onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

Advert

One thing I fail to understand, is why we've abandoned the tactics we played at Carlisle. AC has said himself, again and again, that it worked amazing. But yet, the best game we've played in a long while, with a tactic that worked, scoring 3 goals, looking good going forward, scares the management team? We've not played that way since, but gone back to the "let's go for a 0-0 but if we can knick one, that would be amazing" tactics. 
As Einstein said: "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result". But yet, even though we tried something different ONCE, that actually WORKED, we reverted back to the one that doesn't work, and refuse to go the Carlisle way again or just try anything new. Maybe it's the "wounded animal" tactics, that we've become so afraid to lose, that the main thing is making sure we don't concede, that we almost forget going forward.  

I don't get it, I just don't get it 🤷‍♂️🤯

10 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

One thing I fail to understand, is why we've abandoned the tactics we played at Carlisle. AC has said himself, again and again, that it worked amazing. But yet, the best game we've played in a long while, with a tactic that worked, scoring 3 goals, looking good going forward, scares the management team? We've not played that way since, but gone back to the "let's go for a 0-0 but if we can knick one, that would be amazing" tactics. 
As Einstein said: "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result". But yet, even though we tried something different ONCE, that actually WORKED, we reverted back to the one that doesn't work, and refuse to go the Carlisle way again or just try anything new. Maybe it's the "wounded animal" tactics, that we've become so afraid to lose, that the main thing is making sure we don't concede, that we almost forget going forward.  

I don't get it, I just don't get it 🤷‍♂️🤯

You,me, and 5000 others DV

1 hour ago, 1 said:

It makes me laugh how people focus on the goalkeeper regardless of 4 or 5 alternating players doing <ovf censored> all in the same game, possibly giving the ball away / not tracking back / being out of position for the very goal the keeper gets criticised for. The whole team needs getting better sharpish to sniff playoffs ever again.

To be honest thats spot on we weren't sharp enough throughout the  game it's seems we play the same way every game it's  percentage football we need to start playing with pace down both sides and get  Garrity as far up the pitch as possible .

Yes we are tighter at the back but what comes with that is that we are uncreative going forwards .

We have to go for it players need take risks ,I do not want see ten yard passes to one another with no fluidity I want see sharp passing through the pitch with the right centre and left  centered centre halfs joining in bursting up the pitch creating pockets of space for the better players get on the ball and start to threaten all the remaining 13 teams we face .

Whoever was  responsible for saturdays defeat is the whole team ,we didn't score and gave away a cheap goal. 

Calling out players for mistakes isn't really fair as you could ask what was J Wilsons contribution on sat as I didn't see any signs of a player who wanted to be involved in that particular   game and if he did you wouldn't of thought it by his body language what was shocking .

We cannot be carrying players who only produce 1 in every 4 games or more than that  

On 06/03/2022 at 15:48, Guitar Ray said:

I would rest Holy now and it’d be a toss up Wilson or Edmonson.

I think Stone would be a better replacement. If one of them goes in instead of him he probably isn’t highly rated.

3 hours ago, 1 said:

It makes me laugh how people focus on the goalkeeper regardless of 4 or 5 alternating players doing <ovf censored> all in the same game, possibly giving the ball away / not tracking back / being out of position for the very goal the keeper gets criticised for. The whole team needs getting better sharpish to sniff playoffs ever again.

My beef with holy is more than one game and not just as we lost.

1. I have a thing about loan players where if they are not loads better than our own players then why play them? I know this season we have been savvier by picking loan players who have little left on their contract incase we can sign them, but if it becomes immediately obvious they are not an upgrade why play them?

2. My main gripe with holy is not so much he has done loads wrong, more that there are lots of instances where i hoped for better. None of the goals he's conceded have been unstoppable. All seem to be goals where if he had saved them then you would call it 'a good save'. Just not had a game yet where he has made a bunch of good saves and positively influenced a game.

Finally just to say i fully agree that it's not just on Holy. The whole team seems to be off at the moment front to back. I guess with some of the outfield players we have seen them have good games previously so you hope they put in one of those performances again. I've not seen anything above a 6/10 game from Holy yet.

Could you imagine you look up to the person who brings you into the club (DC and generally play well for him most of the time )then someone comes in shouting and bawling and you think who's this coming in and destabilising the happiness within the group and all of a sudden you have a off night (Walker first half and Pett v Harrogate )then find yourself on the bench against a limited side like Colchester and worse still do not even get come on in a game where midfield didn't shine that greatly as if they did our goal attempts didn't suggest we did .

I hope this Cooper ain't a gobshite we know that from Sinclair that you cannot have two folk managing or believing they can do better etc and undermine the one in command the unity has to be shown 

UTV 

Seems funny that he is never on the touchline what's he brought in for ?to aid AC who's a coach personally feel they would be better off if AC didn't have the stress of trying do 2 jobs .

UTV 

I know some people are very upset at our current performances and results as I am! However we have to understand the we have had the most unbelievable bad luck. Nothing has gone right for us this season if it could go wrong it has. I just hope against hope we can find a bit of form and keep the season alive until the end. We are Vale aren’t we ? 

16 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Maybe we should stop speculating.

Hi folks,

I would agree with the above. The club and manager have asked for privacy during what appears to be a very sad time so out of respect for those wishes can we please stick to the topic which is the match and not engage in speculation about the manager. A number of posts speculating about the manager's future have now been removed. If I have missed any please do let me or any of the moderators know.

Thanks!

Archived