• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

26 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Big game today I think on recent away displays on what I have seen especially the Rochdale game we deserved the three points but wasn't to be .

Just gotta keep being as positive as going forwards then the rewards will come last two away Wilsons had a hard luck story today let's hope its a happy ending as that shot what hit the bar is what we want see but obviously not hitting the bar hitting the net 

Cooper seems to me on what I have seen so far very positive a goal for him today or soon for me .

Lets put firstly a good performance in if we do we have every chance of the 3 points .

Let's hope thats the case as a draw again well we are away so that's not a bad result but last two away we have looked to me like we are capable of so much more .

Safe travels to away following cannot fault you at all whether there's 250 or whatever the following will be well done all .

UTV 

If our home record was really good then maybe a point at a side who are 5th bottom  wouldn’t be to bad ( Even so a bit disappointing) but our home form ain’t nothing to shout about either 

Advert:

On 04/03/2022 at 12:11, Rocky said:

The criticism Holy gets doesn't make sense to me. I'd be amazed if he was dropped given his stats. He wasn't to blame for Tuesday night's goal, take your pick from Pett, Smith, Walker and Hall. The late goal against Rochdale should have been cleared by Hall but it got caught under his boot and he fluffed it and it was a good finish into the corner..

His save percentage is better than Stone, his goals conceded per game is less than Covolan and Stone and he has 3 clean sheets in 8.

I do understand that Stone has come on twice this season to replace Covolan and the team have been down to 10 men which muddies the stats a little but Holy isn't the awful goalkeeper that people have labelled him to be. 

EDIT: His distribution does need to improve though. He has a cannon of a right foot but he needs to gauge it better, he gives the ball back to their goalkeeper too many times.

1288647978_Screenshot2022-03-04at12_03_43.thumb.png.a56a95852d0028f50f1b99f66b2d650b.png

Thanks for the stats to back up an argument that I would agree with.  I too, don't see any reason why Holy shouldn't continue as #1 keeper certainly in the short term.  Obviously every player has to be measured on their performances and it's only right that whatever position we are talking about, each one is picked on merit.

• Like 2

Advert:

Guest Vale at home
59 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Hoping for 3 points but results so far in 2022 suggest a low scoring game, 1-1 seems favourite. Would be great if we stuffed someone and went into the last few minutes  of the game with a comfortable lead.

I also hope , for 3 points today . Vale need to start winning again soon .

Advert:

How unlucky is that for gibbo to get injured in a challenge so late in the game on Tuesday. Massive blow. But I guess that’s part and parcel of football, you can’t legislate for that at all. 

Posted (edited)

Thankfully we share the assists round in our side a lot, so this shouldn’t be an issue. It’s not like Gibbons has set up 4 of our last 5 or anything. 

These are dogs so a win is an absolute must. Draw isn’t good enough. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
Just now, Coyney Valiant said:

Proctor on the bench FFS can’t he play every Saturday 

Just being rested, we were told. 

Edited by Joe B

When we played 343 against them earlier in the season they played 442.

Recently they have been playing 4231 or 433

Hopefully we don’t get overrun in midfield.

Garrity and Charsley have lots of energy thankfully!

Advert:

13 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Rested why has he got a second job on nights stacking shelves at tesco 

No, he’s just been out injured for 2 months, folk were moaning he was rushed back too soon last time, now they moan when he is eased back in, damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Springs to mind.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2