• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

On 06/03/2022 at 15:48, Guitar Ray said:

I would rest Holy now and it’d be a toss up Wilson or Edmonson.

I think Stone would be a better replacement. If one of them goes in instead of him he probably isn’t highly rated.

• Haha 3

Advert:

3 hours ago, 1 said:

It makes me laugh how people focus on the goalkeeper regardless of 4 or 5 alternating players doing <ovf censored> all in the same game, possibly giving the ball away / not tracking back / being out of position for the very goal the keeper gets criticised for. The whole team needs getting better sharpish to sniff playoffs ever again.

My beef with holy is more than one game and not just as we lost.

1. I have a thing about loan players where if they are not loads better than our own players then why play them? I know this season we have been savvier by picking loan players who have little left on their contract incase we can sign them, but if it becomes immediately obvious they are not an upgrade why play them?

2. My main gripe with holy is not so much he has done loads wrong, more that there are lots of instances where i hoped for better. None of the goals he's conceded have been unstoppable. All seem to be goals where if he had saved them then you would call it 'a good save'. Just not had a game yet where he has made a bunch of good saves and positively influenced a game.

Finally just to say i fully agree that it's not just on Holy. The whole team seems to be off at the moment front to back. I guess with some of the outfield players we have seen them have good games previously so you hope they put in one of those performances again. I've not seen anything above a 6/10 game from Holy yet.

• Like 3

Rumours are rumours, the priority is Darrell Clarke`s family at this time.  Temporary arrangements have been made to keep the team running, and can be changed until DC makes a decision. Otherwise idle speculation.

• Like 1

Could you imagine you look up to the person who brings you into the club (DC and generally play well for him most of the time )then someone comes in shouting and bawling and you think who's this coming in and destabilising the happiness within the group and all of a sudden you have a off night (Walker first half and Pett v Harrogate )then find yourself on the bench against a limited side like Colchester and worse still do not even get come on in a game where midfield didn't shine that greatly as if they did our goal attempts didn't suggest we did .

I hope this Cooper ain't a gobshite we know that from Sinclair that you cannot have two folk managing or believing they can do better etc and undermine the one in command the unity has to be shown 

UTV 

Seems funny that he is never on the touchline what's he brought in for ?to aid AC who's a coach personally feel they would be better off if AC didn't have the stress of trying do 2 jobs .

UTV 

Advert:

I know some people are very upset at our current performances and results as I am! However we have to understand the we have had the most unbelievable bad luck. Nothing has gone right for us this season if it could go wrong it has. I just hope against hope we can find a bit of form and keep the season alive until the end. We are Vale aren’t we ? 

• Like 7

Let's hope they empty the tank to beat Bristol Rovers tonight - doing us a favour in the process and turn up knackered on Saturday. Win tonight and they've still got a sneak of the play-offs!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Maybe we should stop speculating.

Hi folks,

I would agree with the above. The club and manager have asked for privacy during what appears to be a very sad time so out of respect for those wishes can we please stick to the topic which is the match and not engage in speculation about the manager. A number of posts speculating about the manager's future have now been removed. If I have missed any please do let me or any of the moderators know.

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, Doha said:

I agree with this, obviously.

I also think we should recognise a tragedy has befallen the manager who is clearly more than well liked by Carol and the players, the latter have been at pains all season to stress the excellent atmosphere in the dressing room. And so maybe we could think about having a special dignified expression of support for DC on Easter Monday at home against Bristol Rovers, a club where he's revered and who's fans would definitely be up for it. Maybe Vale SC could work with Rovers' SC and organise selling those 'thinking of you gaffer' shirts the players wear before the game to both home and away fans, to be worn at the game, with proceeds to a charity of the Clarkes' choice? Lots of flowers placed at the Sproson statue before KO with Rovers invited to contribute alongside Carol? Under Carol, Vale are beyond all else very much a family club and I think this is the sort of support for one of our own that shows who we are.

That's a cracking idea. I'd considered suggesting some kind of fundraising drive but there's so much financial pressure on peope at the moment, I wasn't sure if it would be fair, bt a show of support at the very least would be great.

• Like 3

One thing that has impressed me throughout this horrible time for DC is the lack of info/speculation/leaks coming out of the club. That says to me that we are a tight knit, professionally run club. Can you imagine the rumour mill during the last ownership? Kerist the internet would have been awash.

If, we as fans need to know any details, I'm sure the club will let us know, at the correct time. NOW is not the correct time and perhaps we will never know, who knows?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Team matters for sure we should concentrate on  

2 home games to get back on track .

Squad who's knocking on the door are they still playing behind closed door games to keep everyones fitness high .

Surely Pett and Walker come back in especially considering they both rarely have a off game .

System can be changed  if Robinson ready for league football .

Maybe he is and we have being saving him for the run  in .

If he can do slightly what Trent Alexandra Arnold and Reece James do for there respective clubs it's going aid Vale in a big way big ask but if he as being at City he obviously has talent as all that are on loan at most clubs from City are generally  doing quite  well .

Hurst can put the kind of balls in what Proctor and Edmondson can head home ,I quite liked his positivity in the rare occasions he was selected in last years campaign. .

Benning maybe he can give us the drive required in the attacking left wing back role   

So many unanswered questions and dilemmas for the management .

Two must win games and I hope we approach both with a gung-ho attitude they score 2 we score 3 .

The emphasis must be on getting as many players as we can in the opposition box in positions to score .

At one point in season I just wanted jones score as he was the only one who hadn't,thats how good we were  

There's hope yet but our level of performances must improve by I'd say 20 per cent if we do theres no reason why we cannot win all 13 remaining games 

Set up needs be changed as we looked like on basis on what I have seen with own eyes lately in a few games like a team going through the motions ,playing with no tempo and no real desire to obtain the seasons goal which is surely to finish in top 3 (not 7).

How can performances go from (-iss the league to what the hell was that ).

Well I suggest we get back to the former kind of displays and not the latter. 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

20 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

We have to hope that Crosby is capable of steering away from his 3-4-3 system,as we really have to get the points here and just go for it

Safe plodding football out of the window now surely.

We are playing catch up and might as well lose 4-3 giving it a real whirl than the current stuff. 

Absolutely nothing to lose. Finish 8th or 12th the outcome is the same.

We have to win , starting Saturday .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Safe plodding football out of the window now surely.

We are playing catch up and might as well lose 4-3 giving it a real whirl than the current stuff. 

Absolutely nothing to lose. Finish 8th or 12th the outcome is the same.

We have to win , starting Saturday .

It is a must win game if we do win it sets us up for a real tough game against a quality Mansfield side and might put a 1000 on the gate , lose then we’ll be lucky pull in 4000 home fans and if we can’t beat Crawley then we don’t deserve the playoffs