onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Not essential but 3 points are required to lift our spirits. Colchester 6 games without a win, not that we have been prolific recently. Can we afford to rest Gibbons to avoid too much strain on him before the key games?  Amoo to make an appearance? Fancy a 4 -1 win for the Vale, so 4 points on the road this week to go down well with the oysters.

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

Advert

We keep saying 3pts are not ‘essential’ but with tougher games ( at least on paper) coming up this has to be a game to win to a team that are struggling. 
I think we really need to win this one and get some upward momentum rather than drawing and hovering outside the playoffs 

No less than 3 points should be deemed acceptable. Fail to win this game and I think you can kiss goodbye to our play-off chances. But whatever happens from now until the end of the season, we desperately need some pace in the team and especially up front in the summer. I can't believe for a moment that Clarke and Crosby don't also see this.

6 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Not essential but 3 points are required to lift our spirits. Colchester 6 games without a win, not that we have been prolific recently. Can we afford to rest Gibbons to avoid too much strain on him before the key games?  Amoo to make an appearance? Fancy a 4 -1 win for the Vale, so 4 points on the road this week to go down well with the oysters.

Having seen the way he limped off I assume we'll have no choice for a while. But then I thought the same about Worrall after Saturday, so what do I know?...

5 hours ago, Beech said:

No less than 3 points should be deemed acceptable. Fail to win this game and I think you can kiss goodbye to our play-off chances. But whatever happens from now until the end of the season, we desperately need some pace in the team and especially up front in the summer. I can't believe for a moment that Clarke and Crosby don't also see this.

Pace frightens the hell out of league 2 defenders. Vincent wasn't brilliant he was very up and down but his pace terrorised teams. 

That's the missing ingredient,  tempo. There is no doubting we don't move the ball quickly enough. I'd say it's safe, laborious, ponderous. 

It's not a criticism it's a fact. That's what I'm seeing unfold when I'm watching .

For me and I've been lucky enough to only miss Scunthorpe away and Newport away all season the best quick passing football we've played was Sutton where at 2-0 up we were sensational. 

Ultimately we lost but I do think personally the shackles need to come off a touch. It's a fine balance between gung ho and recklessness , look at Leeds but we've already proved that there is nobody to be afraid of . 

Let's put Colchester to the sword and Crawley and then the huge games come one after the other. No fear, go for the throat. 

8 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I don’t think gibbo would have needed resting, that was until he got that heavy challenge late in the game last night and the way he limped out of it. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see him missing this weekend. 

Would love to see a back 4 as I have wanted all season. But I’ll settle for 352 not 343. If Jones is fit he needs to play at the back so we have someone to carry the ball out. Walker back into midfield and let Garrity get right up front. I’d start Amoo, didn’t think Cooper was too bad last night but I’d start Amoo over him (if Proctor is good to go he starts)

9 hours ago, Beech said:

but this is clarkes team ! so he does know this 

My team would be

Stone

Gibbo Smith Hall Hussey

Walker

Garrity Pett

Wilson

Edmonson Proctor 

Diamond 4 in the middle - Walker sitting would allow the full backs to bomb on.

Just now, saintvaliant said:

My team would be

Stone

Gibbo Smith Hall Hussey

Walker

Garrity Pett

Wilson

Edmonson Proctor 

Diamond 4 in the middle - Walker sitting would allow the full backs to bomb on. Wilson at 10 would let him play in the space behind the front two where he looks to be at his best. Decent size front two offers an aerial threat to feed off supply from the full backs.

18 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Has anyone received their tickets from Colchester yet after ordering online??

No and the whole permit system seems daft to me. You buy a ticket, but don’t get a seat, but they e-mail you on the day telling you where to sit? 

Like you, I was hoping for a simple confirmation but instead we get this…

Prior to each game we will determine whether we can allocate a seat based on the current guidelines in force at that time. To access your permit we will contact via email to allow you to confirm and download the ticket.

We will request that the permit holder confirms a declaration of health as well as confirms they accept the Stadium Code of Conduct.

If the same email is used on multiple permits then the receiver of the email will be confirming the declaration of health and acceptance of the Stadium Code of Conduct on behalf of all permit holders

For a club that barely gets 2k gates in a 10k ground, this is frankly a joke! 

No and the whole permit system seems daft to me. You buy a ticket, but don’t get a seat, but they e-mail you on the day telling you where to sit? 

Like you, I was hoping for a simple confirmation but instead we get this…
Prior to each game we will determine whether we can allocate a seat based on the current guidelines in force at that time. To access your permit we will contact via email to allow you to confirm and download the ticket.

We will request that the permit holder confirms a declaration of health as well as confirms they accept the Stadium Code of Conduct.

If the same email is used on multiple permits then the receiver of the email will be confirming the declaration of health and acceptance of the Stadium Code of Conduct on behalf of all permit holders
For a club that barely gets 2k gates in a 10k ground, this is frankly a joke! 

Seems barmy now considering the Covid Rules in England have ended! Still acting like it’s when the tiers system was in and teams could have 2000 fans or whatever it was in November 2020!

Archived