• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Advert:

1 hour ago, DaneValiant said:

And an injury time equaliser for Peterborough from the penalty spot 🤣 A successful afternoon all round

I also hear Crewe gave Blunderland the run around…… and still lost 😂

I’m here, don’t worry. I haven’t been today (typically) due to family circumstances and so (despite being a season ticket holder and supported Vale for 35 years) that doesn’t permit me to comment according to some on here.
Great win for the lads and listening intermittently to Bowers & Sproson it sounded like we started off poorly but grew into the game after a fortuitous (?) equaliser then never really looked back.
I would say that, as @Bycarsbillsuggested today was vindication for what me and some of the other “moaners” have been saying, we’ve been underperforming by playing too cautiously and when we actually go after teams, we find out that we can score and beat them!! Who knew?! 
Anyway, onwards and (hopefully) upwards…
Would of been 6 if we had surprised them with 4 4 2 and Hurst making an appearance....

Advert:

2 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Swindon's late, late, late, goal a bit of a bummer!!

I’d be interested to see the stats for how many points Swindle have salvaged in injury time. I might be wrong, but it feels like a lot.

Posted (edited)

Stone made a difference for me, too often teams have had one shot and got a goal, his save at 2-1 was immense, also his distribution got us on the front foot quicker than in recent weeks enabling us to put pressure on the opposition playing 3-5-2 and playing to our strengths was a bonus as well, sets up Mansfield nicely. 

Edited by blackdog
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’d be interested to see the stats for how many points Swindle have salvaged in injury time. I might be wrong, but it feels like a lot.

Sometimes that's what happens when teams going well. Sutton and Exeter have had their fair share too.

We have only had Orient to my knowledge. 

Advert:

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Even now, RS Carl has to have a moan. We can only catch Sutton apparently, nobody else

This man is a first class prat. Why he is given air time I do not know. Perhaps he should watch Crewe or Sjoke...he'd fit in perfectly with the moaners watching that tripe

• Thanks 1

Glad I went today. Sticky start but persevered and thought our midfield overran the opposition. Garrity is gold dust...a goalscoring midfielder. Thought Proctor put himself about and Wilson with some lovely touches. Connor Hall played left wing for a bit! Glad to see us going after our opponents. Edmonson summed it up...chased down the right wing to win a corner,chased 50 yards to put a tackle in too. Charsley and Pett got better as the game went on. Stones save was vital too. Loved the singing of Darrell Clarkes black and white army repeatedly in the Bycars. Roll on Tuesday

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Sometimes that's what happens when teams going well. Sutton and Exeter have had their fair share too.

We have only had Orient to my knowledge. 

And tranmere 

• Like 1

Today proved why the 532/352 works for us so well as it allows Garrity to get forward more and brings Proc and Wilson closer together so they can link up effectively.

Some really good performances today. The attacking three of Wilson, Proctor and Garrity were all superb, as were Charlsley and Worrall. Special mention also for Stone who looked as solid as a rock.

• Like 1

Advert:

Whilst conceding the early goal appeared to be the catalyst for us to significantly up our tempo, there’s no doubting a change of formation and personnel made a clear difference today.  Full credit to the players and staff, but it’s nice also to see that the armchair managers do occasionally call it right.

It’s a shame Harratt was deemed offside for his disallowed effort as it was a beautiful finish from the lad.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DazFred said:

This man is a first class prat. Why he is given air time I do not know. Perhaps he should watch Crewe or Sjoke...he'd fit in perfectly with the moaners watching that tripe

It's because he's one of the only half dozen or so,  that ever bother with Radio Sjoke. Loved it last night when Blakeman said that no Vale fans have called in.