onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Right my team for tomoz we need a shake up cannot keep playing players who need a kick up the arse  .

Stone (Covalan )

Robinson Hall  Benning 

Pett Walker 

Amoo    Garrity Charsley 

Wilson 

Proctor 

Time to shake it up big style I want to see Garrity and Charsley bombing on all game hopefully Robinson will join in with Amoo and create the threat required from the right and Benning and Charsley from the left with Hurst replacing Amoo if not at it .

Something needs be done we have become very predictable in the way we set up time to set up in a different way so that we can have more fluidity in the final third and pace which is at League 2 level should be telling .

The players out are at present the plodders ,do enough get the shirt but at present are not quick enough ,bright enough and certainly not playing well enough in creation to warrant a shirt .

Lets look at set pieces (attacking while the Northampton centre half 2 are scoring record number of goals we rarely win a ball in opposition box ,is that down to desire etc who knows but I rarely get excited if Vale get a corner its a anti climax apart from Garrity and Proctor no one else shows any desire get on the end of anything its painful to watch .

Hussey and Worrall need to be replaced in my opinion (good players but rarely beat a man and when do (rare)final ball in not of standard to get on end of .

Hussey dead ball kicking is genuinely good but in general play he seems to either lack belief he can hit the byline or by the time the ball is played to him he as no space be effective that's why Robinson and Benning  being brought into my starting xl to quicken them first  passes up so we move through the lines quicker .

Tempo is required .

UTV 

To be fair, breadwinner, when things are looking bad, we can always rely on you to post something absolutely mental to lift the spirits. That is the most ridiculous starting eleven I've seen this season.

Robinson to make his first start with Amoo to play RWB and Benning to play in the left of a back three in a position I don't think he's played in at all this season.

Amoo has, and I think will always be most effective for us coming off the bench.

The problem with Vale isn't at the back, you can argue that Holy should be doing better but he concedes less than Covolan and Stone on average. The back 3 do a pretty good job of shutting out teams but I would say that Hall is as much to blame for the goals we've conceded recently than Holy is but I think because he is a great player and he is ours (not on loan) Holy becomes the focal point.

The problem we have had is scoring goals, we've only scored more than one goal in a game twice this year. That isn't good enough, the frustrating thing is it isn't like we're not creating anything, that final touch has been letting us down.

Advert

16 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Tactics, formations, players.  Come kickoff we need to forget about what’s gone and back the team vocally from minute one.

So true. Come on Valiants we have had to deal with some unbelievable bad luck! No team in this league could have coped any better than us in the circumstances. Get behind the lads get down the park and do your bit. Our luck will change ! A few player will click and its  boom! Come on you whites! 

53 minutes ago, Rocky said:

To be fair, breadwinner, when things are looking bad, we can always rely on you to post something absolutely mental to lift the spirits. That is the most ridiculous starting eleven I've seen this season.

Robinson to make his first start with Amoo to play RWB and Benning to play in the left of a back three in a position I don't think he's played in at all this season.

Amoo has, and I think will always be most effective for us coming off the bench.

The problem with Vale isn't at the back, you can argue that Holy should be doing better but he concedes less than Covolan and Stone on average. The back 3 do a pretty good job of shutting out teams but I would say that Hall is as much to blame for the goals we've conceded recently than Holy is but I think because he is a great player and he is ours (not on loan) Holy becomes the focal point.

The problem we have had is scoring goals, we've only scored more than one goal in a game twice this year. That isn't good enough, the frustrating thing is it isn't like we're not creating anything, that final touch has been letting us down.

It's a imaginative starting 11 .

Same old is not working .

I watched Barnsley v Stoke the other night and that Tymon was superb never stopped being positive .

I do not want to see players playing  ten yard passes and thinking that's taking responsibility it isn't do  positive things that leads  to positive results or at least entertainment where people look forwards to watching you .

I want us mix it up .

Go for it .

Not that he is going choose my team anyway its  Smith Martin and Hall at the back i wouldnt mind so much if there passing was fluid or quick even but it won't be and it hasn't being by the  time Worrall and Hussey get it they have to pass it back .

Then everyone's closes down and it becomes a borefest  

UtV always a reason for my team sheets but respects yours 

2 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

The famous 3-2-3-1-1 formation.

Whats your formation  

Anythings worth a go football is about scoring more than the opposition nowt else  

OK defensively might not be solid but should be too busy making angles and charging towards there goal to be  bothered with defending  .

We have being asked defend very rarely last so many games yet managed lose to Salford 1 on target goal attempt Rochdale draw 1 on target goal attempt last week deja Vue its flaming annoying 

UTV 

Let's see your team Hobblesworth UTV 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Whats your formation  

Anythings worth a go football is about scoring more than the opposition nowt else  

OK defensively might not be solid but should be too busy making angles and charging towards there goal to be  bothered with defending  .

We have being asked defend very rarely last so many games yet managed lose to Salford 1 on target goal attempt Rochdale draw 1 on target goal attempt last week deja Vue its flaming annoying 

UTV 

TBF Bread, when we had Gups and Mac we could play a 3 -2 but both went on to decent backs/wing, more so Gups. I would add an extra in Midfield atm and play both the loanees up front and give Cooper a free role, Wilson could sit back he has the talent, still remember Swanny being a centre forward. UTV

Oh btw just checked I am 4,723,014 in Fantasy league 

I've said before that I don't go every home game but after the Ribeiro fiasco I stopped going after a run of 10 seasons or so.

However I think the team need all the support they can get so me and my lad will be in the Bycars cheering em on.

It will be wet and windy but so what? Hopefully a more attacking performance,a few goals and a win. Then on to Mansfield.

Tranmere won against Mansfield tonight 3 - 2, a bad result for us, Tranmere I could see one of the few teams we have a chance of catching with 3 games played more than us now 9 points ahead.  Mansfield definitely be in the top 3 or 4 at end of season, was hoping they would have done us a favour.

1 hour ago, ginginator said:

TBF Bread, when we had Gups and Mac we could play a 3 -2 but both went on to decent backs/wing, more so Gups. I would add an extra in Midfield atm and play both the loanees up front and give Cooper a free role, Wilson could sit back he has the talent, still remember Swanny being a centre forward. UTV

Oh btw just checked I am 4,723,014 in Fantasy league 

There's very little wrong this season on what I have seen when I have attended .

We just missing a spark at present or a more adventurous set up .

If opposition team knows how we  set up and know it never changes for example big game last week v Colchester yet we replace a forward with a forward a winger with a winger etc there's no imagination why not take a defender off we were in total control of the flow of the  game .

So many questions why Pett not played he is a winner his performances are generally more very good than crap.

Walker I guess he had a dodgy half at Harrogate (didn't see this game so cannot really comment )cause generally he as being very good in a unfamiliar position  in the games I've seen first to everything v Rochdale etc .

Then Proctor surely you start with your top man then once 2 up you can remove him not play him all game v Stevenage when 2 up then only bring him on v Colchester and rest him v Harrogate when they are both must win games and what was worse was he brings Wilson off v Colchester when we badly needed a goal even if wasn't at it the  last minutes of games he usually has a go at goal,I'd like know why he ain't having a go all 90 .

So you have to confuse your opposition not be predictable  then who knows 

UTV 

Ain't we supposed be going for it .

On 09/03/2022 at 14:57, 1 said:

Crawley will want to pay us back for their imagined injustices away. Yems having choice words after the game. Don’t give them that satisfaction.

Weren't his choice words something mind numbing like "Well he didn't kill him did he?" when asked why his centre half's elbow in to Nathan Smith's head had resulted  in a red card? Such a deep thinking intellectual John Yems. He's served a touchline ban for his "choice words" already this season. What a dipstick.

21 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Weren't his choice words something mind numbing like "Well he didn't kill him did he?" when asked why his centre half's elbow in to Nathan Smith's head had resulted  in a red card? 

Not surprising, Smithy is like the Black Knight in "Holy Grail". "It's a flesh wound"

10 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Whats your formation  

UTV 

Mate he was just having a laugh 🤣

Im not sure tranmere was a bad result for us - any two teams above us playing each other equals lost points above us, and if you look at the form guide for the top three from a month a go its shocking. Maybe its Mansfields turn to hit their sticky patch 👍😁

Archived