onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Guest Vale at home
26 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

I raised this point months ago from an expenditure point of view and was told dont worry its Carols money she can afford it. My main point was DC and Flitters was too much for a League 2 side and money would be better spent on players.

At the time thought either DC or Flitters was a good managerial appointment, but not both.  Having said that and being as he is already at the club, am amazed Flitters has not stepped in to cover DC understandable absence. Im sure he has other work to do but with his management experience there is  nothing more important than points on the board at the moment.

Advert

14 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

I understand his wage demands may have been too high but we miss someone of his ilk massively. He could have been the difference in a game like the one today. 

We did the best we could to try and get himbut he chose the coin and lifestyle of Italy where he also isn't playing but we cant blame him for his choices

Thanks. Everything has gone flat at Vale again. I think we as supporters expected promotion this year  - and why not. I'm so disappointed, performances have not been good and not of a standard of a promotion side. There will be fall out from this probably running into early next season.

2 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

2 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

Guest Vale at home
Just now, Vale at home said:

Well said. I could not agree More . With you .    Something as to start getting a lot better on the on and off the field at port vale . WELL. DONE. to all the port vale fans that went to Colchester yesterday . It must be so upsetting and come away with the team playing   So badly And embarrassing.  As well  And No points at all ..    port vale have to start winning and soon .  

Guest Vale at home
7 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

7 minutes ago, pete vale said:

What's wrong with him? He was 'dropped' though wasm't he. I thought he was one of the better signings tbh.

Yeah massive improvement this season is. 

13th last season after that horrible start. Brilliant start this season and we now sit 10th. 

Same old issues as last year as well. Repetitive <ovf censored> formation week after week, loads of injuries, still a completely unbalanced squad. They moaned about us having loads of the same kind of player yet have done the exact same thing. Awful window last January, same this January. 

Guess it shows some vale fans ambitions though, to be happy that we’re not in a relegation battle in league 2. 

13th last season after that horrible start. Brilliant start this season and we now sit 10th. 
Same old issues as last year as well. Repetitive formation week after week, loads of injuries, still a completely unbalanced squad. They moaned about us having loads of the same kind of player yet have done the exact same thing. Awful window last January, same this January. 
Guess it shows some vale fans ambitions though, to be happy that we’re not in a relegation battle in league 2. 

It's nothing to do with ambition. We ALL want promotion, every season. That's everybody's ambition. The difference between posters like me and those like you is realism. You expect us to go from an absolutely dire squad to a promotion squad within 8 months. When it doesn't happen, you stamp and scream and throw your toys out of the pram. Most of us recognise the massive progress that has happened in such a short period of time. Yes, we're all disappointed not to be further up the table, particularly after how the season started. But most of us are sensible enough to realise the job that DC and DF had on their hands and are not throwing a tantrum because things haven't gone our way over the past few months. If you can't see the improvement all over the pitch then I fear you never will.

Next game I’d go for the following:
4-4-2
Stone
Smith-Hall-Jones-Benning
Worrall-Garrity-Charsley-Hurst
Wilson-Proctor
I thought Stone was really unlucky to be dropped first time, he was very good at Burton and I have seen absolutely nothing from Holy to suggest he is a better option.
Smith at right-back not ideal but don’t think we have a lot of alternatives.
Jones back in the middle, is far better with the ball than Smith.
Benning at left-back, it is his favoured position and he has more energy than Hussey.
Midfield two not exactly creative but should have energy, hence why creativity needs to come from wide areas.
Smith put of position, the same midfield 2 as yesterday and Hurst on the wing.
Shame there's so many coaches at the club, because you've clearly got a wasted talent...

5 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Smith put of position, the same midfield 2 as yesterday and Hurst on the wing.
Shame there's so many coaches at the club, because you've clearly got a wasted talent...

Because yesterday was such a success. So what’s your bright idea??

24 minutes ago, philmpv said:
34 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:
Same old issues as last year as well. Repetitive formation week after week, loads of injuries, still a completely unbalanced squad. They moaned about us having loads of the same kind of player yet have done the exact same thing. Awful window last January, same this January. 

It's nothing to do with ambition. We ALL want promotion, every season. That's everybody's ambition. The difference between posters like me and those like you is realism. You expect us to go from an absolutely dire squad to a promotion squad within 8 months. When it doesn't happen, you stamp and scream and throw your toys out of the pram. Most of us recognise the massive progress that has happened in such a short period of time. Yes, we're all disappointed not to be further up the table, particularly after how the season started. But most of us are sensible enough to realise the job that DC and DF had on their hands and are not throwing a tantrum because things haven't gone our way over the past few months. If you can't see the improvement all over the pitch then I fear you never will.

I’m not sure where the improvement on the pitch has been since Bradford? 

The issue is, we had such a strong start, we’re in a fantastic position, we needed to take that chance. Sign a proven striker in the window not some young lads. There’s no tantrum or stamping the floor… it’s the realisation that we are more than likely going to be stuck in this league for another season. A season which will be much more difficult than this season in terms of opposition. 

That’s what the club expected though? Not just fans? The aim this season before they kicked a ball was the play offs. If your happy with how we’ve been for a good few months then fair enough, however not everyone is. 

Feels like a wasted opportunity this season IMO and im sure Crosby said something of the nature yesterday? To make sure it isn’t a wasted opportunity. 

Im not demanding immediate success. I simply expect us to be able to do better than we have recently. To try different tactics, to put players in their correct position, to not sign players who have played 5 minutes of pro football before, to not play hoofball to Wilson ect. 

Archived