onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Breadwinner

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

I thought it was an excellent team performance tonight. One thing I don’t think can be questioned is this team has some character. Twice in a row we’ve fallen behind and instead kept being positive and turned the game round. Great credit to the players and staff.

James Wilson is just a hugely gifted player. His intelligence and technical ability is as good as can remember in a Vale shirt. Thought defensively we were very good. Yes Martin should have done better on their goal but didn’t let it affect him and played well afterwards. One thing I think may be forced for Saturday is Benning to start in place of Hussey who looked like he was struggling when he came off. If anything with Benning having more pace it might make us even trickier as an opponent.

Yes mal deserves to start Saturday. Did really well tonight. as we've commented before this week, Hussey doesn't seem himself. 

Advert

8 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

If any other 4 players had been plagued by injury other than Wilson, Proctor, Gibbo and Conlon we would be top of this league right now… I genuinely believe that!

No doubt about it. If Gibbo and Conlon were in tonight , it would have an even better night, if that’s possible. Very happy though. After Harratt’s first goal , I did a fist pumping lap around the house, and another for the second. UTV!!

Not worried about Bradford. Beat 10 man FGR who we should have had easily, and beaten a terrible, terrible Hartlepool side with nothing to play for. This league is competitive, but all with teams that are no great shakes and Vale can take any of them.

7 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:

I'm still fumming about this, we needed an experienced striker and we should of smashed the wage structure to get one.
I'm sure the other players would of understood.....
#championshipmangers

Mate I agree, and theres no goals across the team either - I mean, in the last two games, only Garrity, Worrall, Hall, Wilson, Harratt (and Smudge 🤣) have scored - sack the process 🤪 

Absolute class last night; I`d got a bit of a squirty bottie about Mansfield, but the whole team were wonderful - well done team everyone. Also, not a dig at the so called `tin pot` clubs, but it was nice to see a loud away contingent as well. What a night!!!!

11 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

I know FGR will deservedly go up, but boy have they hit a bump lately

They have, and they only deserve to go up if their points total is sufficient after 46 games.

There margin above the playoffs is dwindling - Devon Loch?  7 point swing over 9-10 games is not massive

10 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

They have, and they only deserve to go up if their points total is sufficient after 46 games.

There margin above the playoffs is dwindling - Devon Loch?  7 point swing over 9-10 games is not massive

Yeah fair point mate, who would have thought it a month ago 

Interesting the number of different choices fit MoTM - shows the number of immense performances last night.

Stone - solid and actually stops shots that you think will go in.

Smith - back to beast mode.  Ultimate warrior

!Martin - recovered well after leaving himself exposed for their goal

Hall - best game so far

Worrall - not at his most creative, but never shirks the battle

Hussey - must be carrying an injury.  Not at his best offensively, but some good set ball delivery and never troubled defensively

Pett - always busy, does the job asked of him

Charsley - provides good energy and an attacking threat

Garrity - Wow! Must run on a Duracell battery which never loses its charge.  Immense competitor

Procs - great physical presence, experience, awareness and quality.  How we have missed him

Wilson - quality is an absolute joke at this level.  A tad fortunate with his goal, but offside for a 2nd looked tight.  worked his socks off till he ran out of steam after an hour or so.

Benning - did well when replacing Hussey.  Good attacking energy and great cross for the 3rd

Walker - helped us regain control of the midfield again after Mansfield changes

Harratt - 2 goals, great energy and enthusiasm to carry the fight to help secure a deserved win

Crosby - doing well in what must be very difficult circumstances in place of the gaffer.  Went for it with the subs and got his rewards.

MoTM for me were Smith and Garrity due to their sheer dogged competitive edge to ensure the game did not get away from us when Mansfield were getting a foothold, but in truth an awesome team performance with 8 or 9 genuine contenders

Excellent night. I was worried Martin might drag Oates down and get sent off in the build up to their goal. He played well after that .

Nothing but positives on the pitch and for me a big mention to the ' awful terrible ' Benning who gave us impetus and a get at them attitude with his running. He has been in the wilderness and after that cameo i hope a few get off his back. Well done to the lad.

As has been mentioned by a few people the only downside was the attendance. 800 Vale season ticket holders didn't go to a really big game, surely can't all of been on noons ? I understand about school children but to me it was a poor gate, Swindon had 8000 odd . We had less home fans  than Carlisle did against Newport who took 144  How is that possible . Come on where are you all ( My Delia Smith moment ) . 

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Excellent night. I was worried Martin might drag Oates down and get sent off in the build up to their goal. He played well after that .

Nothing but positives on the pitch and for me a big mention to the ' awful terrible ' Benning who gave us impetus and a get at them attitude with his running. He has been in the wilderness and after that cameo i hope a few get off his back. Well done to the lad.

As has been mentioned by a few people the only downside was the attendance. 800 Vale season ticket holders didn't go to a really big game, surely can't all of been on noons ? I understand about school children but to me it was a poor gate, Swindon had 8000 odd . We had less home fans  than Carlisle did against Newport who took 144  How is that possible . Come on where are you all ( My Delia Smith moment ) . 

800 if that’s true that is bad 

Shame really as another 1000 in the paddock/stand would really make some noise 

10 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Well there were 4286 Vale fans. We have 5000 season ticket holders, also there would of been a few pay on the day. 

800 out of 5000? How many live outside of the area? As a ST I have only been to one mid week game at Vale Park in the last 20 years. Also peoples work patterns, children school nights.

Archived