• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

18 minutes ago, WV said:

1-0 down after 10 mins and the season is over yet again. Surprised they are at the game as the season was over last week as well

All I said was tgat it wasn't the start we wanted and it wasn't, but a much better 20mins to half time has given me more hope.  Now let's get that accelerator to the floor! Up the Vale!

Advert:

2 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Have to ask those in the know, think he is fit, unsure if anything behind the scenes, cant see that myself

see above:) ty Hobbs

Ha, was going to say “that’s cleared that up”. He’s either fit, or injured.:-)

• Like 1

Guest Vale at home
10 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Can I just say that maybe old lady L is actually shining on us for once. Stone has been awesome.

Notice we are trying to play to the touchline again with cutbacks - NICE. Hearts in me mouth though with the defence. Would LOVE to hear Yems HT talk 😆

Yes I agree . Come on the vale . 

Just now, philmpv said:

As others have said, really grown into it as the half went on. Wilson and Garrity in particular. Only gripe for me is Smith. He's actually getting worse with the ball at his feet.

He is a centre half and thats what he should be not in a 3 trying to play, we have others that can do that, doesnt mean he cant play but take some pressure off let him do what we all know he is good at. But once you have a system all the pegs have to fit round or square

Advert:

Thank god the first half lasted 45 mins and not ten minutes 🤣

Shaky start, maybe understandable as it was a change in formation with different personal in there? But once we got into the game and got going we looked much better. Especially with Garrity breaking lines which I think we all realise is his strength. Technically he’s not the best and some things didn’t work out for him but his persistence got  him the well deserved goal. The second goal reminded me of what we were doing well before Christmas. Husseys weaknesses as a wing back have been exposed today I think and with this formation we need more energy there. But gibbo is injured so we have to stick with what we have. Garrity, Stone and Martin were stand outs in that first half for me. 

Advert:

Is it time to convert 10 goal Garrity from a CM to a permanent forward role? He can’t reliably control a ball but he can certainly make a late run and find the net. 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Is it time to convert 10 goal Garrity from a CM to a permanent forward role? He can’t reliably control a ball but he can certainly make a late run and find the net. 

I think he’s doing ok where he is.  Nice to see someone breaking from midfield.

• Like 3