onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

No football manager and never will be but for what's its worth this is a team I'd be putting out for next two home games .

Stone (covalan ).

Walker   Hall Jones (if fit if not benning ).

Pett (captain )

Amoo      Charsley      Hussey 

Garrity 

Proctor Harratt .

That's the team I'd go with you must play Garrity as a attacking midfielder it's like a diamond out go all the uncomfortable on the ball players Walker can link with Amoo .

Garrity is our best bet for a big goal from midfield and I think dropping Pett in hindsight easier say after the game was a big mistake .

Charsley stays in he looks to me like someone who can play in tight areas and create something out of nothing if anything he had a lovely link up with Harratt but Harratt ran it out of play but I could see a little Ray of light there in what he can offer 

Beat Crawley the Mansfield game becomes humongous. 

Out go players who are plodding I'd swap Hussey out aswell if Hurst ready 

UTV

Calmed down now since that horror show yesterday. Worst performance of the season, everything about it was atrocious and not a single positive can be taken from game. 

Yes we have been unlucky with injuries. Why didn’t we sign someone to replace Conlon in January? Why not go and find a creative midfielder, isn’t that the job of the DOF? The football has been dire since since the Bradford game, dropping like a lead balloon. How many f in times, stop playing 3 at the back it’s infuriating. Every game we set up the same just waiting to concede. They were shocking yesterday and we were no better. I complained loads in the Jan window about our signings and got shot down. We had a shocking window and we’re seeing the dividends of that now. 

Never going to go up signing a load of young players on loan who have barely played any football. It’s straight out of the Michael Brown guide. Edmondson, Harratt, Holy, Robinson, Charsley why? What is the point? And don’t even get me started on cooper!!!! He’s the replacement for politic??? No chance we scouted him - he’s worse than hurst. 

Just wondering how DOF has improved us? Signings have been crap other than the odd player. Priorities all over the place in January, signing a third keeper, not signing any creativity not bringing in a decent forward ecttt  Alls I know flitcroft has been good for is firing people who have been at the club a long time. And isn’t liked, at all. His contract is up at the end of the year isn’t it? 100% don’t renew that. 

Theres no chance what so ever of us going up. We have to scrap this negative style, it’s horrible to watch, picks up no points. 3 wins in 10 against 3 truly dreadful sides ain’t good enough, and it Dosent suit any of the players.  All season worrall has been wasted at RWB. We have a lack of creativity because of the set up, yes we’re missing our two most creative players, but if set up with some kind of attacking approach that may help!!! 

Careful though, we can’t and shouldn’t criticise on here. It might hurt the players feelings…. Load of rubbish. We’re <ovf censored> same as every other season. 

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

There was a thread praising Flitcroft not so long ago. Just shows how fickle football is when performances and results don’t go our way. 

He needs to step up to the plate.

If he doesn’t we should 100% <ovf censored> him off at the end of season and get another DOF.

Is he full of bullshut or does he actually walk the walk?

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

There was a thread praising Flitcroft not so long ago. Just shows how fickle football is when performances and results don’t go our way. 

Sorry being so fickle. But fans can have different opinions. I never praised flitcroft. Our signings have been pretty average and very poor recently. I’ve heard what he’s like round the club and is a bit of a <ovf censored>. 

Sorry being so fickle. But fans can have different opinions. I never praised flitcroft. Our signings have been pretty average and very poor recently. I’ve heard what he’s like round the club and is a bit of a
Well if you've heard it, must be true

13 hours ago, PV1973 said:

How many coaches should there be at a league 2 club? 

I raised this point months ago from an expenditure point of view and was told dont worry its Carols money she can afford it. My main point was DC and Flitters was too much for a League 2 side and money would be better spent on players.

At the time thought either DC or Flitters was a good managerial appointment, but not both.  Having said that and being as he is already at the club, am amazed Flitters has not stepped in to cover DC understandable absence. Im sure he has other work to do but with his management experience there is  nothing more important than points on the board at the moment.

We lose and folk are pointing the finger at Flitcroft .

Edmondson has come in and scored 3 good goals .

Hall defensively very good .

Harratt not a bad player at all .

Hussey great on dead balls not sure he is up to it on general play though .

So that's who was brought in because of injuries and misfortune .

I'd like know what's up with Wilson personally as he is playing like he is not interested in fact if you look at our performancesl lately they have been boring and predictable .

There seems to be no spark and hasn't probably since second half v Brentford where there was loads of spark .

How do we get that spark back .

No idea but we have to look at other players in the squad for example if you look at Liverpool Chelsea etc there spark comes from there right back with there boundless desire to create .

Wheres ours 

Garrity mainly but what happens when he ain't at it who's going give us a spark then .

We need a leader and quick is there anyone in that dressing room who can get us going as we are as flat as .

It just shows how great a man manager DC is he got loads out the  group 

He needs to step up to the plate.
If he doesn’t we should 100% him off at the end of season and get another DOF.
Is he full of bullshut or does he actually walk the walk?
100%. After all, he's overseen probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest, squad overhaul in our history. The squad he's put together has gone from perennial genuine relegation contenders to one that sits 5 points outside the playoffs with 13 games to go, all whilst injuries to key players have massively impacted. What a f'in failure. Get rid and start again at the end of the season

I was surprised Flitcroft was not named manager but can see the logic of his DOF appointment. We can assume the club has 'stabilised' to a degree now so he shouldsstep-in and manage the team pushing towards the top 7.

My thoughts are still the same.

We looked certs until Proctor and Conlon went lame.

We do not have enough goals nor direct attacking creativity to warrant promotion, not by a long way.

Why have we got 3 keepers? Both the other two are better than Holy and what did Stone do wrong?

I'm sure Carol is as disappointed as us. I'm gutted for us all and her in particular.

We should be better, this is a 'poor' league on the whole.

A lot has gone against us unfortunately, does this warrant the poor displays since December, maybe?

Really disappointed as you could see massive improvement which has inevitably disappered. What is it with Vale after Christmas?

Where the f*ck is Dan Jones - he walks into this side.

14 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Wasted so much money on coaches. How many have we got. Probably got more staff than some premier league clubs.

The coaches tbf are looking at the long term future of the club,so for me that is certainly not the problem,its the getting the best out of the players which is currently affecting us along with this 3-4-3 system imo

Spot on.

Last year we had a completely different manager for half a season.

When the new manager did come in we improved.

This year has seen an improvement on and off the pitch. We have had some poor results yesterday being the worst. But we have a manager who’s not with us due to a tragedy and the injuries this year have been to our captain and best players

Gibbons, Wilson , proctor , conlon

Take those 4 out of any team and they would be looking at the bottom end of the table.

What the better squad has allowed us to do is still hang on in there

Was yesterday awful? Yep

Do I think we will make the play offs ?, not now gibbons and Conlon are out.

Is it down to commitment or poor management, ? I don’t think so . We just lack a bit of quality. Not sure why Wilson went off yesterday as most likely to come up with a bit of magic in an awful game if to criticise. But I don’t know how fit he is and if he’d taken a knock , the manager does.

Not happy clapping as I was swearing and kicking the dog as much as anyone yesterday.

Just not sure how much turning on individuals , assistant coaches doing their best helps ?

It’s the vale family when it suits and when we win a game ?

Be frustrated , but in a measured way.

1 minute ago, pete vale said:

I was surprised Flitcroft was not named manager but can see the logic of his DOF appointment. We can assume the club has 'stabilised' to a degree now so he shouldsstep-in and manage the team pushing towards the top 7.

My thoughts are still the same.

We looked certs until Proctor and Conlon went lame.

We do not have enough goals nor direct attacking creativity to warrant promotion, not by a long way.

Why have we got 3 keepers? Both the other two are better than Holy and what did Stone do wrong?

I'm sure Carol is as disappointed as us. I'm gutted for us all and her in particular.

We should be better, this is a 'poor' league on the whole.

A lot has gone against us unfortunately, does this warrant the poor displays since December, maybe?

Really disappointed as you could see massive improvement which has inevitably disappered. What is it with Vale after Christmas?

Where the f*ck is Dan Jones - he walks into this side.

Dan Jones is injured 

Archived