onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Breadwinner

Advert

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

I think with Benning, there is a great player there, Mansfield fans hold him in high regard, and maybe when he's been given the chance before he's tried too hard to impress and it can sometimes have the opposite effect. I really hope fans will get off his back now as he could be needed with Hussey out of form and Gibbo injured.

What surprised me was the Mansfield fans' reaction when Benning came on. They obviously still love him.

22 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Suppose u could look at like 800 missing season tickets holders last night still bought them knowing they could not make midweek games fair play 

And if we were Stoke City they would have been counted in the gate. 

15 hours ago, manc_vale said:

Wow, this promotion race is getting very tight. 9 clubs all fighting for 2 automatic and 4 play off spots..

What a season...

I'm calling it now - FGR are very catchable too though they probably have enough already for top 3. They fall off a cliff every year. It's 10 teams that could all finish anywhere in the top 10.

Just one on Jamie Proctor - In the 14 games he has started for us this season, we have scored 30 goals (av. more than 2 per game) and overall this season he has the highest goals / assists ratio (per 90 mins) of the whole squad. His G/A ratio is actually fourth highest in the league.

Dom Telford outright first place, then Mckirdy / Stevens / Proctor closely matched - Appiah / Matt some way behind.

We need him to stay fit!!!!

31 minutes ago, valeitup said:

I'm calling it now - FGR are very catchable too though they probably have enough already for top 3. They fall off a cliff every year. It's 10 teams that could all finish anywhere in the top 10.

I would agree with that. 

This time of year pressure can start to get you and start seeing strange results. For teams who have been up there all season the nerves can get to you as you have so much to loose and everything becomes a bit safe and more difficult to get a win as you don’t want to loose.

I think we went through that and had our watershed moment at Colchester. Crosby alluded to it, I suspect there have been a few home truths in the squad and we have looked so much better for it past 2 games. It remains to be seen the approach we take away from home, but there is certainly a mentality change from keep it tight and nick a goal to let’s go and win the game.

Long may it continue.

1 hour ago, cactuselves said:

Just one on Jamie Proctor - In the 14 games he has started for us this season, we have scored 30 goals (av. more than 2 per game) and overall this season he has the highest goals / assists ratio (per 90 mins) of the whole squad. His G/A ratio is actually fourth highest in the league.

Dom Telford outright first place, then Mckirdy / Stevens / Proctor closely matched - Appiah / Matt some way behind.

We need him to stay fit!!!!

He's only started 14?

Just seen Harratt‘s interview what a character he is. So enthusiastic, shows the team spirit there is. I was very down after the Colchester game as I think others were as well, but this is going to go right down to the wire. Keep our key men fit and it’s going to be close. Take a point at the weekend 

5 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

I was going to reply to you before the match but I would now ask why oh why did you even suggest Garrity to be replaced?  IMO that is utter insanity mate. Ben is and has been a massive shining light in our season. The bloke has got a Rolls Royce engine, can score goals and harries the hell out of opponents. He is first name on the team sheet for me and we build the squad around him. I would guess that all teams playing against him hate him as they cant work out where he will pop up next.  Get a grip!

To be fair I didn't advocate dropping Garrity. What I did say was that if a more defensive team was to be played either Garrity or Charsley would miss out to play Walker. Also would the drop off be that great? as they both bring the same energy and commitment, the only thing missing from Charsley is goals, which he nearly put right last night.

When we did have to counteract Mansfield's change that is what happened Charsley was withdrawn. I never questioned any of the points that you raised in your post and it is pretty nailed on  that Garrity will be player of the season.

43 minutes ago, jasmart02 said:

To be fair I didn't advocate dropping Garrity. What I did say was that if a more defensive team was to be played either Garrity or Charsley would miss out to play Walker. Also would the drop off be that great? as they both bring the same energy and commitment, the only thing missing from Charsley is goals, which he nearly put right last night.

When we did have to counteract Mansfield's change that is what happened Charsley was withdrawn. I never questioned any of the points that you raised in your post and it is pretty nailed on  that Garrity will be player of the season.

👍

Archived