onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

6 minutes ago, Old fort said:

It's because he's one of the only half dozen or so,  that ever bother with Radio Sjoke. Loved it last night when Blakeman said that no Vale fans have called in.

The first Sjoke fan who rang in had about 10 minutes air time! I only listen to it on the way home of we've won. Half of the callers can't string 2 words together

Advert

18 minutes ago, DazFred said:

The first Sjoke fan who rang in had about 10 minutes air time! I only listen to it on the way home of we've won. Half of the callers can't string 2 words together

That Ange who could talk a glass eye to sleep interviewed two lardies outside Peterborough today. 

It was horrendous , couldn't of picked a worse pair . Car crash radio . 

16 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

That Ange who could talk a glass eye to sleep interviewed two lardies outside Peterborough today. 

It was horrendous , couldn't of picked a worse pair . Car crash radio . 

I love it. Especially when Uncle Michael talks about the gyerme(Irish for game)...which he says at least a dozen times an interview. I bet Nathan Jones is laughing his head off

51 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Whilst conceding the early goal appeared to be the catalyst for us to significantly up our tempo, there’s no doubting a change of formation and personnel made a clear difference today.  Full credit to the players and staff, but it’s nice also to see that the armchair managers do occasionally call it right.

It’s a shame Harratt was deemed offside for his disallowed effort as it was a beautiful finish from the lad.

To be fair, it wasn't their early goal that kickstarted us. It was the horrendous goal they gifted us, that got us going. Not that I mind though 😅

But up until the equaliser, we were absolutely dire to be honest...

Sometimes you just need a bit of a rub of the green, and we got that today 😃

26 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

To be fair, it wasn't their early goal that kickstarted us. It was the horrendous goal they gifted us, that got us going. Not that I mind though 😅

But up until the equaliser, we were absolutely dire to be honest...

Sometimes you just need a bit of a rub of the green, and we got that today 😃

Yes, the equaliser undoubtedly lifted us. I felt we’d started so slowly, pedestrian almost, but after their goal, whilst we looked a bit shocked, maybe at the manner in which we conceded, we upped the tempo to match that of the opposition, albeit we still looked disjointed until our goal.

On a slightly different note, well done to the singers in the Bycars today, seemed to be far more than usual.  There also seemed to be more fans sat over towards the old Family Stand side of the Bycars.  No idea if this really was the case or just how it looked as I walked along the concourse to the gents powder room.

17 minutes ago, Santa said:

I think I must have been the only person enjoying the obscure Chemical Brothers b-side Not Another Drugstore at half time as it was very quickly binned off because it weirded too many people out. 

I myself was surprised to hear "Germ free adolescent" by X ray spex played at halftime,a real belter from 1978....I welcome such incongruity and look forward to some classics by Swell Maps and Wire at future games...love it!

Quiet on here tonight...

Anyway, won't be long to wait, I'm sure the 'usual suspects' will be back with a vengeance if we lose Tuesday to remind us that 'we've got 3 keepers' and they knew we were doomed around Xmas when we lost all our strikers, captain & best player to injury.

25 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

I myself was surprised to hear "Germ free adolescent" by X ray spex played at halftime,a real belter from 1978....I welcome such incongruity and look forward to some classics by Swell Maps and Wire at future games...love it!

Vale Park playlist, always worth a listen.  

That turned out very well in the end. Stone took his chance in goal and made some impressive saves. But we didn't kick off for 20 minutes and were a goal down. Simply can't do that and its essential to be 100% physically on game from kick off. As the equaliser came the team visibly grew in confidence and was able to play some good stuff that was too much for Crawley. 

Crawley self immolated but the chances have to be taken and they were. The reluctance to shoot and tendency to overplay round the box was gone today. And so to Tuesday; same again for 90 mins not 70 mins. 

17 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Since the complaints Re. the Tannoy system, all you can hear in the Railway is crackling noises from the free standing Bose speakers, I was hoping for a bit of Matt Munro or Frankie Vaughan.

In the Lorne Street stand the stadium speakers were completely useless. Even Elvis can't be heard properly. The temporary speakers are inherently in the wrong place but at least they are broadcasting something that can be heard and understood. 

Archived