onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Or only 3 wins in 10, which is hardly top-7 form either. I’ve never hidden from the fact that, after the summer investment in both playing staff and coaches, that I felt a top-3 place was realistic. Yes we’ve had some rotten luck, but injuries are part and parcel and there is no getting away from the fact that January’s business wasn’t great. I don’t recall ever saying the season was over but unless we put an incredible run together (yesterday may be the catalyst, probably know better after Tuesday) then the autos look slim if you look at the historical points required. We may get in the Play-offs but my personal view is that I don’t think we’ll win them (we’re bound to get Swindon or Northampton) but it’s a lottery and quite often it’s the team who hits form that wins. I feel there are certain types of team (strong, physical, niggly like Northampton or Newport, or Swindon who exploit the gaps in our midfield) we struggle against and with the likes of Brizzle, Oldham, Bradford and Walsall who have all hit form and Exeter twice, Newport, Sutton etc then it’s not going to be as straight-forward as some think on here. So I feel the odds at the moment suggest we’ll still be in L2 next year, irrespective of how the rest of the season plays out which hopefully see an exciting climax. I challenge anyone to say that would not be slightly disappointing. The issue then is the out of contract spine of the team and having to re-build again. 

Good post this, realistic. We have had opportunities, squandered leads and not performed in certain games. We looked nailed on to  "HMS pi** this tin pot league" as many said prior to December. Injuries, Covid, DC and who knows ahat's gone on with the keeper merry-go-round? The opportunity is still there for the play-offs. We are missing that 'little someting' that teams have when chasing promotion, could be Conlon or a demanding skipper imo? Could be massive change again next year which again is detrimental to consistency. You never know though - THIS IS PORT VALE FOLKS! - NOTHING IS STRAIGHTFORWARD!! UTV

Advert

Charlesly won everything in midfield,Petty kept things ticking over(brilliant chip for our first),Garrity making superb runs for  his goals.Hall is a beast.Wilson is class.Proctor must start on Tuesday.Same team or possibly Walker for Martin.UTV.

4 hours ago, Denry Machin said:

Yesterday showed we’re much better when we dare to have a go at teams. We just need to do it from the first whistle.

I thought Stone absolutely justified his return to the side; Hall was very good with and without the ball; Wilson and Proctor, while not on the scoresheet, showed why they’re integral to our forward play by creating some very good assists; Charsley’s got a great engine and I love the way he relentlessly closes down the opposition. Thank the Lord for Garrity.

If we had Gibbons in for Hussey, I’d say we’ve a strong XI. I’m not entirely convinced by the latter. He reminds me of Benning in his tendency to play the ball either sideways or backwards - going against what you require from a wing back/winger.

3-5-2 worked well, unsurprisingly. It was nice to see Worrall more advanced in the first half. I’d like to see Amoo get some minutes during this next fortnight of consecutive fixtures. He has more to offer from the bench than Cooper and Harratt.

Half of our remaining games are against the top 9. It’s hard to know whether we’re capable of using that to our advantage. A 4-1 should surely instil some momentum for Tuesday, regardless.

I really like Hussey and I dont think its a coincidence that we have tightened up defensively since him and Hall have been signed, however, he didnt seem himself yesterday - Im wondering if he had been carrying the knock for a while before he went off. Would be nice to see Mal being given a few games run - we are lucky when we can replace like for like with quality (I know Benning has been the scapegoat a lot this season, but he is a really good squad player if not better)

3 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I think so, I seem to recall that we'd not conceded in the 1st 15 minutes of any league game this season

Yes

up until yesterday only Vale and Northampton had not conceded in the first 15 mins of a game in the whole EFL 

I don’t think that we can have any complaints about Cov’s sending off against Swindon.
I'm not saying that. Where's the consistency though? That's what frustrates me. If Covs challenge on McKirdy is a red, then the Brighton keeper has to go too. But he didn't even get booked

On 12/03/2022 at 15:23, valiant_593 said:

Been the same for months. Say it every single game just try 4 at the back and attack them 

We were a side yesterday clearly low on confidence with past performances and with whats going on with DC(who knows how it has affected them and how they look at their families now),no doubting we made them look like top of the league for the first 15 minutes and after a great save by Stone we were unlucky to concede the way we did BUT from that moment there was only one winner,when we scored the confidence clearly came back and the fans were with them,Crawley are a better side away as well... we go on about the back 3 but its a back 3 that got us in the top two,injuries etc dropped us down the league,not many teams look like they are going score 2 or 3 against us,our problem has been scoring over the past few months but Proctor looked class again yesterday and with him and Wilson now fit can we just back them for the last 12 games,despite all thats gone on we can still do this(you wouldn't think so with some posts,you would think we were fighting relegation).

Come on everyone KTF lets back the team and the owners..... onwards and upwards

Archived