onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Gutted after that. Awful pitch and two teams playing awful football. Not sure what the answer is. I doubt 3-5-2 would serve us much better to be honest. 

I think Worrall’s best years are behind him, never looked like beating his man. Wilson offers very little on poor pitches. Hussey is too slow to rely on him to be creative as a wing back. 

Think we have to accept the club is a work in progress and build again next season. I’m sure we’ll get there under Carol. 

We have to beat all the teams around us now, which I don’t think we have the quality to do. You never know though. Still something to play for at least. 

Didn't go today but I'm so, so frustrated! Seems like we now have only 1 game plan and that is to try and hold onto a draw until the final stages of a game and then hope we can actually conjure up a goal.  Realistically we are killing any "good feelings " we all had earlier in the season. Carol etc have worked so hard to improve everything about the Club but we are seriously now looking very much like an ordinary mid table team on the pitch. Frustrated, fed up, disillusioned and yet again looking forward to next season to see if we can escape this shyite division.

Season is probably over with that today.

We have to be the most dominant side you’ll see who don’t actually create anything with it! They were camped in their final third for all bar the corner the last half hour and we still managed to lose it.

It’s an embarrassing result but like Rochdale A, Oldham A for example we’ve contrived to lose points to awful sides in games we’ve been far the better side in.

No idea why we are playing 3-4-3 all the time but it isn’t working and today it’s become clear that we are desperately missing DC.

9 minutes ago, Alkie said:

Five points adrift of the play offs and two of the teams above us have a game in hand. If the squander them like we have then it’s still a tall order when we are only creating one or two ‘on target’ chances in 90 minutes.    

We're 'throwing away' our games in hand.  It's not games in hand that count,but points on the board and in the last 10 matches, although only losing one of these, has only added 15 points out of a possible 30--that's not promotion form! Bring back Conlon asap.

We had so much of the ball in that second half but we were lacking quality in the final third and frankly we were clearly missing conlon and gibbo, but no one stepped up or we don’t have the same quality replacements. Was Hussey injured, if not Benning coming on for him says a lot about his performance today . The crosses coming in were poor, the link up play in and around the box was non existent. But we had 2 moments were we could have done something, Harratt should 100% have dangled a leg up to try and win a pen when their lad dived in on him and secondly Proctors chance is the one we were waiting for and possibly should have done better. It’s slim pickings I know. Defending for the goal was poor, they created nothing and withstood the pressure to hang on and nick  something. We dominated but just didn’t do enough with the ball to deserve anything out of it. 

5 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

lucas injured (back problem)!😒

Don't tell me doing to much in the dojo and picked up a back injury.  🤔

Not sure getting Lucas back is the answer.  We have to improve all over the pitch and show some creativity and wanting to win the game.  It seems we just going through the motions now and can't wait for the season to be over.  

This season started off so promising and we saw Vale play awesome football.  Now it is poor from the players.

That was way short of what every fan expects, especially with so much at stake. We were devoid of quality and frustratingly in the three games after the Tranmere match we could see we were heading in this direction. 
There were a few on this forum at the beginning of the season asking where the goals we’re going to come from and I’m beginning to ask those same questions myself. 
Players whom we would normally look to, to bring quality, for example Worrrall and Proctor were nowhere near good enough today.

We all knew what was going to happen with their one attack, we’d already written the script. 
Was there a positive? Probably not, apart from Garrity and even some of his passes were wayward.

Ive got to believe there is a team in there somewhere, but until we find someone who can actually boss a game I think the season will fizzle out, in fact it may already have done.

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

We're 'throwing away' our games in hand.  It's not games in hand that count,but points on the board and in the last 10 matches, although only losing one of these, has only added 15 points out of a possible 30--that's not promotion form! Bring back Conlon asap.

This conlon must be one hell of a player because he’s going to transform this bang average team into promotion contenders in fairness if we played Phil Foden a don’t think he could

Archived