onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

39 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Talk about meltdown anyone would had thought we lost ten in a row the way some fans are going on online not so much here on this site but deary me talk about throwing the towel in and that's some of  our support .

I'm reading not going again this season ,it's over another season in league 2 etc etc all negative bile .

How much do you want promotion is my question to them  

So you think not going is going help .

So you will go and sit there silently and angrily as you feel the defeat v Colchester was the final straw it's football they all fighting for there lives(livelihoods etc ) they ain't going just roll over and have there tummies tickled ,we spent a good 36 mins in there half second half but they were resolute they closed us down where it matters and we lacked imagination and bravery break them down but we did  not try we just had a off day the effort was there from most .

So get behind the club there's 13 Cup finals left .

There's everything play for you not telling me Northampton are 10 points a better side than us I do not agree I feel we are easily capable of getting whatever number of points they finish season with  

Those I am not going again will soon change there tune if we hit some form because of the covid break and injuries and bad luck surrounding DC it's set us back somewhat but we will come again and if we get our fluidity back in final third I still feel we are on merit one of the best 7 sides in this league .

So many what ifs but long way go yet its a marathon not a sprint .

Get Garrity further forwards and tell Charsley bomb on all game and we will be smoking up that table .

That's my belief just need more pace in Worralls and Husseys positions (yes both good players but when not on form it doesn't half make us look inept ).

Well try different personnel who knows they might deliver .

Wilson needs to start delivering also I'd expect better from all round quality player but he won't be any use in the air so we need more from everyone in terms of quality up to him if we do the sky's the limit.

UTV 

I agree there is still everything to play for but I think someone should tell the players and the assistant manager to ditch this over cautious approach and fecking go for it 

Advert

On 08/03/2022 at 13:53, Doha said:

I agree with this, obviously.

I also think we should recognise a tragedy has befallen the manager who is clearly more than well liked by Carol and the players, the latter have been at pains all season to stress the excellent atmosphere in the dressing room. And so maybe we could think about having a special dignified expression of support for DC on Easter Monday at home against Bristol Rovers, a club where he's revered and who's fans would definitely be up for it. Maybe Vale SC could work with Rovers' SC and organise selling those 'thinking of you gaffer' shirts the players wear before the game to both home and away fans, to be worn at the game, with proceeds to a charity of the Clarkes' choice? Lots of flowers placed at the Sproson statue before KO with Rovers invited to contribute alongside Carol? Under Carol, Vale are beyond all else very much a family club and I think this is the sort of support for one of our own that shows who we are.

Has anyone raised this with Mark Porter or similar? Don't want to do it myself as it wasn't my idea but I think it needs doing.

24 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Has anyone raised this with Mark Porter or similar? Don't want to do it myself as it wasn't my idea but I think it needs doing.

I'll give him a bell tonight when he gets in from work. The shirt idea might be an issue with a bit of capex for the club in terms of a few grand up front for the shirts unless they have a relationship with a supplier already to buy directly from them with the club shop as an intermediary or something. But I suspect some kind of statement along the lines of a shirt would be popular with the Bristol Rovers fans as well as ours given his status there. Tangible, you can take it home, the screen printers could put the badges of both clubs on the back if we were really feeling soft. I just thought with the connection he has to them it feels like the right thing to do. Particularly on easter monday in front of what could be a decent crowd and away following.

I think this is an awesome idea, and one I think the Bristol R fans would love to take on - and I think their badge alongside ours would bring a little unity rarely seen in the modern game? 

Excellent speech by Captain Tom, tonight - he's managing to sound fairly upbeat despite the season he's having - I just hope the players take it in and do it for the gaffer??? 

On 09/03/2022 at 14:51, Breadwinner said:

Talk about meltdown anyone would had thought we lost ten in a row the way some fans are going on online not so much here on this site but deary me talk about throwing the towel in and that's some of  our support .

I'm reading not going again this season ,it's over another season in league 2 etc etc all negative bile .

How much do you want promotion is my question to them  

So you think not going is going help .

So you will go and sit there silently and angrily as you feel the defeat v Colchester was the final straw it's football they all fighting for there lives(livelihoods etc ) they ain't going just roll over and have there tummies tickled ,we spent a good 36 mins in there half second half but they were resolute they closed us down where it matters and we lacked imagination and bravery break them down but we did  not try we just had a off day the effort was there from most .

So get behind the club there's 13 Cup finals left .

There's everything play for you not telling me Northampton are 10 points a better side than us I do not agree I feel we are easily capable of getting whatever number of points they finish season with  

Those I am not going again will soon change there tune if we hit some form because of the covid break and injuries and bad luck surrounding DC it's set us back somewhat but we will come again and if we get our fluidity back in final third I still feel we are on merit one of the best 7 sides in this league .

So many what ifs but long way go yet its a marathon not a sprint .

Get Garrity further forwards and tell Charsley bomb on all game and we will be smoking up that table .

That's my belief just need more pace in Worralls and Husseys positions (yes both good players but when not on form it doesn't half make us look inept ).

Well try different personnel who knows they might deliver .

Wilson needs to start delivering also I'd expect better from all round quality player but he won't be any use in the air so we need more from everyone in terms of quality up to him if we do the sky's the limit.

UTV 

Amen to this brother

On 08/03/2022 at 22:35, Wrex said:

Blackburn have had a slightly longer play-off gap than that. Though they did win the Premier League in that time.

Other Premier League stalwarts and Football League newcomers have yet to compete in the play-offs, but in terms of actually having the ability to finish in th play-offs and yet failing to do so (including one solitary automatic promotion) our appalling record is unmatched

As far as I can recollect, we've finished in the play offs twice: losing one promotion final (to WBA), and winning ONE (a two-legged affair against Bristol Rovers). In the meantime we've had one automatic promotion too! 

22 minutes ago, DrPhil said:

As far as I can recollect, we've finished in the play offs twice: losing one promotion final (to WBA), and winning ONE (a two-legged affair against Bristol Rovers). In the meantime we've had one automatic promotion too! 

The Bristol Rovers ones will live long in my memory thats for sure

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

The Bristol Rovers ones will live long in my memory thats for sure

Had tears in my eyes in the Bycars with this promotion. i never thought I'd see Vale in the second tier of English football. Got the original framed and signed Robbie Earle photo of him sitting in the tunnel afterwards.

Right my team for tomoz we need a shake up cannot keep playing players who need a kick up the arse  .

Stone (Covalan )

Robinson Hall  Benning 

Pett Walker 

Amoo    Garrity Charsley 

Wilson 

Proctor 

Time to shake it up big style I want to see Garrity and Charsley bombing on all game hopefully Robinson will join in with Amoo and create the threat required from the right and Benning and Charsley from the left with Hurst replacing Amoo if not at it .

Something needs be done we have become very predictable in the way we set up time to set up in a different way so that we can have more fluidity in the final third and pace which is at League 2 level should be telling .

The players out are at present the plodders ,do enough get the shirt but at present are not quick enough ,bright enough and certainly not playing well enough in creation to warrant a shirt .

Lets look at set pieces (attacking while the Northampton centre half 2 are scoring record number of goals we rarely win a ball in opposition box ,is that down to desire etc who knows but I rarely get excited if Vale get a corner its a anti climax apart from Garrity and Proctor no one else shows any desire get on the end of anything its painful to watch .

Hussey and Worrall need to be replaced in my opinion (good players but rarely beat a man and when do (rare)final ball in not of standard to get on end of .

Hussey dead ball kicking is genuinely good but in general play he seems to either lack belief he can hit the byline or by the time the ball is played to him he as no space be effective that's why Robinson and Benning  being brought into my starting xl to quicken them first  passes up so we move through the lines quicker .

Tempo is required .

UTV 

A return to 352 that worked reasonably well after a slow start and before the injuries and enforced covid break. 

Holy (can't see a change)

Smith Martin Hall

Worrall Garrity Walker Pett Hussey

Proctor Wilson

The only positive that I am hoping for is, if we do somehow manage to turn our performances around and re capture our early season form we will enter the play offs on a roll and could be quite dangerous.

19 minutes ago, jasmart02 said:

A return to 352 that worked reasonably well after a slow start and before the injuries and enforced covid break. 

Holy (can't see a change)

Smith Martin Hall

Worrall Garrity Walker Pett Hussey

Proctor Wilson

The only positive that I am hoping for is, if we do somehow manage to turn our performances around and re capture our early season form we will enter the play offs on a roll and could be quite dangerous.

I'd give Garrity a break and play Proctor & Harratt up front with Wilson in the 10 role.

3-4-1-2

Archived