onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

You can understand fans frustrations but lets look at the last however many games 

Salford 0-1 played really well first half deserved be 2 or 3 up lost to there only effort on target .

Forest Green 1-1 first half endeavour was terrific deserved more than one goal I fail to see what they did deserve there equaliser .

V Northampton 0-0 borefest 

V Rochdale 1-1 great goal dominated the whole second half played superbly in terms of first to everything I  fail to see yet again what Rochdale did deserve there equaliser. 

V Stevenage 2-0 job done in 20 mins .

V Colchester team doing all the running lose to pathetic goal 1-0 yet again fail to see what they did to warrant a goal .

Long way go yet .

Keep the faith and stop moaning it helps no one what's done done .

UTV 

4 GOALS IN 6 GAMES IS NOT PROMOTION FORM SADLY

Advert

10 hours ago, MBE said:

He needs to step up to the plate.

If he doesn’t we should 100% <ovf censored> him off at the end of season and get another DOF.

Is he full of bullshut or does he actually walk the walk?

What do you expect him to do now??? A cheeky bid for Ronaldo, on loan? Sorry...transfer window is closed till Summer! His job is DoF...but I'm sure Klopp could step in, for a couple of weeks or so? I wouldn't expect a DoF to drop down to Manager - especially in the circumstances we're in! We have experienced coaches and, supposedly, a playing philosophy that the players are familiar with? It's up to all these now to train and work on tactics that can win games - and I get the feeling our players are not talking to each other enough, during the game, and not adapting to situations? 

10 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

...My main point was DC and Flitters was too much for a League 2 side and money would be better spent on players...

I suspect you were told...as have others been...frequently...that the expenditure on the management / coaching structure could not be spent on players as the playing budget has to conform to FFP regulations? 

10 hours ago, MBE said:

...If he can’t do that in the hour need then he doesn’t deserve to be here.

Thankfully, that's not your decision to make! DF didn't take on the job of DoF (and stand-in Manager in case our Manager suffers an awful personal tragedy)! Just as DoF, whose job is to prepare the club for the future. The coaches we have should be able to implement the football side, and should know the tactics the actual Manager wants to play? 

Ask yourself this: if DC decides he doesn't want to come back, would you expect DF to take his job? And bring a new DoF in? Or, is it just the position of DoF you object to - presumably because you don't fully understand what it is? 

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

How do you know this?

After hearing the reason he is off there is no doubt in my mind we wont see clarke again this season and maybe some of the following season. And he is absolutely entitled to the amount of times he needs off as its absolute gut wrenchingly sad. 

maybe the whole clarke situation is having a bigger impact on the players than we thought i cant imagine the dressing room is too upbeat at the moment.

I don't know the situation with Clarke. And I'm not going to pry. Obviously a bad situation. Obviously many do though. I don't really understand the secrecy.  We all wish him the best regardless I am sure.  There is more to life than football. Just.

2 hours ago, toyahw said:

I don't know the situation with Clarke. And I'm not going to pry. Obviously a bad situation. Obviously many do though. I don't really understand the secrecy.  We all wish him the best regardless I am sure.  There is more to life than football. Just.

It’s not secrecy, it’s respecting his privacy at a difficult time.  Just because he’s a football manager does not mean his personal circumstances should be made public.

Rumours abound on what has happened, which if true are unbelievably tragic.  Certainly not something to be debated on this or any other forum.

It is up to DC / his family for the right time for this to become public knowledge - if they ever want it to that is.

It certainly isn't. I would also take a bet that if you were to look at all of the results of promoted teams within the football league over the last 20 years more of them will have had a similar run at some point in their promotion season than not.

15 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:
12 hours ago, pete vale said:

It certainly isn't. I would also take a bet that if you were to look at all of the results of promoted teams within the football league over the last 20 years more of them will have had a similar run at some point in their promotion season than not.

Possibly but having seen many promotion sides (Vale), there is something missing from this one. We could still make the top 7 and I sincerely hope we do. Howver, it's not so long ago sayings such as "HMS P*ss this tin-pot' league were abound? Just being realistic sadly, not negative.

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Thankfully, that's not your decision to make! DF didn't take on the job of DoF (and stand-in Manager in case our Manager suffers an awful personal tragedy)! Just as DoF, whose job is to prepare the club for the future. The coaches we have should be able to implement the football side, and should know the tactics the actual Manager wants to play? 

Ask yourself this: if DC decides he doesn't want to come back, would you expect DF to take his job? And bring a new DoF in? Or, is it just the position of DoF you object to - presumably because you don't fully understand what it is? 

I like the DOF model and we need to stick to it and Yes I do understand what a DOF does ,however in business you have to adapt to situations. This one is an exceptional one. DOF has to show leadership. These are his players and vision implemented by the coaches, it’s not working.

He has loads of management experience to lean on getting out of this league why would you not use it? Instead we install another coach to assist the Assistant Manager, by the way someone the Assistant Manager doesn’t know. Hardly gives the Assistant Manager a chance. At the very least let the Assistant Manager bring someone in who he knows and trusts

If DC comes back great, Flickers goes back to his sound bites and building the club vision. If he doesn’t come back,Flickers goes back to his sound bites and building the club vision getting on the job of finding a new manager BUT if he’s not prepared to put his DOF duties on hold for 8 weeks  in these EXCEPTIONAL circumstances he’s the wrong DOF.

Currently we have no Manager or Captain and the Vice Captain on the bench. No leadership on or off the pitch( football side) and it shows badly.

Archived