onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

One thing that disappoints me slightly is the way our fans mock when the Away following is announced.  The 123 Crawley fans deserve a clap for travelling 200 miles to watch a no mark non league team.  It's the ones who can't be bothered and stay at home who deserve mocking.

Advert

Really enjoyed that yesterday. Great credit to Andy Crosby. Never in a million years could he have envisaged being in this situation but he got the big calls right on selection and put the team in the best position to win. As manager that’s all you can do.

Stone looked solid in goal. Thought Aaron Martin once again now he’s got a run of games behind him led the back line well. The whole midfield as the game wore on were really clicking with each other, obviously Garrity and Charsley with their energy but I liked the fact Pett was looking for the forward ball not just going sideways which he was in the two man midfield. People can say what they like about the quality of the opposition but they are 13th and have some good wins this season so they’re certainly no knock over job.

6 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Charlesly won everything in midfield,Petty kept things ticking over(brilliant chip for our first),Garrity making superb runs for  his goals.Hall is a beast.Wilson is class.Proctor must start on Tuesday.Same team or possibly Walker for Martin.UTV.

I might be the only one but i actually thought Martin played really well

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

You are very quick to jump on as soon as something negative happens....maybe a little lesson here in like best just wait until the end of a game me owd fruit

What gets me about it all is that some people seem to revel in the negativity. Giving it the “I told you so” kind of thing when something happens. us losing, playing poorly, going behind, someone making a mistake etc. Quite strange  behaviour, you’d think people want us to do well. 

22 minutes ago, Gooders said:

Not the only one. Always looks like a proper centre back

Steady on Lad 😜

Just shows what a run of a few games does for you - my favourite challenge was when he chased their winger to the touchline and slid a challenge in to stop the cross - he is doing well - but we have to say this as a whisper (don't want it getting out)  😂

What gets me about it all is that some people seem to revel in the negativity. Giving it the “I told you so” kind of thing when something happens. us losing, playing poorly, going behind, someone making a mistake etc. Quite strange  behaviour, you’d think people want us to do well. 
I think this is unfair...

The 'usual suspects' are simply posting their opinions on a football forum.
It's their perogative to revel in negativity

Some of the biggest revelers are quiet this weekend, think they might be busy, but I'm confident they will be back soon when we hit a bump in the road, regaling us all with their Nostradamus predictions that 'they said we would struggle when we lost half the squad then the manager' and more informative observations such as 'we have 3 keepers in the squad'

When I'm hurting after concededing a last minute goal, I like nothing more than to read the 'I told you so posts on here' it really cheers me up, so I think we should all back off and respect each others opinions.

If we're all really lucky, we might read 'another' post about how we 'should of signed an experience striker' who would of demoted Proctor or Wilson to the bench and scored more than Edmondson since Jan.
Just need one of the Championship Manager Elite to remind me of this players name again though so I can check him out on Wikipedia... (unfortunately they are always lacking the little details)

UTV

One thing that disappoints me slightly is the way our fans mock when the Away following is announced.  The 123 Crawley fans deserve a clap for travelling 200 miles to watch a no mark non league team.  It's the ones who can't be bothered and stay at home who deserve mocking.
Surely you yourself mock them by calling Crawley a " No mark non league team ".....they are in the same division as we are so what does that make us ?
We are where we are and so are they, we have no right whatsoever to Lord it over any team, let alone one in the same league as us.

18 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Surely you yourself mock them by calling Crawley a " No mark non league team ".....they are in the same division as we are so what does that make us ?
We are where we are and so are they, we have no right whatsoever to Lord it over any team, let alone one in the same league as us.

Well said Fred - we are all the same until promotion or relegation deems us different

33 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

That was a joke, mate. 

The big take home for me on Saturday is that when Proctor plays well, the whole side play well. he is key to us being successful. He was involved in most f the goals, his hold up play was strong and took the pressure off the midfield who could push on knowing that the ball wasn't coming straight back and Wilson looks so much more effective when Proctor takes the lead striker roll off him.

Some of the others quite rightly took more of the plaudits and MOM, but Proctor made that side tick. 

23 hours ago, Denry Machin said:

Yesterday showed we’re much better when we dare to have a go at teams. We just need to do it from the first whistle.

I thought Stone absolutely justified his return to the side; Hall was very good with and without the ball; Wilson and Proctor, while not on the scoresheet, showed why they’re integral to our forward play by creating some very good assists; Charsley’s got a great engine and I love the way he relentlessly closes down the opposition. Thank the Lord for Garrity.

If we had Gibbons in for Hussey, I’d say we’ve a strong XI. I’m not entirely convinced by the latter. He reminds me of Benning in his tendency to play the ball either sideways or backwards - going against what you require from a wing back/winger.

3-5-2 worked well, unsurprisingly. It was nice to see Worrall more advanced in the first half. I’d like to see Amoo get some minutes during this next fortnight of consecutive fixtures. He has more to offer from the bench than Cooper and Harratt.

Half of our remaining games are against the top 9. It’s hard to know whether we’re capable of using that to our advantage. A 4-1 should surely instil some momentum for Tuesday, regardless.

Hussey is a fantastic player, but seems a little out of form at the moment and doesn't seem to be running fluidly. We were speculating if he has a knock or a pull somewhere thats restricting hi a little. He certainly doesn't seem to b a dynamic as when he first signed.

Guest Vale at home
14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I was also Disappointed .  

26 minutes ago, Row L said:

The big take home for me on Saturday is that when Proctor plays well, the whole side play well. he is key to us being successful. He was involved in most f the goals, his hold up play was strong and took the pressure off the midfield who could push on knowing that the ball wasn't coming straight back and Wilson looks so much more effective when Proctor takes the lead striker roll off him.

Some of the others quite rightly took more of the plaudits and MOM, but Proctor made that side tick. 

Proctor is an utter animal - I bloody love him.  I agree that, when he's on full chat its almost impossible to play against him.

I remember watching him against Tranmere and he one of their players got in a bit of a tangle and the ref had to step in; when it all calmed down Proctor grabbed the guy by the head and it was just bordering on playful messing about and giving his hair a rub - but Proc was just giving him a little message that he was here to mess with his head and bully him.

Can't wait for tomorrow night and see what he does against Mansfield.  If Proc and Garrity bully and rat them I can see us picking them apart.

UTV and KTF!

Archived