• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

What can be done with the players available? Where is the inspiration coming from to produce the much-needed goals now that Gibbons is out again and hopes of a Conlon return this season are now over. Change of formation to be tried? Crawley come to Vale Park with 3 away wins this year including Northampton, and a recent defeat of FRG at home, so not to be taken lightly. 3 points will be well received if they can be found before the games get a little harder.

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

Advert:

What can be done with the players available? Where is the inspiration coming from to produce the much-needed goals now that Gibbons is out again and hopes of a Conlon return this season are now over. Change of formation to be tried? Crawley come to Vale Park with 3 away wins this year including Northampton, and a recent defeat of FRG at home, so not to be taken lightly. 3 points will be well received if they can be found before the games get a little harder.
Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army
One thing is for sure - if AC carries on with this formation and performances don't massively improve offensively, then a lot of the loudest fans will very quickly turn very nasty.

I personally think that in the continued absence of Conlon, we have to play either 352 and get Garrity further up the pitch, or 3412 with Wilson in the hole to give us that technical nouse just behind the strikers
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

We will play 3-4-3. We will score a goal, then fail to kill the game off. Crawley will fashion one clear cut chance on target and will score from it. People will wonder if the keeper could have done better.

1-1.

Edited by Santa
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ben Garrity is not a holding midfielder,he is wasted on that position,needs to be playing further up the pitch.Four out of the next five games at home,just need ten points from these to give us a chance of getting the 73 or so points required for the last.play off place,one can buy hope !

• Like 1

Advert:

Tough game for us this. We should probably spend all week watching how good Crawley are and then set up 343 and look to defend for 90 minutes. Then we can say well done if we manage to get a 7th draw in 11 games. Definitely need to keep the fantastic Holy in nets and make sure we play that back 3 again. Hopefully we play Wilson and Edmondson out position and Cooper surely has to start after how good he’s been. 0-0. Fantastic result that some fans take as a huge stride forwards. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Constructive. Thanks. Even better for just having digs at other fans in multiple threads trying to make out you’re an island of realism in a sea of happy clappers. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 7

Garrity has to play as far forwards as he can for sure .

Hurst can beat a man and put a decent level of cross in on his few Vale appearances I saw with no one in the ground maybe he could give us a spark with talisman Gibbons the lad who's set up Vales last four goals out.

Is Robinson up to it can he give us a spark why sign him for the future if he can pass and move the ball at academy level he can pass and move the ball in league 2 one would think .

Amoo must come in in my opinion to be honest you could probably drop 8 players out of starting 11 yesterday if the squad players are ready .

UTV 

• Like 1

343 with the 3 strikers has not worked. They seem be each separate entities to each other. If we persist with 343 then use Worrall and Amoo as wingers to both get shots away and crosses into the box to Proctor. Would also need Garrity and the other winger getting involved.

HOWEVER, do see anything like that happening. We'll play 343 and play 3 strikers who do not really link up with each other BUT I hope I'm wrong.

I would go:

Holy

Smith.              Martin.            Hall

Worrall.                Pett.                  Walker.                     Hussey

Garrity

Proctor.                    Wilson

9 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

343 with the 3 strikers has not worked. They seem be each separate entities to each other. If we persist with 343 then use Worrall and Amoo as wingers to both get shots away and crosses into the box to Proctor. Would also need Garrity and the other winger getting involved.

HOWEVER, do see anything like that happening. We'll play 343 and play 3 strikers who do not really link up with each other BUT I hope I'm wrong.

I would go:

Holy

Smith.              Martin.            Hall

Worrall.                Pett.                  Walker.                     Hussey

Garrity

Proctor.                    Wilson

In terms of currently available players I really can’t argue with that team apart from I would rest Holy now and it’d be a toss up Wilson or Edmonson.

Whoever plays needs to show a lot more desire and energy than what we saw yesterday.

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

And he’s won one taken 6pts from a possible 15 and the football has been dire 

Yeah defo sack him then. That will 100% boost our chances at improving 

The last 10 games have been unsuccessful. We would have more points winning 5 and losing 5 and it has been utter rubbish to watch. As Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". Actually he was wrong in quantum mechanics because of the uncertainty principle, but dead right about Port Vale without ever watching the club.  Please play Worrall in his best position. Please tell Pett it is Ok to pass forward. Please drop a centre half and change formation to 442 or 433. 

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

No body is saying sack him knob head 

The post I originally replied to said exactly that. Calm down a bit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1