Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

Posted (edited)

right. What is this tactic. Wilson up top. Lump it to him. He falls over. They win the ball. Repeat. What muppet thought that tactic would ever work. Get it down ffs 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 3

Advert:

Harrogate commentator sounds Frank Gallacher from shameless. 

Absolutely hate these games. Boring lump it forward for 90 minutes from the big CB. Feels and looks like an Aspin tactic.

Crying out for Worrall, Conlon or even a politic at this stage 

Posted (edited)

Dire. No pace about the side. Hoofing it forwards. Only gibbons and hussey look like they want to try and get it down. Lumping the ball up to Wilson and cooper is about as dinosaur as it gets. Change it at half time go with a back 4 and try to score a goal. Other than hussey and gibbons who have been ok I think they’ve all been rubbish. Front line offers absolutely nothing. First time we’ve look shaky at the back so we need to attack a bit. I won’t hold my breath though. 

Edited by valiant_593

Really poor. Midfield two of Garrity and Pett does not work, simple as. No creativity whatsoever. Walker great at passing out as a centre half, <ovf censored> at actually defending. I don’t understand why we abandoned the 352. It’s far better than this pile of bilge. It would also be nice if we could have a goalkeeper who could make a save, though maybe that is asking for too much.

Having said that. They’ve done naf all and don’t deserve to be winning. 

Advert:

We wouldn't have scored their goal.....why can't we attack with pace like that? It is beyond me because pace in any game at any level frightens defenders to death but we continue to play at such a slow pace they can see it all in front of them......hope we can change second half but I somehow don't see it.

• Like 3

No doubt we will come out for the 2nd half and play the same tactics till the 75th minute then he will change the formation and freshen it up.

Come on Vale in the 2nd half.  Be more attack minded and take your options.  Less lump the ball up to the front players, there by missing our midfield out totally most of the time.

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

The balls coming straight back too easily from the front 3. We haven’t got gibbo in the game enough, when we have he’s looked to play and get us into good positions. But that partnership with cooper understandably isn’t the same as him and Worrall. The same goes for Hussey on the other side, he’s trying to play triangles get us going down that side too. There’s a huge gap between their left back and centre half because he’s following gibbo and only once has someone made a run into it (smith), can’t help but think someone like cass would have a field day going into that area. 

Edited by PV1973