onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just dire from Vale, I desperately want Vale out of this division but with the current midfield and tactics it's unlikely to happen. Colchester were there for the taking today but Vale were just too woeful to take advantage. Been saying for ages this current  Vale midfield is not good enough and unbalanced without Conlon and/or Taylor.

Advert

Just now, osprey said:

Is it me but do you think we over analyse the opposition ?

why don't we just go out and play 

Exactly this. Obviously have an awareness of threats, but there’s no need to plan every fine detail. Let them worry about us; Crosby keeps saying that’s what they do, but in reality we set up to nullify the opposition rather than impose ourselves. We do it every game and it’s not working. We won’t lose many or concede many, but it’s irrelevant if teams above are winning.

3 minutes ago, 1 said:

With due respect swapping the keeper is one thing. Establishing a creative midfield, threatening attacking line and preventing recurring injuries is quite a different quandary.

Agree with this but I would add play with no intensity and you’re going to struggle in games.

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I think garrity is a big problem when it comes to our creativity his passing is atrocious 

It's not his game, he was playing as the holding midfielder with Charsley in front of him.  Why not play Walker/Pett who have games and Garrity further forward.  Poor management as far as I'm concerned, bringing players in without match fitness and square pegs in round holes.

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Agree with this but I would add play with no intensity and you’re going to struggle in games.

Add playing square pegs in round holes when perfectly good round pegs are there to be used. 

24 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

We have seemingly lost virtually all of our creativity since Conlon's been ouit--surely I'm not the only one who thinks that?

It isn't just Conlon BB it's Jake Taylor also, John Askey would most likely have got Vale into the play-offs in 2019/20 with a midfield of Taylor/Juke Joyce/Conlon or Burgess. Cruel to be robbed of both Conlon and Tyalor at the same time.

10 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

So, a couple of observations….

1) Last year there was criticism of us being wedded to 433. This year it’s 3 at the back. We literally do not change tactics.

2) Last year there was criticism about the amount of injuries. This year they’ve been even worse.

3) Last year (and certainly the year before) there was criticism about the number of late goals we conceded that cost us (ultimately valuable) points. This year it’s been much, much worse. Would love to know many points we’d conceded in the last 5 minutes of games this year.

4) Last year our business in January was poor. This year it’s been worse.

The ‘happy clappers’ can perceive this as criticism if they want to I really don’t care, but this is the reality. We are repeating the same mistakes over and over and over and I think fans have a right to call it out.

So what would you do about it if you were Carol. What’s your big call to fix it?

47 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Do one of your 'I told you so' flounce/ dummy-spitting posts again, it was really funny last time.

Can’t be bothered, I’m sick of getting it right every season. Keeps happening. I predict it will go wrong, I get stick, and then it goes wrong.

Wish I could look silly and it all go the opposite way. 

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

So what would you do about it if you were Carol. What’s your big call to fix it?

Murray as interim manager

Crosby reverts to his assistant manager role.

At this stage it’s throwing things up in the air and seeing how they land, but it’s a last throw of the dice to save our season. Our direction of travel indicates we aren’t troubling the play offs if things stay as they are.

Archived