onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

Well played Vale ! A bit of a sloppy start but got to grips with it and kept the pressure on all game . A very good team performance. If we do Mansfield then we can start to dream, there is nobody in this league we need to fear. 

Advert

It was a huge, welcome relief after having seen last week. I thought that until Garrity scored the equaliser we looked as poor as last week.  

To show the character and determination to pull things together when it all looked so bleak was really impressive.   

Job done today. A decent win against an average L2 team.

Stone, in my opinion, is the keeper who deserves the shirt for a run of games now. He looks assured, his kicking is good and he makes some good saves.

Garrity was outstanding, Woz, Wilson and Proctor all played well too. 

Big game on Tuesday now. A win will increase belief in the p word still being achievable. 

UTV! 

The center of Crawley's defense  was weak, the really big guy, Francillette, was positionally very poor and a liability (Made this point at half time) and he was at fault for Vale's 1st and 3rd goals, so it was no surprise to see him taken off early in the 2nd half.

However, Vale can only beat what's put in front of them but it's hard to read much into that game, a sterner test awaits on Tuesday.

20 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Second in line for motm for me. Never gave them a second and linked the attack and midfield well. Got numerous toes in to win the ball back

He seems to have the knack of just getting a toe in as he's deceptively quick. 

I would say though he's quite similar to Garrity ( without the goals yet ) .

Possibly some games him and Garrity might not work in a 3 but I'd prefer now to persevere as we need wins.

What a great second half performance, Felt secure defensively with a sound goalkeeper that positivity seemed to feed through the side. We must believe on Tuesday taking the new found confidence to the  Mansfield game. Much happier tonight but clearly still a long way to go. 

Back to basics with attacking intent and runners off the ball. Thank the lord!

Easy win in the end but 2 big positives today.

We have a GK who can make save at critical times. Stone won us that game with that save just before halftime at 2-1. 

The players showed tremendous character to come back after a poor 20 mins. Terrible goal to concede and we never got going, crowd started to get on the back but the lads really dug in to back in the game.

Charlsley MOTM for me.Energy was superb in midfield and won a lot possession high up up the pitch.

Massive game Tuesday. I think we will really need to start quickly.

I said the other day Ben Garrity is so pivotal why has he being played as a defensive midfielder ,back in his natural position  two excellently taken  goals outmanonoveuring teams .

All 4 were excellent on what  I have seen obviously couldn't go today as roped into painting stepdaughter house (enjoyed it fairness).

Great result tues nights massive now .

I believe we will beat them as well .

UTV 

Archived