onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Well that's 45 minutes of my life I'll ever get back......what a truly awful game.....saw better games at Blythe Matthey behind Cobridge Stadium!

No threat from us at all but that happens when you can't find a team mate with a pass! We look so lethargic too.....I'm all for keeping the ball but this constant sidewards and backwards stuff ending in a hit and hope forward is doing my head in!

Second half WILL be better......he says through gritted teeth....

Advert

Turgid, drab horrible rubbish.......from both sides, as mentioned already you wouldn't know which side is at the top or bottom. We continue to pass it sideways at the back, it goes to Smith and he either goes backwards or doesn't know what to do with it. SHOCKING stuff for a play off chasing team. Let's hope for a better second half

It’s quite concerning how bad we’ve become. 
Why are we persisting with Edmonson and Cooper as wide forwards? 
No. It's concerning how bad we were for the past 5 seasons. Even when we're not quite at it this season, we still look miles better than last season. We don't even look like conceding, so just need to up the ante a little in the final third and we'll win this. Hussey and Worrall do need to improve their crossing though, a lot, second half. Both have been shocking so far in that regard.

5 minutes ago, osprey said:

we play like we are trying to avoid relegation rather than trying for promotion 

We play like we’re trying to extend the unbeaten run.We’ve done it before and drab draws extend it. Come the end of the season when it’s too late we’ll reflect and say if we’d have sneaked a win here or there we’d have been in the play offs. Hardly seems any determination to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Annoying 

Dire game and for Vale no midfield for a team chasing the play-offs.

No Conlon and Taylor 'cause of injuries but IMHO both should start when fit and should have started from the first game of the season.

Vale need a bit of magic or a mistake to win this game.

5 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

If you play 3 centre backs it’s ESSENTIAL that 1 if not 2 are good with the ball. Hall and Smith have had all of the ball and done nothing with it. It’s the same every week. 

Hall is one of the best ball playing defenders we have seen in years - I agree on Smithie though

Just now, Hoppers said:

Hall is one of the best ball playing midfielders we have seen in years - I agree on Smithie though

He’s better than Smith at it I agree, although he’s not as good as Jones on the ball.

It’s no criticism of Hall, it’s a criticism of the formation. Hall has been brilliant for us. 

Archived