onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Breadwinner

Disappointed in the attendance not the Mansfield end (947 excellent fans who got behind there team ).

So a big must win game only 4276 home fans bothered turn up (great they were though first half must be when I move to other end that we go quieter and at times second half the quietness around the ground didn't I feel help the team but they came alive when we attacked with intent ).

So how do we attract more folk to the ground  

I think we have a team worthy  of watching but it's no good if we are to move forwards we need more coming through the gates .

So should we trial for one game only a different price get in .

You could have it run from Mon to Fri then it goes back to normal price on sat then you can see whether it was worth doing or not .

Kevin and Carol and everyone connected with Vale deserve more folk in the ground .

Spread the word get the supporters /followers  in who claim they support the team but never go.

Vale are rising like a phoenix 

UTV 

Advert

7 hours ago, Rocky said:

Great result, a potential banana skin game after their loss to Tranmere, Martin recovered well after getting tangled up for their goal (Pett's misplaced pass did him over), Smudge had his head on everything high or low , Garritty is a man running around full of confidence, Wilson's goal was fortunate in that the goalkeeper had spaghetti arms but it was a great run with 2 defenders chasing him down and I think we've struggled at times for someone to just have a go at goal and it shows it can pay off. 

I looked at his effort that was given offside, it was the right decision, he tried to get back onside but couldn't quite time it.

Stone has really taken the opportunity to be first choice goalkeeper, that finger tip save onto the crossbar from Smudge in the 85th minute was huge. You can't really see it on the highlights but from the Paddock he gets enough on it.

Interesting to see the Vale player's reaction to Harratt's second goal, they went straight over to Procter who put the ball back across goal to Harratt and made a huge fuss of him. A popular player amongst the team and his contributions like that will do him the world of good.

Special mentions go to Sir Mal Benning and the ballboy in front of the Paddock. I think he started against Mansfield at their ground in the reverse fixture and didn't really do a great deal, came on for Hussey who was poor, he showed desire to get forward, to move the ball about. I think with Benning, there is a great player there, Mansfield fans hold him in high regard, and maybe when he's been given the chance before he's tried too hard to impress and it can sometimes have the opposite effect. I really hope fans will get off his back now as he could be needed with Hussey out of form and Gibbo injured.

The ballboy dropping the ball at 2-1 in front of us at the paddock is the kind of behaviour I'm all for, an absolute sensational bit of sh*thousery.

Saw the ball boy incident as it was directly in front of us. Someone sitting behind me said that one the stewards had had a word with him afterwards. Can anyone confirm this.

18 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Saw the ball boy incident as it was directly in front of us. Someone sitting behind me said that one the stewards had had a word with him afterwards. Can anyone confirm this.

You must sit near me, I suppose if anyone in the paddock is on here we are going to be pretty close to each other. The kids a great character, every game he's good for a laugh.

80b8838c-1ecc-467c-95eb-8ea840aa8081.thumb.JPG.850b61c1b2498e2f563040b771fe0f5d.JPG

32 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Disappointed in the attendance not the Mansfield end (947 excellent fans who got behind there team ).

So a big must win game only 4276 home fans bothered turn up (great they were though first half must be when I move to other end that we go quieter and at times second half the quietness around the ground didn't I feel help the team but they came alive when we attacked with intent ).

So how do we attract more folk to the ground  

I think we have a team worthy  of watching but it's no good if we are to move forwards we need more coming through the gates .

So should we trial for one game only a different price get in .

You could have it run from Mon to Fri then it goes back to normal price on sat then you can see whether it was worth doing or not .

Kevin and Carol and everyone connected with Vale deserve more folk in the ground .

Spread the word get the supporters /followers  in who claim they support the team but never go.

Vale are rising like a phoenix 

UTV 

I think they look at your predicted starting XI and decide not to bother. 😇

Defo did. He got the chant usually reserved for the referee for his efforts on his walk back

41 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Defo did. He got the chant usually reserved for the referee for his efforts on his walk back emoji38.png

I do hope the lad is still there next match after his lecture from chairman Mau. He seemed very subdued afterwards and didn’t celebrate the win with his mates. Some people need to lighten up, don’t see players getting penalised for being S###houses.

2 minutes ago, jeffers said:

I do hope the lad is still there next match after his lecture from chairman Mau. He seemed very subdued afterwards and didn’t celebrate the win with his mates. Some people need to lighten up, don’t see players getting penalised for being S###houses.

Exactly 

In some away games, I've seen the ball boys simply not moving to retrieve the ball once their team is in the lead. Perhaps we should try that in future.

2 hours ago, jeffers said:

If he’s not there for the next match, I’m sure a few polite emailed requests to Carol would get him reinstated. After all he didn’t waste as much time as the Mansfield goalie did, taking free kicks or goal kicks once they took the lead. 

22 hours ago, SFBT said:

He's only started 14?

Yes - mad isnt it. He didnt start early days against Northampton or Tranmere, then was ever present until his first hernia mid Oct. Came back at the end of Nov as a sub against Walsall, got injured again and then didn't start until Rochdale away (end of Feb). He then missed the Harrogate game and was benched for Colchester away. Started Stevenage, Crawley and Mansfield recently - all of which we have won.

In fact - the only league games that we have lost when he has started have been Rochdale (H) - he scored 2 and Sutton (A) he scored. I think he's pretty fundamental to our success!

3 hours ago, cactuselves said:

Yes - mad isnt it. He didnt start early days against Northampton or Tranmere, then was ever present until his first hernia mid Oct. Came back at the end of Nov as a sub against Walsall, got injured again and then didn't start until Rochdale away (end of Feb). He then missed the Harrogate game and was benched for Colchester away. Started Stevenage, Crawley and Mansfield recently - all of which we have won.

In fact - the only league games that we have lost when he has played have been Rochdale (H) - he scored 2 and Sutton (A) he scored. I think he's pretty fundamental to our success!

Fundamental indeed!

What a record he's got.

And only 14 appearances. Still find it hard to believe. We'd be on the way to 100 points if he'd stayed fit 😄

21 hours ago, philmpv said:

Defo did. He got the chant usually reserved for the referee for his efforts on his walk back emoji38.png

Some stewards need to lighten up a bit,it boils my bag,there are more important things going on in the world than this little incident,one that goes on at all clubs when winning...... maybe said steward isn't a Vale but ermmm well ya know.

Even the players tell the ball boys slow down etc when winning.... I hope that jobsworth was happy probably ruining that young lads night

If anyone knows the lad tell him fair play we all enjoyed it and tell him crack on and enjoy his life and ignore the silly jobsworth TWONK

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Some stewards need to lighten up a bit,it boils my bag,there are more important things going on in the world than this little incident,one that goes on at all clubs when winning...... maybe said steward isn't a Vale but ermmm well ya know.

Even the players tell the ball boys slow down etc when winning.... I hope that jobsworth was happy probably ruining that young lads night

If anyone knows the lad tell him fair play we all enjoyed it and tell him crack on and enjoy his life and ignore the silly jobsworth TWONK

Think it was an instruction from the ref via the fourth official

Archived