PENALTY!!!

Question

On a day when Swindon take all the points from Bradford with a 96th minute penalty, The Vale have yet to be awarded a spot kick in 33 league games this season.

Will we go an entire season without a single Penno, and has it ever happened before in the modern game?

I'm depressed tonight. Can you tell?

Advert:

Posted (edited)

I’m sure something similar happened for a good while under Rudge. I don’t think we got a single penalty during our 93/94 promotion season. 

Edited by Santa

We’ve had a couple of big shouts, Burton in the cup and the Wozza one in injury time against Salford were stone wall but otherwise I can’t overly think of any we didn’t get.

Usually you expect to get and concede 5 or 6 a season. Don’t think we’ve conceded many either? Sunderland in the cup, Mansfield A (Saved) and Swindon H off the top of my head?

It’s a strange one!

6 hours ago, valefan16 said:

We’ve had a couple of big shouts, Burton in the cup and the Wozza one in injury time against Salford were stone wall but otherwise I can’t overly think of any we didn’t get.

Usually you expect to get and concede 5 or 6 a season. Don’t think we’ve conceded many either? Sunderland in the cup, Mansfield A (Saved) and Swindon H off the top of my head?

It’s a strange one!

You have to get somebody running with the ball in the box to get penalties that’s the problem 

• Like 7

Advert:

10 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

You have to get somebody running with the ball in the box to get penalties that’s the problem 

Spot on you got have desire get in we are seriously lacking desire get in there .

Hussey and Worrall are not going be the players to do that so why not try other players in there roles.

It's pedestrian our work at present everything needs be quickened up I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors bit I feel our performance levels are very much lower than what they need be especially for a club who's aim is top 7 .

I'd be looking at the whole squad over the coming weeks and be watching games back and seeing whats wrong and amending it .

Can someone double check how long we went without being awarded a penalty during the 1990s? From memory I think it was 2 and a bit seasons between Exeter away in 92/93 and Wolves at home in 95/96.

• Confused 1

Advert:

Bradford at home last season was the last one we got. Sunderland in the League Cup we had a blatant one not given while they had a joke one given. The one Mansfield got against us was soft as clarts. Worrall should have had one against FGR. And FGR’s goal had two offsides in the build up. He could have had one against Salford as well. Smithy could have had a few as well but refs seem to ignore players having their shirts pulled off in the penalty area. 

• Like 3

Advert:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, knapperm said:

IMG_2382.JPGIMG_2381.JPGIMG_2380.JPGIMG_2379.JPGIMG_2378.JPG

We don’t get penalties cause the refs we have don’t consider the photos as fouls !!

I noticed those as well when viewing the official gallery photos., the refs standing 2 yards away, looking straight at it on one photo.