onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Breadwinner

Advert

5 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

How about 

Nah Nah Nah Nah Ben Garrity Garrity Super Ben Garrity .

Or big Ben Garrity Vales No 8 

He scores great goals for Port Vale Hoorah Hoorah  

Big Ben Garrity Vales no 8 .

Bit like like the Wilson song but changed to Garrity. 

Have a look at chain reaction surely there is a song in there, tone deaf me 

Huge game. Win this and we’re on the cusp of where we want to be, going to a dodgy Bradford team who are ripe for beating too. Crosby is getting himself together a bit now, and apart from a random Colchester game we’ve looked like giving very little away. Win this convincingly (not necessarily by score but by dominating the game) we’ll see a surge of confidence that will carry us through. Need to keep up the pace in this league though as all the top 10 are going for it big time.

There's bound to be more ups and downs and shock results to come.

Northampton last 3 aways 

Scunny 0 cobblers 0

Rochdale 1 cobblers 0

Carlisle 2 cobblers 1 

Tranmere had first win in 5 on Friday. 

We've got to hang in there and believe. 

For me the teams on a bit of a roll are Exeter and Bristol rovers. Mansfield were but let's see how react to a defeat .Other than them there's a lot of inconsistency at the moment amongst the challengers. 

We are certainly still in the mix and have all been frustrated particularly at Rochdale and Colchester but we aren't the only one. 

Hopefully we can now step on the gas and finish strongly. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

There's bound to be more ups and downs and shock results to come.

Northampton last 3 aways 

Scunny 0 cobblers 0

Rochdale 1 cobblers 0

Carlisle 2 cobblers 1 

Tranmere had first win in 5 on Friday. 

We've got to hang in there and believe. 

For me the teams on a bit of a roll are Exeter and Bristol rovers. Mansfield were but let's see how react to a defeat .Other than them there's a lot of inconsistency at the moment amongst the challengers. 

We are certainly still in the mix and have all been frustrated particularly at Rochdale and Colchester but we aren't the only one. 

Hopefully we can now step on the gas and finish strongly. 

Great post.

UTV

Our last 4 wins by the way have been against Crawley Scunthorpe and Stevenage at home and carlise away before they appointed Paul Simpson so we have only beat poor sides recently. With us having Mansfield Newport Bristol rovers Sutton at home Exeter home and away to come then we need to beat some of the better sides to stand a chance of play offs or top 3 if people still think we can make that.

I have us down for at least 10 more points than what we currently have on the basis of the games played and overall deserving of better.

What's done done some magical games up the Vale to be played between now and season end .

Real big games with lots riding on them .

To me the best sides i have seen this season are Mansfield and Newport County ,we have them both at home the crowd has a major part play it might lead to a dodgy 90th minute penalty given to Vale in a game what's 0-0.

If you see things clicking no wonder AC had a smile on his face yesterday the defeat v Colchester was a blessing in disguise cause we had to ditch certain things after that game .

Vale can and will be promoted .

34 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I have us down for at least 10 more points than what we currently have on the basis of the games played and overall deserving of better.

What's done done some magical games up the Vale to be played between now and season end .

Real big games with lots riding on them .

To me the best sides i have seen this season are Mansfield and Newport County ,we have them both at home the crowd has a major part play it might lead to a dodgy 90th minute penalty given to Vale in a game what's 0-0.

If you see things clicking no wonder AC had a smile on his face yesterday the defeat v Colchester was a blessing in disguise cause we had to ditch certain things after that game .

Vale can and will be promoted .

If they play on the front foot like they did for 70mns yesterday the fans will get behind them 

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

Our last 4 wins by the way have been against Crawley Scunthorpe and Stevenage at home and carlise away before they appointed Paul Simpson so we have only beat poor sides recently. With us having Mansfield Newport Bristol rovers Sutton at home Exeter home and away to come then we need to beat some of the better sides to stand a chance of play offs or top 3 if people still think we can make that.

Agreed...And you can flip it as well,  Mansfield Newport Bristol Rovers and Sutton have all to play Port Vale at Vale Park not a straight forward proposition for them, they won't look forward to playing us.

Big game, interestingly considering Mansfield’s recent overall form and league position their away form is in the bottom third of the division over the season, if we can get an early goal with their loss on Friday hopefully that can knock them a bit and get us behind the boys.

We owe Mansfield one after some hideous performance against them in recent years.

7 points from these four humdingers minimum requirement. Would leave us needed around 12/13 points from the last 8 which is feasible.

I thought we played really well against Forest Green at home and deserved to win that. They are the best organised and most professional team in the league. We should have done better against the likes of Northampton at home. So the capability is there but its important to play consistently well now. 

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Big game, interestingly considering Mansfield’s recent overall form and league position their away form is in the bottom third of the division over the season, if we can get an early goal with their loss on Friday hopefully that can knock them a bit and get us behind the boys.

We owe Mansfield one after some hideous performance against them in recent years.

7 points from these four humdingers minimum requirement. Would leave us needed around 12/13 points from the last 8 which is feasible.

Stating the obvious but 3 wins and a loss is better than 1 win and 3 draws. We have drawn too many this season. 

12 hours ago, WV said:

Two teams in form, could be a cagey affair. I’m hoping I can celebrate my birthday with a Vale win but a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world (or season) 

No - indeed it wouldn't! This isn't one of our games in hand as all the teams above us are playing the same night...Swinedon and Sutton playing against each other, so it would just be one more point towards the  total. We're on 53pts now, with 12 games to play - 36 points to go for. In the last 6 seasons, 75 has twice been good enough to make 7th place, with 71pts and 70pts in the other 4 seasons...so 8 wins out of 12 ought to see us there, and fewer than that if we win against teams above us. We are still very much in this...let's have less negativity until we're not?

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

Agreed...And you can flip it as well,  Mansfield Newport Bristol Rovers and Sutton have all to play Port Vale at Vale Park not a straight forward proposition for them, they won't look forward to playing us.

True, also how many of those teams have yet to play each other.

Archived