• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Proctor injured according to RS. 

That's an absolute disaster. Our decision to sign two inexperienced youngsters to supplement two injury prone forwards was a very poor decision. Neither Proctor or Wilson have managed 30 league games in 5 years. This isn't a shock. 

We're not going up with Wilson, Harratt, and Edmonson.

Edited by Joe B

Posted (edited)

Looks like we are going 343.

I would love another 2 nil bore fest and 3 points.

I don’t know what Amoo has to do to get a start in this formation.

I hope Cooper finally catches fire tonight and make this message look really silly😁

Edited by MBE

Advert:

We might win tonight and some will arrive decrying this disappointment. The issue remains that our only experienced 'out and out striker' cannot stay fit. We struggle to score as it is. 

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

That's an absolute disaster. Our decision to sign two inexperienced youngsters to supplement two injury prone forwards was a very poor decision. Neither Proctor or Wilson have managed 30 league games in 5 years. This isn't a shock. 

Yes it’s a fair comment….. but in sports there’s always a chance someone can step up…. Just can’t see who in terms of goals in our team… looks like launching into my second whisky of the night already and all that’s happened is that I ve seen the team news 

utv

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Don’t know that injury prone players ain’t going suddenly play 30/35 games a season and we sign two young lads as back up 

Advert:

Maybe it’s a good thing we have tightened up defensively… we aren’t going to  get many games where we score more than 1 if Proctor is out for a few games…. Up to the youngsters up front to work with Wilson and do us and their future careers some good !

utv

• Like 1

let's hope they do step up. Proctor's hold up play is unmatched by any other player at the club, I don't know if it's just me but I feel all the other forwards at the club have a tendency to get bullied up front. Hopefully the goal Edmondson scored on Saturday will be a springboard for greater things.

I believe we can do it. Come on boys.

• Like 1

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We might win tonight and some will arrive decrying this disappointment. The issue remains that our only experienced 'out and out striker' cannot stay fit. We struggle to score as it is. 

Love the positivity 

• Like 2

Joel Cooper playing is a big mistake IMO. This has 0-0 written all over it I think, but I hope I'm wrong and we score first. Come on Vale I've had a <ovf censored> day please change the mood of the day for me.

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Jesus. I thought kick off wasn't until 7.45. Sounds like I've missed the game, and a heavy defeat to nil at that.

That’s the spirit… agreed 37 minutes before kick off and we are still in it !

• Like 2