onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Breadwinner

Great win and the season is still alive. We can beat anyone in this league. More massive games coming up where we could cement ourselves in the top 7. By next Saturday night things could look rosey or doom and gloom could be setting it. Up to us now, isn’t it?

As for the crowd, very disappointing for me. We do seem to struggle to get bums on seats. Hopefully we end the season well and are pushing 7k consistently. 

Advert

Couldn't make last night (or Saturday) thanks to a little covid but managed to catch it on iFollow.

Thought to a man we were the better side overall. Mansfield got themselves on top when they brought O'Toole on and moved Hawkins further forward, but when Benning and Harratt came on it gave us the energy boost we needed.

MoM for me was Smith, in fact I think he's an outside shout for player of the season. He's been a formidable foe for so many strikers this season, he's been outstanding in my view.

When we were going through our sticky patch and couldn't buy a win, I knew that those who were seemingly flying simply wouldn't be able to keep up their form. Tranmere's form has faltered, FGR can't buy a win right now, Sutton and Mansfield have now lost 2 on the spin. Also had the faith that we would start hitting our stride again and scoring the goals again.

On to Bradford on Saturday, a point isn't a bad result, 3 makes things really interesting!

9 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Just listened to Kian Harratt and if you haven't listened to it give it a listen after you will come to one conclusion .

The Vale are going up .

Spirit at the clubs absolutely tremendous .

Buzzing 

My thoughts entirely. He's a loan signing but all of them want to play

Morning guys

Didn’t get back to Somerset till gone midnight last night; buzzing all the way home.

Got chatting to a couple of other Vale lads before the game in Tommy Cheadle’s – I said to them that, in my opinion, we have no one to fear in this league, no one likes playing us, and certainly no one likes coming to Vale Park to play.

Yes, we’ve had bad injury problems, Covid and DC having to go off (really feel for the Gaffer) BUT, it seems we have now well and truly bounced back.

Last night was a great performance – lets go give to Bradford in spades!

Finally, think you all know I am a big Lucas fan; however, have to say a massive BIG UP to Stone who has been superb the past 2 games.  Loved his interview the other day, his workman like approach to every game – one game at a time.  He keeps the No1 jersey for me now.

So, 11 games to go.  11 more cup finals.  BRING IT!

UTV and KTF

7 minutes ago, Osh said:

Morning guys

Didn’t get back to Somerset till gone midnight last night; buzzing all the way home.

Got chatting to a couple of other Vale lads before the game in Tommy Cheadle’s – I said to them that, in my opinion, we have no one to fear in this league, no one likes playing us, and certainly no one likes coming to Vale Park to play.

Yes, we’ve had bad injury problems, Covid and DC having to go off (really feel for the Gaffer) BUT, it seems we have now well and truly bounced back.

Last night was a great performance – lets go give to Bradford in spades!

Finally, think you all know I am a big Lucas fan; however, have to say a massive BIG UP to Stone who has been superb the past 2 games.  Loved his interview the other day, his workman like approach to every game – one game at a time.  He keeps the No1 jersey for me now.

So, 11 games to go.  11 more cup finals.  BRING IT!

UTV and KTF

That's commitment coming all the way from Somerset top fan glad you loved it I did too UTV 

Some usual posters are surprisingly quiet on here since last night which makes you think whether they do just support the vale to have a good moan. Constantly slating our January business however were that many signings all going to hit the ground running no. Id argue that all of them have shown they can bring a little something extra. I believe after the Colchester game there was uproar we dont score enough goals weve signed inexperience striker blah blah blah weve scored 7 in 2 and are right back in the mix. Maybe just keep the faith a little bit and judge us where we end up at the end of the season. But lets maybe just get behind the boys until then. Its going to go down to the wire we need all the support we can get

Again I know the below means nothing as all quite a few of the teams in the promotion picture have to play each other. But putting every team on 37 games and giving them all wins (i know this is impossible) makes the table look like this.  Very tight, massive games against Exeter x 2, Newport, Bristol and Sutton

Team Played Won Draw Lost  GD Points
1 FGR 37 20 12 5 33 72
2 Exeter 37 16 13 6 17 67
3 Mansfield 37 19 8 10 7 65
4 Northampton 37 18 9 10 13 63
5 Port Vale 37 17 11 9 18 62
6 Newport 37 17 11 9 14 62
7 Tranmere 37 18 8 11 11 62
8 Swindon 37 17 10 10 16 61
9 Sutton 37 17 9 11 12 60
10 Bristol Rovers 37 18 9 11 10 60

Sutton have to play us, Tranmere, Mansfield, Newport

Mansfield have to play Northampton,  FGR x 2, Sutton

Exeter play us x2 , Newport, Tranmere, Northampton

Swindon play FGR, Newport

Northampton play Mansfield, Bristol Rovers, Exeter

Newport play us, Exeter, Swindon, Sutton,

Also how bloody good is proctor. Honestly his hold up play and flick ons are way to good for this league. Involved in every goal and 2 direct assists. The man is an absolute animal. Cbs should be absolutely terrified of the prospect of playing agaisnt them because he bullies everyone. His aggression and effort is irreplaceable and is pivotal to our promotion push 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Also how bloody good is proctor. Honestly his hold up play and flick ons are way to good for this league. Involved in every goal and 2 direct assists. The man is an absolute animal. Cbs should be absolutely terrified of the prospect of playing agaisnt them because he bullies everyone. His aggression and effort is irreplaceable and is pivotal to our promotion push 

And then his quality on the ball to match is aggression is so impressive 

My marks 

Stone 7.5 no chance with goal unbelievable save at 2-1 from Smith's sliced clearance .

Smith 8.9 won everything when under seige at times did his job really well .

Martin 7.6 mistake for goal but kept his head and played rest of game very well .

Hall 7.6 

Worrall 6.7 pushed back too much second half for my liking .

Pett 7.5 did a great job after poor ball forwards for there goal maybe should have scored .

Garrity 8.9 magnificent player every blade of grass covered sent Wilson through for first along with Proctor wins ball in areas where the ball could drop for us all game when on offensive .

Hussey 6 

Wilson 8.3 had a good game goal the goalie should be saving that but who cares he deserved it for having a good game  

Charsley 7.6 we controlled first hr of game his work did not go unnoticed volleyed one which would have flown in but great defensive block .

Proctor 8.9 how prominent was this lad very I will tell you a constant pain with great feet that set up for third goal worth the admission fee he is brilliant 

Subs 

Walker 7 did what he had to do .

Harratt 9.0 two goals in right place at right time think he is going pivotal in run in as they all are the squad players that is natural finisher his interview had me buzzing  

Benning 9.0 what a contribution well done lad 

It's no secret that a match-fit duo of Wilson and Proctor, supported in the right formation would have us cemented in the top 3 now if we'd played every game with them available. I fully expect us now to go on a charge and get into the playoffs.

Archived