onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Holy

Iron Curtain

This will be an interesting listen… as always I’m left wondering how much better his performances would be if they weren’t getting sl@gged off all over social media and instead if we purposefully and proactively got behind him to boost his confidence! 

Advert

12 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

This will be an interesting listen… as always I’m left wondering how much better his performances would be if they weren’t getting sl@gged off all over social media and instead if we purposefully and proactively got behind him to boost his confidence! 

Look forward to listening.

Thanks

From Wikipedia:

Holý has been noted for his "positive" and "infectious" personality.[55][56] Cambridge United manager Mark Bonner described him as a "brilliant character".[45]

I'm sure he'll end up as a popular player here if people give him a bloody chance.

From Wikipedia:
Holý has been noted for his "positive" and "infectious" personality.[55][56] Cambridge United manager Mark Bonner described him as a "brilliant character".[45]
I'm sure he'll end up as a popular player here if people give him a bloody chance.
'A chance'? What's that? I think he needs dropping as then his ability and number of saves will increase tenfold. Look how often our defence kept a clean sheet when Legge was in it (despite not being in it), or Pope's cross conversion rate when he was out injured. Pretty sure Pope 'scored' around 30 in the final 3 months of last season

The reaction on here to the goal on Tuesday was ridiculous.

Lucas is the only keeper we've got who's made a save.

My Nan could’ve saved that.

Holy is dodgey

Would love to see Holy’s save:goals against ratio since joining.

Has he ever made a save?

Don’t send him back just get the next <ovf censored> in on loan. [?]

The invisible man in goal again

It's pathetic and just goes to show the sheep mentality of some of our fans.

16 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

The reaction on here to the goal on Tuesday was ridiculous.

It's pathetic and just goes to show the sheep mentality of some of our fans.

Or the keeper has just been a bit dodgy so far? I see you quoted myself there. (Holy is dodgy) he has been so far. Stats look good but that’s because the defence has been excellent rather than Holy pulling off a string of saves. I don’t necessarily think the goal was his error but I’d be wanting my keeper to do better there. So without any game changing errors I just don’t think he’s looked any better than the other two keepers we have. 

I deliberately didn't use posters names as I didn't want to single anyone out, and didn't specifically quote you. But it doesd, for me, prove how so many posters have it in for the keeper and instantly blamed him for a goal which wasnt his fault. He plucks crosses out of the air for fun but it's never commented on. I agree he doesn't look any better than Stone or Covolan (and would welcome the latter back as he think he's a significant reason for our seeming lack of direction of late) but to see some on here, he's the worst keeper we've ever had and they can't wait to stick the boot in.

2 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I deliberately didn't use posters names as I didn't want to single anyone out, and didn't specifically quote you. But it doesd, for me, prove how so many posters have it in for the keeper and instantly blamed him for a goal which wasnt his fault. He plucks crosses out of the air for fun but it's never commented on. I agree he doesn't look any better than Stone or Covolan (and would welcome the latter back as he think he's a significant reason for our seeming lack of direction of late) but to see some on here, he's the worst keeper we've ever had and they can't wait to stick the boot in.

Could’ve used mine. I stand by it. He’s <ovf censored> and my nan could’ve saved it.

Also, calling players out for being terrible on here is different to social media. Not like players are here reading this, and if they are they’re an idiot. I’d never call them <ovf censored> on social media because as you say all it does is make them worse.

Archived