onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

When we are in the mire blame Holy, is it his fault that we have no creativity in midfield, that we are light up front. And what about the other defenders who gave him a free header

It’s up to Holy to boss the defence. 
as a protected player he should have come out and punched it clear. Clatter anyone, even our defence if necessary. 
there seems no determination throughout the team. It’s not all Holly’s fault but he should have at least moved and made it difficult for the opposing players. 

Advert

Just now, WV said:

Not sure I agree. Sure, our form isn’t great although only one loss in 9 we have had worse form. I do like to look for positives and we need to improve but this season is far from over and if we do improve then we have improved on the pitch too. Let’s see where we finish I am still hopeful more than confident but saying season over and pathetic is just reactionary and I hope the players don’t have the same attitude

Draws aren’t enough at this point, so the unbeaten run is irrelevant. If we go unbeaten till the end of the season but draw every game that would be a horrendous points return.

Today summary.  We came, we whimpered and did nothing to try and win the game.

Colchester - we didn't really have to try too hard.  We know Vale will pay their usual formation and it doesn't work.  We will get a corner during the 90 minutes and their players are rubbish at marking from corners and we will no doubt score.

Sorry but for me mid table now or even lower.  We are drawing or loosing games against the lower sides because we have no creativity and no idea how to play in this current formation.  Even the management fall into this category.  

<ovf censored> shambles. Sick of getting shot down. ‘Back the lads’ ect. Since the Jan signings we’ve been <ovf censored>. <ovf censored> signings that have taken us backwards. Can’t wait for another season in this league. <ovf censored> sick of it. Same old <ovf censored> vale. 

10 minutes ago, WV said:

Last time I looked we were not that far off the playoffs with games in hand

we have 4 home games coming up in next 6  

season over? Get a grip 

Yes and three of them are Mansfield, Exeter & Sutton. A point against these three would have been fine if we had not thrown 7 points away against Rochdale, Harrogate & Colchester.

3 minutes ago, WV said:

How are we going backwards? Are we talking season to season or week to week here? Based on last few years we certainly aren’t going backwards 

So you think we’re going forwards.? This season we will finish higher than last season. We haven’t played that well since the season under Askey when we were 8th and the season was abandoned. We played well at the beginning of the season and had some of the worst luck ever with not just injuries but long term to key players.The quality of football since Burton away with the exception of Carlisle has been absolutely atrocious yet we have to accept the same old rubbish week in week out. It’s not entertaining. I’m not one for making huge changes to the squad every summer because that is not the answer to having a settled team who understand each other and know where a player wants the ball to be played. We look like a team of strangers who are going through the motions. They’re already on the beach.

Archived