• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

23 hours ago, Denry Machin said:

Yesterday showed we’re much better when we dare to have a go at teams. We just need to do it from the first whistle.

I thought Stone absolutely justified his return to the side; Hall was very good with and without the ball; Wilson and Proctor, while not on the scoresheet, showed why they’re integral to our forward play by creating some very good assists; Charsley’s got a great engine and I love the way he relentlessly closes down the opposition. Thank the Lord for Garrity.

If we had Gibbons in for Hussey, I’d say we’ve a strong XI. I’m not entirely convinced by the latter. He reminds me of Benning in his tendency to play the ball either sideways or backwards - going against what you require from a wing back/winger.

3-5-2 worked well, unsurprisingly. It was nice to see Worrall more advanced in the first half. I’d like to see Amoo get some minutes during this next fortnight of consecutive fixtures. He has more to offer from the bench than Cooper and Harratt.

Half of our remaining games are against the top 9. It’s hard to know whether we’re capable of using that to our advantage. A 4-1 should surely instil some momentum for Tuesday, regardless.

Hussey is a fantastic player, but seems a little out of form at the moment and doesn't seem to be running fluidly. We were speculating if he has a knock or a pull somewhere thats restricting hi a little. He certainly doesn't seem to b a dynamic as when he first signed.

• Like 1

Advert:

Guest Vale at home
14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

One thing that disappoints me slightly is the way our fans mock when the Away following is announced.  The 123 Crawley fans deserve a clap for travelling 200 miles to watch a no mark non league team.  It's the ones who can't be bothered and stay at home who deserve mocking.

I was also Disappointed .  

26 minutes ago, Row L said:

The big take home for me on Saturday is that when Proctor plays well, the whole side play well. he is key to us being successful. He was involved in most f the goals, his hold up play was strong and took the pressure off the midfield who could push on knowing that the ball wasn't coming straight back and Wilson looks so much more effective when Proctor takes the lead striker roll off him.

Some of the others quite rightly took more of the plaudits and MOM, but Proctor made that side tick. 

Proctor is an utter animal - I bloody love him.  I agree that, when he's on full chat its almost impossible to play against him.

I remember watching him against Tranmere and he one of their players got in a bit of a tangle and the ref had to step in; when it all calmed down Proctor grabbed the guy by the head and it was just bordering on playful messing about and giving his hair a rub - but Proc was just giving him a little message that he was here to mess with his head and bully him.

Can't wait for tomorrow night and see what he does against Mansfield.  If Proc and Garrity bully and rat them I can see us picking them apart.

UTV and KTF!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Row L said:

Hussey is a fantastic player, but seems a little out of form at the moment and doesn't seem to be running fluidly. We were speculating if he has a knock or a pull somewhere thats restricting hi a little. He certainly doesn't seem to b a dynamic as when he first signed.

I wonder whether that was why he has been taking less dead balls recently?

If he's fighting through the injury to help us then he should be commended.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Row L said:

The big take home for me on Saturday is that when Proctor plays well, the whole side play well. he is key to us being successful. He was involved in most f the goals, his hold up play was strong and took the pressure off the midfield who could push on knowing that the ball wasn't coming straight back and Wilson looks so much more effective when Proctor takes the lead striker roll off him.

Some of the others quite rightly took more of the plaudits and MOM, but Proctor made that side tick. 

I agree, we can see what we have been missing for 3 months - His flick to Garritty for our 3rd was absolute class

• Like 1

Advert:

33 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Fair enough, apologies then, but sometimes it's difficult to decipher what is and isn't. emoji848.png

yeah i missed that as well - oh well cant get em all 😁

I wonder whether that was why he has been taking less dead balls recently?
If he's fighting through the injury to help us then he should be commended.
See, that I don't agree with. I felt the same with Conlon, and with Pope. Nobody at this level is good enough to play at 50-75% fitness. All they're doing, IMHO, is taking a place off somebody who is not hampered by injury and who would very likely be more effective. When Conlon was playing half fit, the side suffered. Same with Pope. If it's the same with Hussey, then we've got both Jones and Benning who should play instead. They may think they're helping the team but they're really not
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

I really hope we are trying to tie Proctor down to a longer contract as he only signed a 12mth deal in the summer,he is clearly a League One player imo
Think his contract has the option of a further year in our favour if I recall correctly

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Row L said:

He’s never been dynamic at all for us. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

He’s never been dynamic at all for us. 
I disagree. I think he's pure class and does his job really well.

He's a step up for us and will serve us well when we get in League 1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Osh said:

I disagree. I think he's pure class and does his job really well.

He's a step up for us and will serve us well when we get in League 1

Steady but doesn’t have the magic touch of Worrall or gibbo do as wingbacks. We look a better side with those 2 in it. If we go up next season then I don’t think he’ll be a regular because of his lack of pace or his ability to get behind and make different kinds of runs, everything is in front of the opposition defender. 

Edited by PV1973

Advert: