• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Nerdy stat of the day 

Crawley have scored in each of their last 12 away games. 

About time some team put and end to that run--and I hope that's us!  Come on you Vale!

Advert:

Posted (edited)

I just want no regrets out there today just get <ovf censored> at them. I want to see us throwing people forward. At the end of the day anything can happen in football if we go for it but lose from a worldie or a break away goal it is what it is but i just want to see us try and put it to them and make it uncomfortable for them bombard there goal. If they do that im sure we will get the 3 pts but even if we dont i think fans would appreciate the shackles being released 

Edited by Vale1995
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Nerdy stat of the day 

Crawley have scored in each of their last 12 away games. 

Not too bothered about that as long as we score 1 more than them.

• Haha 1

I'm hoping to be entertained today and, all being well, we'll win too.

At this stage, a draw is useless to us. I'd rather see us go all out for a promotion push than play cagey, boring, predictable football. 

The last several home games have been painful to endure and the results have generally been poor too. With the exception of the first half against FGR, we've looked nothing like a promotion team. 

Go for it and at least entertain us in trying to win. UTV! 

• Like 2

Advert:

My main worry is who people are going to scapegoat today now that Holy has been benched. Stone's morphed into Buffon since he's been out so I can't see us conceding though, if we do, it's probably Martins turn again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:

My main worry is who people are going to scapegoat today now that Holy has been benched. Stone's morphed into Buffon since he's been out so I can't see us conceding though, if we do, it's probably Martins turn again emoji6.png

For me it’s not so much the keeper even if I have little use for him as a player but just going back to a formation that makes the most of our players. Sometimes the simple option is the best one and I think that applies here.

• Like 2

Advert:

35 minutes ago, philmpv said:

My main worry is who people are going to scapegoat today now that Holy has been benched. Stone's morphed into Buffon since he's been out so I can't see us conceding though, if we do, it's probably Martins turn again emoji6.png

Or maybe holy hasn’t been very good and people are allowed to say that without ‘scapegoating’. Stone did nothing wrong 

• Like 4

Or maybe holy hasn’t been very good and people are allowed to say that without ‘scapegoating’. Stone did nothing wrong 
Nor has Holy, and neither have done much particularly right either. Have no issue with people posting reasoned critique. It's the hysterical and stupid reaction to Holy and Covolan that I take issue with
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Im not sure tranmere was a bad result for us - any two teams above us playing each other equals lost points above us, and if you look at the form guide for the top three from a month a go its shocking. Maybe its Mansfields turn to hit their sticky patch 👍😁

Yes - it was the best result apart from a draw.

Advert: