onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

This has been coming, lack of goals, how can anyone be surprised. Two youngsters signed in the window, surpless goalkeepers, two poor further signings of Cooper and Charsley and other players not replaced. It isn't just Conlon missing or Gibbons injuries we just don't look good enough. Where was Amoo? Played to their level today and deserved absolutely nothing.
To right vale@rocks but you have to trust the process !!.....Was that a practice game I watched today ??....Utter garbage too many players stealing a wage ATM!!

Advert

20 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Considering we were top three when I said things would go wrong, it isn’t as clear cut. 

Well done you. Typical moaning Vale fan, loves it when their negativity is proved right. 

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Forgot about Murray applying for the job,was his record much cop

Just over two years with Mansfield in League Two mid-table is his early 30s. Then a year in the National League North after making a poor decision to take the management job at Boston United. So some experience, certainly more than Crosby anyway.

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

This also doesn’t fix EITHER of the 2 problems you quoted which led to me asking the questions.

1. Too many injuries

2. Poor January.

Whats your solution to those?

Don’t sign players with questionable injury records and think a bit better about what type of players we need in January. Not rocket science. 

12 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Don’t sign players with questionable injury records and think a bit better about what type of players we need in January. Not rocket science. 

So as an owner you now recommend Carol get involved in signing players as well as telling the management team how to play?

And stop any contract offer that may be offered to Gibbo.

Gotcha

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

So you won't want Gibbons being offered a new contract this season?

He can be Lionel Messi but if he’s on the treatment table more than he’s on the football pitch then he ain’t much good to us is he?? 

He can be Lionel Messi but if he’s on the treatment table more than he’s on the football pitch then he ain’t much good to us is he?? 
Wow. Can you apply for the managers job next time it comes up. It's all so simple when you explain it. Win all 46? No problem

9 minutes ago, Davo666 said:
1 hour ago, vale@rocks said:
This has been coming, lack of goals, how can anyone be surprised. Two youngsters signed in the window, surpless goalkeepers, two poor further signings of Cooper and Charsley and other players not replaced. It isn't just Conlon missing or Gibbons injuries we just don't look good enough. Where was Amoo? Played to their level today and deserved absolutely nothing.

To right vale@rocks but you have to trust the process !!.....Was that a practice game I watched today ??....Utter garbage too many players stealing a wage ATM!!

That was as bad today as it was when Askey had lost the dressing room no fight no passion no quality players going through the motions hardly breaking sweat absolute garbage can’t wait for Saturday and Crawley should be a cracker Zzzzzzzzz

8 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Since our dizzy heights of second we lost both strikers, our midfield general, our best attacking full back and now the boss himself. You cannot legislate for such appalling bad luck, nor replace four quality players with someone else’s squad players. The momentum was taken out of our play and we have failed to reignite. Add to this losing  Politic’s game changing appearances, we are at best a mid table team. Mathematically we may still be able to have a chance of the play-offs but we are not the same team that got us where we are.

This. Add the long covid break too that seemed to halt our momentum as well. There’s no way you can predict that Conlon would do his Achilles or that Gibbo would get that freak injury at Harrogate. Both contenders for player of the season IMO. But what those 2 injuries have shown is that we dont have the same quality replacements to come in and do what they do. Throw in the fact that the influence of the manager has been lost too and it’s no wonder we’re struggling. But the only people who can get us back on track are the other 20+ players in the squad. They have to step up now and hide behind the excuse of missing our 2 best players and the manager as we enter the last quarter of the season. 

Not so long ago I’m sure our January window was being hailed as good business. A few iffy performances later and it’s being looked at  as a bad one. 

Also interesting to see the calls for a replacement (or temporary) manager to come in. This is a delicate situation and one we’ve never faced before, I’m not sure what we should do. I think that morally I’m on the side of keeping it as it is and seeing where the gaffers feelings lie come the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

So as an owner you now recommend Carol get involved in signing players as well as telling the management team how to play?

And stop any contact offer that may be offered to Gibbo.

Gotcha

See response below. To be honest, I don’t even know why I’m debating with you. We clearly so things differently. You are happy to accept mediocrity this season because ‘the garden is rosy’ off the pitch and success is bound to come. I get it. And I accept you are more patient than me. To be honest, as I’ve put elsewhere, I am a bit frustrated at repeating the same mistakes game after game, season after season and I felt we’d got the building blocks in place to have a proper go at this year. But the last dozen or so games (and yes, O know about off the field stuff etc) we have not have a go. We have basically been boring and defensive and yes, that does rankle with me.

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:
7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Wow. Can you apply for the managers job next time it comes up. It's all so simple when you explain it. Win all 46? No problem

Brilliant response. Not.

One of the worst matches of football I have seen in a long time. We have hit another new low. Not only was it freezing, the atmosphere was like a funeral with Colchester barely having 2k of fans, with Vale doing nothing to encourage our lot. Grey, damp and miserable. 

First half we did absolutely nothing and I mean nothing. Numerous tedious midfield tussles ending with numerous throws and stoppages from a petty ref. Only point of note was a terrible strike from Hussey which went over by miles. 

2nd half was looking as bad with Wilson thankfully being subbed as he didn’t look bothered all game. It was a terrible spectacle for fans as Colchester were as bad, but got a goal after Holy allowed them to hold him back without him making a fuss until the goal went in. 

Overall forget the playoffs, even if by some miracle we got to them, we won’t win them and added to that if we got to League 1 this side or any of the players currently in it would see a season of depressing struggle. 

You can’t scapegoat individuals anymore. Everyone was collectively dreadful today. Like the last days of Askey or even Aspin. 

Archived