• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Advert:

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Do one of your 'I told you so' flounce/ dummy-spitting posts again, it was really funny last time.

Can’t be bothered, I’m sick of getting it right every season. Keeps happening. I predict it will go wrong, I get stick, and then it goes wrong.

Wish I could look silly and it all go the opposite way. 

Edited by Joe B

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

So what would you do about it if you were Carol. What’s your big call to fix it?

Murray as interim manager

Crosby reverts to his assistant manager role.

At this stage it’s throwing things up in the air and seeing how they land, but it’s a last throw of the dice to save our season. Our direction of travel indicates we aren’t troubling the play offs if things stay as they are.

• Like 4

In the Dog and pheasant half a mile from the ground. 

Absolutely a shocking performance against a dire team. No excuses for that pathetic display.  Easily the worst of the season.

Oh well, the life of a Vake fan 

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can’t be bothered, I’m sick of getting it right every season. Keeps happening. I predict it will go wrong, I get stick, and then it goes wrong.

I know the feeling Joe!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

There is a concern here on what happens IF DC doesn't return,it is showing that Crosby certainly wont be the answer

He never has been the answer anyway because he’s a coach who’s having to fill in due to unprecedented circumstances. No one, least of all him, would have expected to be in this position right now.  But what else can we do, other than try and make the best of it for the time being. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Santa said:

Murray as interim manager

Crosby reverts to his assistant manager role.

At this stage it’s throwing things up in the air and seeing how they land, but it’s a last throw of the dice to save our season. Our direction of travel indicates we aren’t troubling the play offs if things stay as they are.

Good shout.  Crosby came out the other week and said he is happy being 2nd in charge.

Murray applied for the manager slot, so lets see how he would set the Vale up. Fresh eyes and a different formation/tactics could be what is needed.

• Like 1

Advert:

59 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Worrall and garrity were shambolic honestly did any of them create or even make a successful pass that wasnt backwards

Might be on my own here but i wouldn't be surprised to see Worrall leave in the summer,it's a shame but i dont think the system has helped his cause at all this season

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If only we had a manager with 350 games in management, a promotion, and a playoff campaign at this level + had had a large part in assembling the squad who was already employed at the club.

Alas, we’ll muddle on with an assistant, a coach, and a lad who’s been at the club 5 minutes, and then act shocked when it doesn’t work.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Ermm because a fair few on here wanted it scrapped maybe 🙂 

I wish it were true that a manager changes the formation because he reads the internet and sees that some fans don’t like it, because hopefully he’ll do the same thing next Saturday. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I’m looking forward to the fans being blamed for this. They’ve done something, for sure. Something to do with ‘criticising on forums not read by players’, the reprobates.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If only we had a manager with 350 games in management, a promotion, and a playoff campaign at this level + had had a large part in assembling the squad who was already employed at the club.

Alas, we’ll muddle on with an assistant, a coach, and a lad who’s been at the club 5 minutes, and then act shocked when it doesn’t work.

No, Flitcroft needs to stay as DOF. Changing his position even temporarily could ruin the structure long term.

Another season of toning and balancing the squad and we’ll have a good chance of making something happen, but it needs changing up.

42 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

AC doesn't want to be where he is, and would probably admit himself this is why he is a coach

Might as well get Flitcroft take over for the remaining games and lets just have a go at it