about stewards searching everyone and the possibility of the transmission of Covid. 

On 16/03/2022 at 18:05, Breadwinner said:

Disappointed in the attendance not the Mansfield end (947 excellent fans who got behind there team ).

So a big must win game only 4276 home fans bothered turn up (great they were though first half must be when I move to other end that we go quieter and at times second half the quietness around the ground didn't I feel help the team but they came alive when we attacked with intent ).

So how do we attract more folk to the ground  

I think we have a team worthy  of watching but it's no good if we are to move forwards we need more coming through the gates .

So should we trial for one game only a different price get in .

You could have it run from Mon to Fri then it goes back to normal price on sat then you can see whether it was worth doing or not .

Kevin and Carol and everyone connected with Vale deserve more folk in the ground .

Spread the word get the supporters /followers  in who claim they support the team but never go.

Vale are rising like a phoenix 

UTV 

i wonder how many stayed at home and only paid a tenner to watch but still supporting the club

1 hour ago, Port Vale Paul said:

i wonder how many stayed at home and only paid a tenner to watch but still supporting the club

Paul, great support by Mansfield putting £20k into our club. Nice to see this was appreciated by home fans in the RP who applauded their contribution to our club. I suppose they could have sat at home and watched it for £10

19 hours ago, jeffers said:

If so then why doesn’t the ref concentrate on the players time wasting and continuous shirt pulls in the box. That’s what he is paid to do. 

I wonder if its anything to do with the fact that its his job to ensure that, apart from shirt pulling, he also needs to ensure there is no time wasting and both sides are treated fairly.  So the ref would have spoken to the fourth official, who would then told our folks to have a word - which they had to do.

However, I bet a tenner that, once that ball boy walked up the tunnel, everyone would have been smiling and patting him on the back.

Onwards and upwards eh

Archived