Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Well that was not great. Same goal conceded like Rochdale. We cannot change the players (oh for Naylor and Foyle Type) but we have to more attacking, it just seems so pedestrian, we dont run the channels or even mix it up. 3 @ the back keep getting in each others way. I never type at half time so 2-1 Vale. Seen it all before so dont get down. To Rob sorry for your loss.

Advert:

More of the same old <ovf censored>, slow play ball In the corner.

Why have we not tried to attack the right side when the wing back is booked after 10 mins?

Honestly I would have hooked Edmondson after 20 mins.Keadt said the better about his performance.

Get Amoo on FFS take people on move them out of position. 

• Like 1

Mate at the game says "Still a very winnable game, don't deserve to be behind. Very good playing surface". I'm pleased at his last statement because we need a good surface to pass the ball through midfield quickly to get in behind them.  I'm sure there will be lots of that in the second half once Andy Crosby has checked on here to see how we should play, and told the team.  UTV.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lornelounger said:

Mate at the game says "Still a very winnable game, don't deserve to be behind. Very good playing surface". I'm pleased at his last statement because we need a good surface to pass the ball through midfield quickly to get in behind them.  I'm sure there will be lots of that in the second half once Andy Crosby has checked on here to see how we should play, and told the team.  UTV.

Surface looks quite bouncy 

Just now, MBE said:

Why have we not tried to attack the right side when the wing back is booked after 10 mins?

Agreed. When we’ve got him we’ve created something and looked dangerous. Can’t believe how many hoof balls are just being lumped on to their right back and centre half from us, was that our tactic from the off? 

Advert:

Vale's central midfield are non existent from an attacking, creativity point of view, forwards are feeding off scraps. Can't get Conlon and Taylor back quick enough. 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Agreed. When we’ve got him we’ve created something and looked dangerous. Can’t believe how many hoof balls are just being lumped on to their right back and centre half from us, was that our tactic from the off? 

It’s been the tactic since we came back from covid. I don’t like it but kind of get it when proctor is fit. But when we’ve got small players who are technically decent it just makes no sense 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Pointless tactics at minute… in every sense of the word.

We are desperate for some pace in this side.

Advert:

Walker off and Martin on.

More lump football then. 

Come on Vale please attack with a bit of pace and play the ball around and most importantly put more of your chances away.

Advert:

Why not bring Charsley on and go to a back 4???? Nah we’ve looked so threatening with a back 3/5 I’m sure Martin will really improve our attacking play with his range of hoofing the ball. Must be playing for set plays. That’s all I can think of