Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

I was with a couple of neutrals last night and they couldn't believe how big we were compared to Harrogate. We really should've taken advantage of that superiority more than we did but too often the final ball was lacking quality.

Unpopular opinion but Pett was our weak link last night and I thought was at fault for their goal. I'd be moving Walker into the middle for him with Garrity and sticking Martin (or preferably Hussey) in at LCB - with Gibbo and Wozza at WBs. 

Seen one or two negative comments about Cooper, but he was a bright spark and caused them loads of trouble especially in the 2nd half. Only frustration was his rush of blood to the head when he was presented with a great opportunity in the 2nd half and perhaps one or two of his final balls lacked quality. But in a period where we are lacking guile, he certainly has a trick or two that could open up defences.

One final point - would've liked to have seen Harratt off the bench last night but I suspect a (forced?) change at CB at HT left us with less wriggle room and Charsley and Wozza were safer options given the circumstances. Edmo scored and occupied their defence fairly well but was flagging badly (as many were) towards the end and would've been nice to give them something different to think about.

Frustrating to come away with only a point but 2-7 are up for grabs and we're one of the teams in the mix. I wouldn't rule anything out yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


5 hours ago, SFBT said:

He was at the game though...

I'm also intrigued by the notion of resting him after a full 90 minutes on Saturday. On the surface, it seems most logical to have brought him off early on Saturday when we were two up. I keep hearing that it's a squad game with replacements available to slot in...

That’s how I saw it. I was shouting to sub him in Saturday.

Poor management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good to see that Darrell’s message of…

Stick Together, Stay Strong, Believe

… has landed well with portions the ovf brigade. 
 

If EVER we needed everyone at the club to pull together, stop sniping when things aren’t the way you would have done things and just bring a positive supportive view to the place… it’s now.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Not watching, actually supporting. 

" Supporting" .......Thats the key word, with the unlucky injuries we have had, the postponed games we had and the obvious unfortunate loss of the manager have all contributed to a frustrating period.

Losing the gaffer has hit us hard, very hard, it must have changed the dynamic around the place, I felt last night he would have changed it around, the changes we did make were like for like that is not a criticism of Andy Crosby, he's a good coach, but it's though we have a new manager and starting again, I'm sure DC would have changed formation and asked more questions.

DC has issued a rallying call to the supporters and as Tony Boult used to say "Were all Vale aren't we ? " 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackdog said:

" Supporting" .......Thats the key word, with the unlucky injuries we have had, the postponed games we had and the obvious unfortunate loss of the manager have all contributed to a frustrating period.

Losing the gaffer has hit us hard, very hard, it must have changed the dynamic around the place, I felt last night he would have changed it around, the changes we did make were like for like that is not a criticism of Andy Crosby, he's a good coach, but it's though we have a new manager and starting again, I'm sure DC would have changed formation and asked more questions.

DC has issued a rallying call to the supporters and as Tony Boult used to say "Were all Vale aren't we ? " 

 

 

 

Well said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Posted (edited)

This is a football forum discussing the game so it’s entirely possible to express, anger,disappointment,despair at performance or a defeat yet still support, shout and sing as loud as possible for players during matches.

I know it’s a difficult concept for some to comprehend.

 

Edited by MBE
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

This is a football forum discussing the game so it’s entirely possible to express, anger,disappointment,despair at performance or a defeat yet still support, shout and sing as loud as possible for players during matches.

I know it’s a difficult concept for some to comprehend.

 

It's not difficult for me to comprehend, it's the failure of some to see the bigger picture I fail to see.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What can I say Harrogate Town is the worst football club in the whole football league !

My mistake for not looking though the whole of there website when it clearly says on the ticket section that you can purchase match day tickets from there club shop up until kick off ?

I arrived there at 7:15pm after over 2 hours driving there from work to be told that away tickets can’t be bought on the day of the game ??? 

After searching through there website I found it says in small print that you can’t buy them on the day as an away supporter, but it never says that match day tickets on the day are only available to home supporters ?

Basically I got told to go home by the arsehole steward when it could have been solved by giving them the match day ticket money and just let ONE FAN in on his own ???

Im sorry but me in that situation would let the supporter into the ground and actually do a good deed for a change.

Anyhow I found a lovely tree at the back of the home end and climbed about 30ft up and could see virtually the whole pitch, please don’t come with the old be careful or that’s stupid because I’m a good climber as I do this regularly when I go fishing. 
 

This was going great and I managed to see the vale equaliser as I couldn’t contain myself from cheering…. YES GET IN THERE… but I was then spotted by an absolute melt of a steward who decided to get the police to come and see me !

Thank you to the police for being understanding and they didn’t really care but I had to obviously climb out of the tree because as they put it for my own safety, no arrest was made as I was polite and they all said it’s an absolute joke how you can’t buy a ticket on the day of the game even though it wasn’t sold out !

Never a full moment being a Vale fan is it so I managed to see from 10mins till 70mins at least before the drive home, the night was worthwhile I felt and personally we were the better side again, hopefully we get three points Saturday and this time I’m making sure I’ve always purchased a ticket before hand lol 😂 

UTV…… Ben from praise and grumble 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

What can I say Harrogate Town is the worst football club in the whole football league !

My mistake for not looking though the whole of there website when it clearly says on the ticket section that you can purchase match day tickets from there club shop up until kick off ?

I arrived there at 7:15pm after over 2 hours driving there from work to be told that away tickets can’t be bought on the day of the game ??? 

After searching through there website I found it says in small print that you can’t buy them on the day as an away supporter, but it never says that match day tickets on the day are only available to home supporters ?

Basically I got told to go home by the arsehole steward when it could have been solved by giving them the match day ticket money and just let ONE FAN in on his own ???

Im sorry but me in that situation would let the supporter into the ground and actually do a good deed for a change.

Anyhow I found a lovely tree at the back of the home end and climbed about 30ft up and could see virtually the whole pitch, please don’t come with the old be careful or that’s stupid because I’m a good climber as I do this regularly when I go fishing. 
 

This was going great and I managed to see the vale equaliser as I couldn’t contain myself from cheering…. YES GET IN THERE… but I was then spotted by an absolute melt of a steward who decided to get the police to come and see me !

Thank you to the police for being understanding and they didn’t really care but I had to obviously climb out of the tree because as they put it for my own safety, no arrest was made as I was polite and they all said it’s an absolute joke how you can’t buy a ticket on the day of the game even though it wasn’t sold out !

Never a full moment being a Vale fan is it so I managed to see from 10mins till 70mins at least before the drive home, the night was worthwhile I felt and personally we were the better side again, hopefully we get three points Saturday and this time I’m making sure I’ve always purchased a ticket before hand lol 😂 

UTV…… Ben from praise and grumble 

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

What can I say Harrogate Town is the worst football club in the whole football league !

My mistake for not looking though the whole of there website when it clearly says on the ticket section that you can purchase match day tickets from there club shop up until kick off ?

I arrived there at 7:15pm after over 2 hours driving there from work to be told that away tickets can’t be bought on the day of the game ??? 

After searching through there website I found it says in small print that you can’t buy them on the day as an away supporter, but it never says that match day tickets on the day are only available to home supporters ?

Basically I got told to go home by the arsehole steward when it could have been solved by giving them the match day ticket money and just let ONE FAN in on his own ???

Im sorry but me in that situation would let the supporter into the ground and actually do a good deed for a change.

Anyhow I found a lovely tree at the back of the home end and climbed about 30ft up and could see virtually the whole pitch, please don’t come with the old be careful or that’s stupid because I’m a good climber as I do this regularly when I go fishing. 
 

This was going great and I managed to see the vale equaliser as I couldn’t contain myself from cheering…. YES GET IN THERE… but I was then spotted by an absolute melt of a steward who decided to get the police to come and see me !

Thank you to the police for being understanding and they didn’t really care but I had to obviously climb out of the tree because as they put it for my own safety, no arrest was made as I was polite and they all said it’s an absolute joke how you can’t buy a ticket on the day of the game even though it wasn’t sold out !

Never a full moment being a Vale fan is it so I managed to see from 10mins till 70mins at least before the drive home, the night was worthwhile I felt and personally we were the better side again, hopefully we get three points Saturday and this time I’m making sure I’ve always purchased a ticket before hand lol 😂 

UTV…… Ben from praise and grumble 

This is outstanding. I don't know if I would have been as committed as you to climb up a tree 30ft, even if I'd have driven for 4 hours. 

Never really understood the idea behind not allowing supporters to buy before kick off when its clear the stand isn't going to sell out. Just turning away good money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


47 minutes ago, MBE said:

This is a football forum discussing the game so it’s entirely possible to express, anger,disappointment,despair at performance or a defeat yet still support, shout and sing as loud as possible for players during matches.

I know it’s a difficult concept for some to comprehend.

 

Defend the right for people to say what they want… but also the right to point it out as short termist and overly negative if that’s what you think it is 👍

UTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

What can I say Harrogate Town is the worst football club in the whole football league !

My mistake for not looking though the whole of there website when it clearly says on the ticket section that you can purchase match day tickets from there club shop up until kick off ?

I arrived there at 7:15pm after over 2 hours driving there from work to be told that away tickets can’t be bought on the day of the game ??? 

After searching through there website I found it says in small print that you can’t buy them on the day as an away supporter, but it never says that match day tickets on the day are only available to home supporters ?

Basically I got told to go home by the arsehole steward when it could have been solved by giving them the match day ticket money and just let ONE FAN in on his own ???

Im sorry but me in that situation would let the supporter into the ground and actually do a good deed for a change.

Anyhow I found a lovely tree at the back of the home end and climbed about 30ft up and could see virtually the whole pitch, please don’t come with the old be careful or that’s stupid because I’m a good climber as I do this regularly when I go fishing. 
 

This was going great and I managed to see the vale equaliser as I couldn’t contain myself from cheering…. YES GET IN THERE… but I was then spotted by an absolute melt of a steward who decided to get the police to come and see me !

Thank you to the police for being understanding and they didn’t really care but I had to obviously climb out of the tree because as they put it for my own safety, no arrest was made as I was polite and they all said it’s an absolute joke how you can’t buy a ticket on the day of the game even though it wasn’t sold out !

Never a full moment being a Vale fan is it so I managed to see from 10mins till 70mins at least before the drive home, the night was worthwhile I felt and personally we were the better side again, hopefully we get three points Saturday and this time I’m making sure I’ve always purchased a ticket before hand lol 😂 

UTV…… Ben from praise and grumble 

This is brilliant Ben. You’re a legend!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MBE said:

This is a football forum discussing the game so it’s entirely possible to express, anger,disappointment,despair at performance or a defeat yet still support, shout and sing as loud as possible for players during matches.

I know it’s a difficult concept for some to comprehend.

 

We’ll said MBE 🤙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

🤣

💪😎️ Super Vale away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This is brilliant Ben. You’re a legend!!

Thanks Jacko just didn’t want miss the match after the drive on my own 😂🙌 Very interesting night indeed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


34 minutes ago, Rocky said:

This is outstanding. I don't know if I would have been as committed as you to climb up a tree 30ft, even if I'd have driven for 4 hours. 

Never really understood the idea behind not allowing supporters to buy before kick off when its clear the stand isn't going to sell out. Just turning away good money.

Yeah I’m certainly not right in the head I think but at least I got to see most of the game. It was a great experience relaxing in the tree watching the football and one story I will remember for the grandkids in the future 😂😂

On to Colchester Saturday and this time with ticket in hand 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is outstanding. I don't know if I would have been as committed as you to climb up a tree 30ft, even if I'd have driven for 4 hours. 

Never really understood the idea behind not allowing supporters to buy before kick off when its clear the stand isn't going to sell out. Just turning away good money.
Judgement is needed. Single or a small number of fans should not be a problem, but a large number is a different matter maybe could cause problems. Don't ask how many is a large number as I don't know the size of the away area. Most of my away games I watched from home areas as I considered it safer than leaving an away area on my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Beech said:

Northampton and Tranmere have been low scorers all season, but they both have the best defensive record. Forest Green have been in dodgy form of late, winning only one of their last 5 games. Our overall record for goals scored is fine, but that's because of the performances earlier on in the season when we were actually creating bundles of chances every game. That team and this one of the last 6, 7 or 8 weeks is like night and day.

The team from earlier in the season is like night and day.

Change at GK...Hall in for Jones,no Cass,no Politic,Conlon in and out,2 young loan forwards.

Only players consistently picked are Smith,Pett and Garrity and possibly Wozza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...