onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Before the unbeaten run

DazFred

We were 3 points off the playoffs.

10 behind Tranmere in 2nd with 2 games in hand,8 behind Sutton with 2 games in hand 

Now we are 3 points off the playoffs.

7 behind Northampton with 2 games in hand,6 behind Tranmere with 2 games in hand.

A superior goal difference too.

Our manager has been away for the last 4 games.

I don't care how we've played but the fact is we are closer to promotion than we were before the unbeaten run.

Advert

I can't quote every team! I'm just pointing out that we are still in with a shout. There's always one team that comes with a run...it was Bolton last year.

Exeter play Mansfield on Friday.

I can't abide all this negativeness.

I think we are doing amazingly well considering what has happened with our manager. It must affect the players...

4 of the next 6 are at home including Mansfield, Exeter and Sutton.

Those 3 games could define our chances as after then we'll be down to 8 games left.

7 points from 9 against the 3 rivals and we are well in the mix. 

We are a very difficult side to beat, it's just whether we can find that missing X Factor to win a tight game .

We’re doing ok as you say in the difficult circumstances. Just extremely frustrating not be being able to beat sides like Rochdale and Harrogate. We would be ready up there had we beaten them. We do still have two games in hand yes, but so Exeter and Mansfield have games in hand on us. As above we play these shortly and those games will define the season imo. It’s not the time to be resting Proctor though - would have been an asset last night for half an hour 2nd half. Game was won Saturday, no idea why we didn’t just sub him early then. We’re still in the mix for play offs but I do think all these draws / throwing points away at the end of games will stop us getting automatic 

It's too late now but I think a fit Politic would have won us a few more points.

If Conlon can get fit,maybe he can contribute. We seem to persist with 3 CBs and this affects the midfield...we sit too deep. Wozza is ineffective as a WM whereas Gibbo is fantastic. The Harrogate goal was similar to ones we were scoring in October/November...lots of passing and moving. Recently we are very route one...pump it long and hope. I think Gibbo has set up our last 4 goals...it shouldn't be down to him.

A win on Saturday will put us right in there

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We’re doing ok as you say in the difficult circumstances. Just extremely frustrating not be being able to beat sides like Rochdale and Harrogate. We would be ready up there had we beaten them. We do still have two games in hand yes, but so Exeter and Mansfield have games in hand on us. As above we play these shortly and those games will define the season imo. It’s not the time to be resting Proctor though - would have been an asset last night for half an hour 2nd half. Game was won Saturday, no idea why we didn’t just sub him early then. We’re still in the mix for play offs but I do think all these draws / throwing points away at the end of games will stop us getting automatic 

Totally agree proctor should have been on the bench and brought on for the last 30mns along with Amoo can’t understand his reluctance to bring on Amoo the two of them could have won us the game 

Totally agree proctor should have been on the bench and brought on for the last 30mns along with Amoo can’t understand his reluctance to bring on Amoo the two of them could have won us the game 
When did Amoo coming on last win us the game or make a difference to the result? Orient at home? Amoo is earning a hell of a reputation as a game changer the more he doesn't play!

Just now, philmpv said:
6 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

When did Amoo coming on last win us the game or make a difference to the result? Orient at home? Amoo is earning a hell of a reputation as a game changer the more he doesn't play!

As are a number of others. It's the Oyeleke Syndrome. Taylor must be nailed on as player of the season...

14 minutes ago, DazFred said:

It's too late now but I think a fit Politic would have won us a few more points.

If Conlon can get fit,maybe he can contribute. We seem to persist with 3 CBs and this affects the midfield...we sit too deep. Wozza is ineffective as a WM whereas Gibbo is fantastic. The Harrogate goal was similar to ones we were scoring in October/November...lots of passing and moving. Recently we are very route one...pump it long and hope. I think Gibbo has set up our last 4 goals...it shouldn't be down to him.

A win on Saturday will put us right in there

“Tom is not at the stage that he would like to be at, and not at the stage that we wanted him to be at.

“It is taking a little bit longer than we all hoped but he has to think and be clear in his own mind that he can’t get from where he is to suddenly being 100 per cent fit in one day.

“So, he has to work through the process. In anything there are going to be setbacks and it is how he reacts to them.

“But he was on the gantry on Tuesday night at Rochdale and you could hear him commentating half way through the game.

“We are trying to utilise him as well. Every single person, whether they are playing or not, is important. They have a role. We are utilising Tom in a different way.

“He is getting closer but he is not ready yet.”

That is from Crosby press conference last Friday. Reading between the lines Conlon is a bit off yet. The problem is with games thick and fast he could still miss maybe another 6,7,8 games . Fingers crossed he's back quicker. 

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Carlisle he got the 3rd 3 weeks ago to kill off any last minute comeback, he also set up 2 glorious chances last week at Rochdale for Worrall and Wilson. 

Carlisle he got the 3rd 3 weeks ago to kill off any last minute comeback, he also set up 2 glorious chances last week at Rochdale for Worrall and Wilson. 
Neither made any difference to the result, strictly speaking, which was kind of my point

Archived