onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Jones i think is injured. Gibbo has never been tried at CB so would be wild to throw him in there. Holy would be my third choice at the minute, bomb scare with the ball at his feet, slow getting down with low shots, kicks fly straight to the opposition goalie 9 times out of 10, not commanding his area well enough from crosses and corners. Lucas would be my first choice but looks as if the management team are over him.

Sure gibbons played there against Rochdale in the EFL cup. 

Advert

Find a system to score more than once in all remaining games .

Sat I'd go with fitness permitting .

Covalan 

Smith Hall Jones 

Gibbons Garrity Charsley Worrall 

Wilson 

Edmondson Proctor .

Something like that .

Jones offers way more than just being a defender he seemed to me when playing aid us to do more going forwards quicker and better .

This is not having a go at Hussey and Pett just feel like we need a injection in there roles and give them a rest in the meantime .

UTV 

41 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Swear he played at RCB in the Salford home game. Linked up really well with Worrall if I remember rightly. Not saying I’d do it but if he did his ability to advance the ball would be a bonus.

Think you’re right. Didn’t we get an injury that meant gibbo went lwb and hussey went to lch? Totally derailed the good opening to the game. 

On 02/03/2022 at 04:44, Fosse69 said:

Not essential but 3 points are required to lift our spirits. Colchester 6 games without a win, not that we have been prolific recently. Can we afford to rest Gibbons to avoid too much strain on him before the key games?  Amoo to make an appearance? Fancy a 4 -1 win for the Vale, so 4 points on the road this week to go down well with the oysters.

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

If Gibbo's fit Fosse I'd be tempted to start him and take him off when we get in front, same with Worrall. Let's get the best players on the pitch, get in front and assess from there. All the games are important at the mo IMHO.

Enjoy the oysters, if you know where to go over here you can get 'em for a buck a shuck, go the wrong place and you literally get shucked!!

5 hours ago, ramsgate valiant said:

Match tickets have arrived & been printed off.

Lucky you. I am in email conversation which the ticket office while they try to explain why they have taken the cash out of my account but not sent me tickets. If I don’t get them tomorrow morning I shall be visiting the Col U ticket office with a large pointy object. 

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Lucky you. I am in email conversation which the ticket office while they try to explain why they have taken the cash out of my account but not sent me tickets. If I don’t get them tomorrow morning I shall be visiting the Col U ticket office with a large pointy object. 

Only just got my link to print them off an hour ago, despite buying them originally over a week ago. 

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

No way to describe Eddie!

There's no way Edmondson doesn't play, but I would just play Wilson and Proctor together and add Charsley to the midfield, 352 with Walker still in the back 3. He has been ok, just was soooo cumbersome on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

With the exception of the keeper, I think that's the team we'll start with. 

Its a good line up, but would definitely keep Walker instead of Martin - it was scary how they carved us like butter early in the second half - good job they counldnt shoot straight. This is not a knock at Aaron Martin as I like him, but purely that Walker has been part of a defence that has not leaked many goals since he has been in. I alos would like to see Lucas being given another chance - theres a knats d*ck worth of difference between any of our keepers

With the exception of the keeper, I think that's the team we'll start with. 
If it is, I hope Wilson and Edmondson aren't pushed out wide again. AC seems to love 343, despite the 3412 working so well against Carlisle. Amazed we haven't played it since

2 hours ago, 1 said:

There's no way Edmondson doesn't play, but I would just play Wilson and Proctor together and add Charsley to the midfield, 352 with Walker still in the back 3. He has been ok, just was soooo cumbersome on Tuesday.

I noticed their forwards kept leaning into walkers back whenever he went to head the ball, but for me, he just isn't strong enough or seems to relish the battle in that part of the pitch. That's why I think Smith is much better in that role. If smith does move across, who do you then put in at RCB.

I'd prefer to see Proctor and Wilson closer together in a front two - which is what Dazzler started with and said he always likes two up top

Archived