• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

17 minutes ago, Row L said:

I'm not sure why we have stopped doing that because when we have used it (FGR) we have battered teams. We are getting tothe time in the season where we need to go for broke and win games ... win one, loose one is a better return that drawing both

How dare you not say that the performance wasn't anything but wonderful and scintilating. Who the <ovf censored> do you think you are?

Advert:

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Yes and we are scoring a similar amount of goals as the teams above us so how does that make sense 

No point knocking when nobody is home. We'll agree to disagree. But the fact is we have drawn 5 of the last 7 games, and in the last 10 games we've not scored more than one goal 8 times. If you think that's promotion form then knock yourself out.

21 minutes ago, Row L said:

I didn't think it was an all round bad performance - we were definitely the better side for 80% of the game, but I felt that we slowed it down too much and needed to get the forward passes off sooner. After Hussey and Pett went off, we seemed to start to be ore adventurous in our approach, move the ball faster and look to get behind them ... much like the start of the season with a higher press. I'm not sure why we have stopped doing that because when we have used it (FGR) we have battered teams. We are getting tothe time in the season where we need to go for broke and win games ... win one, loose one is a better return that drawing both

Win one and lose one your right is better than drawing both. However winning one and drawing one is better than what youve suggested 🤣

1 minute ago, Beech said:

No point knocking when nobody is home. We'll agree to disagree. But the fact is we have drawn 5 of the last 7 games, and in the last 10 games we've not scored more than one goal 8 times. If you think that's promotion form then knock yourself out.

I must be looking at the wrong table im seeing us 6 points behind the last automatic place with 2 games in hand 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I must be looking at the wrong table im seeing us 6 points behind the last automatic place with 2 games in hand 

And if we draw both of those games, which are the most likely results all things considered, we'll be 4 points behind.

Advert:

Just now, Beech said:

And if we draw both of those games, which are the most likely results all things considered, we'll be 4 points behind.

Even if we did draw both i would take being 4 points off autos at this time of the season

• Like 1

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Even if we did draw both i would take being 4 points off autos at this time of the season

I have no problem with that. But in my opinion we should be performing better and picking up more points than we currently are, and have been for a number of weeks.

4 hours ago, Osh said:

I disagree. Proctor is an excellent player and an animal to play against. He'd be my first name on the team sheet.

BUT he's just coming back from injury. Players do get injured. 

When fit, as we've all seen, he's a killer against other teams. 

BUT, again, he - like Wilson, will need time to get fully match fit. 

Yeah he’s great. I completely agree. Think he’s brill for this level and would do a job in the league above. However he ain’t championship quality and his past record supports that. He’s class for us though and for me, him Conlon and gibbons are first names on the team sheet 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Exactly, Im not going to read through all these posts but it appears plenty of head wobbeling going on as much as on Face Ache. 42 points still to play for, at worse play offs but I hope automatic. Keep the faith and get behind the team in what has been the most difficult of times due to unforseen cercumstances out of the clubs control that I have witnessed in all the years i have been going.

27 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Other teams also have games in hand. Exeter and Mansfield both above us both have games in hand on us. We’re still in an ok position and should still make play offs hopefully but dropping points in games we should be winning is frustrating. Put it anyway you want but 6 draws in 9 isn’t promotion form. I’ll take where we are now but we do need to start winning games. Massive few games coming up soon, Sutton, Exeter and Mansfield. That will decide our season. If we can get 5/6/7 points from that 3 I think we have a good chance. 

Advert:

53 minutes ago, Beech said:

I'm not having you messaging me elsewhere, Daniel-San. I don't even find you amusing as I did. You can barely put a sentence together in English without me feeling like I should be getting paid for reading through your nonsense.

Now go and "Wax on, wax off" somewhere and stop trolling, you helmet.

There is a simple way of proving your point… post the messages if they exist. He’s even asked you to.

If they don’t then you have made them up and thats low.

If they do he will look the fool and it will prove your point.

Either way it will put an end to this back and forth. 👍

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, the state of this thread. We don't have our manager and we're still on an unbeaten run, which is pretty impressive.

Beyond that, the goalkeeper isn't the issue. He's conceded 4 goals in 8 games, 3 clean sheets. The issue is that we're not scoring enough goals, that's why we draw too many games.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

There is a simple way of proving your point… post the messages if they exist. He’s even asked you to.

< EDIT>

16 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

<Edit>

Posted (edited)

Very poor first half and a much improved second. Walker cant play CB and didn’t win a single header and the defending for their goal was laughable. Second half was much better and that was a lot to do with the subs. Martin played it on the deck which helped when he came on and Worrall and Cooper combined well. Wison was far too isolated and pumping it up to him is completely pointless. IMO the 3-4-3 doesn’t suit us at all and we could have played without a midfield for the first half as they were just being bypassed with a combination of sloppy passing and hoofing it up to the front 3. Harrogate wanted it more. They pressed and just generally worked harder than we did. A point was probably fair but I didn’t think we played well. 

Positives - Hall is a good defender and Coopers second half. 

Negatives - The goalkeeper is a walking disaster and Gibbos potential injury

Edited by Jgpvfc

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

Very poor first half and a much improved second. Walker cant play CB and didn’t win a single header and the defending for their goal was laughable. Second half was much better and that was a lot to do with the subs. Martin played it on the deck which helped when he came on and Worrall and Cooper combined well. Wison was far too isolated and pumping it up to him is completely pointless. IMO the 3-4-3 doesn’t suit us at all and we could have played without a midfield for the first half as they were just being bypassed with a combination of sloppy passing and hoofing it up to the front 3. Harrogate wanted it more. They pressed and just generally worked harder than we did. A point was probably fair but I didn’t think we played well. 

Positives - Hall is a good defender and Coopers second half. 

Negatives - The goalkeeper is a walking disaster and Gibbos potential injury

I do think we should move Walker back to midfield.

He got a bit of stick for getting yellow cards for professional fouls when it was clear there was a break on… 2 of those against Rochdale and Harrogate and we wound be 2 points if the automatic places today.

1 hour ago, Beech said:

We had more of the ball but what did we actually create yet again? Not a lot. We still looked a slow and pedestrian team, albeit workmanlike and organised as usual. If that's us really going for it you're clearly watching a different team to the one I am.

Not watching, actually supporting. 

• Like 1