onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just now, Hoppers said:

AC doesn't want to be where he is, and would probably admit himself this is why he is a coach

To be honest its not down just to AC. If the players cannot pass to each other or make movement to receive the ball - they are footballers apparently, they shouldn't have to be told what the basics are. 

Advert

Just now, Platty's Tassels said:

Sorry, but that was atrocious. I get posters trying to be positive and all that, but seriously we look nothing like a promotion team at all. Terrible game by two terrible teams. We look a million miles away from where we need to be following that bilge.

Most posters will try and find the positive.  We are now beginning to look more like a side that should actually be at the other end of the league.  Thank goodness we got enough points in the first half of the season.  

The sad thing is we know the team can play better and that is what hurts most for the fans.  We will get the usual from the after match from Crosby and co.  Just play the same after match talk from the previous games.  "We will go and look at the match.  We will all learn from this after watching the game on monday and work on it during the week for the next match".  

2 minutes ago, vale@rocks said:

This has been coming, lack of goals, how can anyone be surprised. Two youngsters signed in the window, surpless goalkeepers, two poor further signings of Cooper and Charsley and other players not replaced. It isn't just Conlon missing or Gibbons injuries we just don't look good enough. Where was Amoo? Played to their level today and deserved absolutely nothing.

Is Amoo another injury?

We have quality players but why why why does he play 3 4 3.....it doesn't work. It creates nothing. We lose midfield. The strikers need to work together and when they are 3 up front they are too far apart.

Wrong team selection today!! Needed 3 in midfield, one of which should have been Walker. How does Cooper get a shirt??

This loss may give them a kick up the back side they need.

7 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Don't tell me doing to much in the dojo and picked up a back injury.  🤔

Not sure getting Lucas back is the answer.  We have to improve all over the pitch and show some creativity and wanting to win the game.  It seems we just going through the motions now and can't wait for the season to be over.  

This season started off so promising and we saw Vale play awesome football.  Now it is poor from the players.

This season started off so promising and we saw Vale play awesome football.  Now it is poor from the players. - yes - this is part of the problem, we have all built our hopes up so much, it is resulting in utter dismay now 

Happy clapper alert now - iv just looked at the table without thinking about the quality of performances, and pre season, I would have taken our position at this point in time

How can the team perform like that agaibst easiest opposition they will face for rest of season. Knowing a win would have boded well for automatic promotion they respond like this. Put Murray in charge of team. Disgraceful performance and result. If Lucas injured, get Stone back in. 

Let’s hope today was a low point performance wise.  The formation doesn’t appear to suit us but worse for me is that the players don’t seem to have the required desire or passion to push us into the playoffs.  We look so slow and ponderous with and without the ball.  It was like watching a friendly today.

5 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Most posters will try and find the positive.  We are now beginning to look more like a side that should actually be at the other end of the league.  Thank goodness we got enough points in the first half of the season.  

The sad thing is we know the team can play better and that is what hurts most for the fans.  We will get the usual from the after match from Crosby and co.  Just play the same after match talk from the previous games.  "We will go and look at the match.  We will all learn from this after watching the game on monday and work on it during the week for the next match".  

I don’t think anyone can find positives today.

5 minutes ago, osprey said:

To be honest its not down just to AC. If the players cannot pass to each other or make movement to receive the ball - they are footballers apparently, they shouldn't have to be told what the basics are. 

Fair point as well, i cant argue with that mate - how hard can it be to kick a ball 20 feet to another person dressed in black 🙂

So, a couple of observations….

1) Last year there was criticism of us being wedded to 433. This year it’s 3 at the back. We literally do not change tactics.

2) Last year there was criticism about the amount of injuries. This year they’ve been even worse.

3) Last year (and certainly the year before) there was criticism about the number of late goals we conceded that cost us (ultimately valuable) points. This year it’s been much, much worse. Would love to know many points we’d conceded in the last 5 minutes of games this year.

4) Last year our business in January was poor. This year it’s been worse.

The ‘happy clappers’ can perceive this as criticism if they want to I really don’t care, but this is the reality. We are repeating the same mistakes over and over and over and I think fans have a right to call it out.

I feel frustrated, disappointed and angry mainly because this season should have yielded so much more. Play offs should have been a minimum.

We have the chairman, the management set up and I thought that we actually had a decent team. We were flying high. I’ll say it again, if you told me in October that in March we’d be 10th and 5 points off the play offs I would have never believed you. Whatever has happened since the end of November onwards has completely derailed us. 

It’s as if misery, failure and disappointment follows this football club. The drop off has been nothing short of abysmal and a total failure.

I fully accept that we are experiencing difficult circumstances presently with the situation with DC. He has my upmost sympathy. We’ve also had terrible luck with injuries. However, I cannot refrain from criticism and feeling frustrated. 

With due respect swapping the keeper is one thing. Establishing a creative midfield, threatening attacking line and preventing recurring injuries is quite a different quandary.

Archived