onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Breadwinner

Great win for the lads yesterday sets us up nicely for the visit of the excellent Mansfield although tues we hope there somewhat not that .

Confidence back let the handbrake off go for it Vale .

No idea how many Mansfield are bringing but respect to there followers .

Team for Vale well we will have to see .

Hope everyone who is Vale or just generally love football comes to the game if you have a big encouraging mouth great. .

Big games start now lets hope we can avenge the 4-0 and 3-0 defeats last season OK we got a 1-1 draw earlier on but lets be honest the stags were the better side on that particular night .

We will need to be at our best ON the pitch and off tues night .

A big thank you Mansfield  for Charsley like him never stops working I see a goal for him soon .

Looking forwards to it immensely 

UTV 

Advert

Positive mindset here. 

We beat them a couple of years back courtesy of Ricky Miller and Scott Brown when they were a better side than they are now and we were shocking. 

No reason we can't win this game at all .

Got to be unchanged. Please don't respect them too much AC, a draw isn't a disaster but let's be on the front foot and beat them. 

2-1 Vale  

23 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Good that FGR, Sutton, Northampton and Mansfield all lost yesterday, that moves us 3 points closer to all of them.

tuesday is a must win game for me, win this and the table will look far better.

Did FGR fans expect to lose to Bradford or Northampton @ Carlisle, Sutton @ Walsall, Vale @ Colchester. Nothing is a gimme, particularly at this stage of the season when suddenly pressure takes hold. If we can replicate yesterday’s performance then play-offs at least will be in touching distance. Rochdale, Harrogate & Colchester are now history, but maximum points from those games would have see us second in the table this weekend. It’s fine margins and we will drop points, but let’s be positive and get behind the boys. With the teams visiting Vale Park our support may be that extra point that we need at the end of the season.

After an encouraging win the hard work begins, three 6-pointers in the next 4 games. Mansfield the next cup final, their 14-game undefeated run ended at Tranmere. What a contrast with when we drew at Field Mill, their 13th game without a win (Vale 4th, Mansfield 20th). Stone `s chance to make the shirt his own, otherwise barring injuries no need to change the team or formation?  A win would see us leap above Mansfield.

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

25 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

After an encouraging win the hard work begins, three 6-pointers in the next 4 games. Mansfield the next cup final, their 14-game undefeated run ended at Tranmere. What a contrast with when we drew at Field Mill, their 13th game without a win (Vale 4th, Mansfield 20th). Stone `s chance to make the shirt his own, otherwise barring injuries no need to change the team or formation?  A win would see us leap above Mansfield.

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

Absolute 'must win' game as are many more that remain. We watch and we wait in anticipation, the opportunity is there, will we take it? Impressed with Stone yesterday, not sure why he lost his place anyway. Garrity is my player of the season. UTV

Good to see Stone in goal, steady performance  a couple of impressive saves. The Crawley game was a great 3 points because it gives a  platform to build on for the harder games to come. Many of the harder games to come are classic 6 pointers, we win and its 3 points to us and zero for the team above us. Essential when we are playing catch up. Noticeable that we had the most success when we kept the ball on the ground and passed and moved.

The first of twelve remaining games,

7 against teams with promotion aspirations (5 at home), 2 against teams threatened with relegation, 2 against teams with new managers ( both away), just the one against a team with nothing to play for ( also away).

If we make the playoffs or better, it will have been earned!

4 hours ago, WV said:

Two teams in form, could be a cagey affair. I’m hoping I can celebrate my birthday with a Vale win but a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world (or season) 

Happy birthday WV - are you buying us cakes on Tuesday night? 

Re Mansfield, I think they are the best team we have played this season, so hope we have just caught them at the beginning of a dip. Out of all the teams we are due to play, these worry me the most, and they would be my favourites for one of the automatics.

Flipping Swindon again yesterday - they deserve tons of respect this season giving where they started off - even if the Hairy one does play for em 🤪

Garrity to be the main man .

Ive no idea who's idea it was move the lad into a defensive role 

(Must be someones being playing injured )anyway nice to hear he is back and breaking the lines .

If your a neutral you would pay 20 pounds watch that lad .

The hard running creates space for our better players although none are better than him .

Think he deserves his own song 🎵 he is terrific .

The atmosphere better be good on Tues I'd expect everyone who has Vale at heart be there. 

Proctors due a goal as  is Wilson Play it on the floor and pass and move looking at the goals yesterday Proctor and Garrity play in tandem .

Enjoy the game .

Come on Vale 

Garrity to be the main man .
Ive no idea who's idea it was move the lad into a defensive role 
(Must be someones being playing injured )anyway nice to hear he is back and breaking the lines .
If your a neutral you would pay 20 pounds watch that lad .
The hard running creates space for our better players although none are better than him .
Think he deserves his own song he is terrific .
The atmosphere better be good on Tues I'd expect everyone who has Vale at heart be there. 
Proctors due a goal as  is Wilson Play it on the floor and pass and move looking at the goals yesterday Proctor and Garrity play in tandem .
Enjoy the game .
Come on Vale 
Bizarrely, Aiden Stone has managed to earn his own song despite rarely playing this season, which I heard for the first time yesterday! Vale fans are a weird lot when it comes to deciding which players are worth their own songs and which aren't. How has Stone earned one ahead of Pett, or Walker? Even the most recent one, for Garrity, seems very half arsed and just a rehash of the one we had for Politic

Archived