onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Dire. No pace about the side. Hoofing it forwards. Only gibbons and hussey look like they want to try and get it down. Lumping the ball up to Wilson and cooper is about as dinosaur as it gets. Change it at half time go with a back 4 and try to score a goal. Other than hussey and gibbons who have been ok I think they’ve all been rubbish. Front line offers absolutely nothing. First time we’ve look shaky at the back so we need to attack a bit. I won’t hold my breath though. 

Really poor. Midfield two of Garrity and Pett does not work, simple as. No creativity whatsoever. Walker great at passing out as a centre half, <ovf censored> at actually defending. I don’t understand why we abandoned the 352. It’s far better than this pile of bilge. It would also be nice if we could have a goalkeeper who could make a save, though maybe that is asking for too much.

Having said that. They’ve done naf all and don’t deserve to be winning. 

We wouldn't have scored their goal.....why can't we attack with pace like that? It is beyond me because pace in any game at any level frightens defenders to death but we continue to play at such a slow pace they can see it all in front of them......hope we can change second half but I somehow don't see it.

No doubt we will come out for the 2nd half and play the same tactics till the 75th minute then he will change the formation and freshen it up.

Come on Vale in the 2nd half.  Be more attack minded and take your options.  Less lump the ball up to the front players, there by missing our midfield out totally most of the time.

The balls coming straight back too easily from the front 3. We haven’t got gibbo in the game enough, when we have he’s looked to play and get us into good positions. But that partnership with cooper understandably isn’t the same as him and Worrall. The same goes for Hussey on the other side, he’s trying to play triangles get us going down that side too. There’s a huge gap between their left back and centre half because he’s following gibbo and only once has someone made a run into it (smith), can’t help but think someone like cass would have a field day going into that area. 

Well that was not great. Same goal conceded like Rochdale. We cannot change the players (oh for Naylor and Foyle Type) but we have to more attacking, it just seems so pedestrian, we dont run the channels or even mix it up. 3 @ the back keep getting in each others way. I never type at half time so 2-1 Vale. Seen it all before so dont get down. To Rob sorry for your loss.

More of the same old <ovf censored>, slow play ball In the corner.

Why have we not tried to attack the right side when the wing back is booked after 10 mins?

Honestly I would have hooked Edmondson after 20 mins.Keadt said the better about his performance.

Get Amoo on FFS take people on move them out of position. 

Mate at the game says "Still a very winnable game, don't deserve to be behind. Very good playing surface". I'm pleased at his last statement because we need a good surface to pass the ball through midfield quickly to get in behind them.  I'm sure there will be lots of that in the second half once Andy Crosby has checked on here to see how we should play, and told the team.  UTV.

Archived