onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

52 minutes ago, ginge said:

I believe Carol has more sense than to come on here. Overall we have made progress and had some bad luck. We are still in the chance of play offs and need to get behind the team. I think it is fair to say that the goalkeeper is no better than the other two and that maybe we would be better changing to 4 at the back with the players available, but let's not be too critical as we are having a solid season overall- especially considering where we we were not so long ago. 

Nobody is being critical. But remember we’re talking about getting a decent side together in L2 not winning the Champions League.

Last Saturday was a classic example of L2. A really poor quality game, poor football from both sides and the two genuine bits of quality - the ball in for the first and Gibbon’s cross for the second - have basically won us the game.

The last promotion season we started it off in administration, we set out of tactics to play to our strengths, everybody pulling in the same direction and bosh…. promotion. And you’d hardly have described Tom Pope as a prolific, lethal L2 striker at this level.

Look at Swindon at the start of this season. They didn’t even know if they’d still be in business let alone have enough players to fill the team sheet yet, amazingly, they are above us in the league and played us off the park in one recent game. 

C&K have done amazing work and it would be impossible for us to find better owners than them. Likewise - despite the best efforts of some on here to make something out of nothing earlier - nobody is being critical of DC and are completely respectful of everything that has gone on for him personally (for which he has my deepest, deepest sympathy) and also professionally in terms of injuries, and would be delighted to see him back in the dugout.

That does not however mean people haven’t got to express opinions if performances and/or tactics and/or results and/or table placings are disappointing on a so-called fans forum without being labelled ‘whingers‘, ‘moaners’ or basically saboteurs of everything C&K are trying to do.

When we have now got a more stable environment, and have invested heavily in ‘infrastructure’ like a DoF, multiple coaches, performance analysts and the like plus have again had a good start so expectations will be higher.

Some posters on here seem to think that because we’ve had a season on which relegation has never been an issue that that somehow that constitutes success. Fine if you’re a Crawley, Harrogate, Stevenage (no disrespect) but there’s a lot on here who want a bit more than that.

Advert

14 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Nobody is being critical. But remember we’re talking about getting a decent side together in L2 not winning the Champions League.

Last Saturday was a classic example of L2. A really poor quality game, poor football from both sides and the two genuine bits of quality - the ball in for the first and Gibbon’s cross for the second - have basically won us the game.

The last promotion season we started it off in administration, we set out of tactics to play to our strengths, everybody pulling in the same direction and bosh…. promotion. And you’d hardly have described Tom Pope as a prolific, lethal L2 striker at this level.

Look at Swindon at the start of this season. They didn’t even know if they’d still be in business let alone have enough players to fill the team sheet yet, amazingly, they are above us in the league and played us off the park in one recent game. 

C&K have done amazing work and it would be impossible for us to find better owners than them. Likewise - despite the best efforts of some on here to make something out of nothing earlier - nobody is being critical of DC and are completely respectful of everything that has gone on for him personally (for which he has my deepest, deepest sympathy) and also professionally in terms of injuries, and would be delighted to see him back in the dugout.

That does not however mean people haven’t got to express opinions if performances and/or tactics and/or results and/or table placings are disappointing on a so-called fans forum without being labelled ‘whingers‘, ‘moaners’ or basically saboteurs of everything C&K are trying to do.

When we have now got a more stable environment, and have invested heavily in ‘infrastructure’ like a DoF, multiple coaches, performance analysts and the like plus have again had a good start so expectations will be higher.

Some posters on here seem to think that because we’ve had a season on which relegation has never been an issue that that somehow that constitutes success. Fine if you’re a Crawley, Harrogate, Stevenage (no disrespect) but there’s a lot on here who want a bit more than that.

A excellent post BPV really well put , 

41 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Bang on the money. 

I don’t think any level headed Vale fan is against criticism per se, quite often it is how the criticism is presented that gets peoples backs up.

We’re often presented with “season over” or “absolute garbage” and these are just examples of the mild ones. 
I know players probably wouldn’t read a fans forum but it makes me shudder to think if they did. 
I think it is always wise to treat people how you would like to be treated yourself.

it might be a little more palatable if the language was more constructive and less emotive. I honestly believe that the positive posters on here are no less disappointed when we fall short than the authors of the caustic diatribes. 
It’s nothing to do with being a happy clapper, it’s about presenting sensible reasoned and constructive dialogue. As our club does still have a chance of the playoffs, do we believe positivity is the best fuel to add to the fire or a damp dose of “That’s the season over”?

I do wonder if I’ve watched a different game to most on here. Disappointing draw, yeah, disappointing performance no. Keeps the unbeaten run going, plenty of interesting games to happen this season that gives us more than enough chance to make it.
Why just give up on the season? May aswell stay in on a Saturday and just toss it off then? Why post on here at all if people rate the season is over?
I think even the more positive people on here are being drowned out by the moaners (which actually reflects with the booing in the stands on Saturday with being 2-0 up) constantly clogging up threads with hindsight tactics, what could have been subs, acute man management styles they would have employed, or just having a vent basically. Best of all this usually happens during the game or 2-3 hours in the immediate aftermath.
I wanted to say in the past moaning/bitching/slagging is a generational thing, but it’s more certain posters wanting to be ‘seen’ as having managerial acumen at league 2 level when realistically they are a fan, or a keyboard warrior.
How some of our fans really begrudge getting behind the team is mind blowing.
We berated the Walsall forum for the state of that after multiple losses. This forum looks a bit like that right now - on a 8 game unbeaten run streak still well within the play off mix with 2 games in hand on some teams. 
I would say to the cup half full people that your support is what the team needs, the toughest part of the season without a manager. We are not happy clappers, we just want Vale to do well - and think in the circumstances, they are.
And yes, I know this is a ‘Football Forum’ and yes, I know what an ‘Opinion’ is - get that in before someone gets in a condescending jibe and calls me a happy clapper (again) 🥱

The amount of likes shows that most vale fans are looking to get behind the team.

What I wouldn’t stand for is a vale team not putting 100 % effort in, or miss management of players and the club .

This isn’t the case and I genuinely believe that minus all the injuries we would be in the top 5

Yes we have the majority of players back, but many aren’t fully fit and we are lacking that rhythm.

Even so the pride is there , the togetherness is there and that’s enough for me. The first season other then the covid cancelled season , where we aren’t in a relegation scrap. I look at the likes of bury , Stockport, notts county, Wrexham.

These clubs like it or lump it are the same size as us and look where they have ended up; down and in Bury’s case..out.

I’m thankful we have good owners, league status and we are in the mix for promotion.

FFS!!!!! Some of you start off in a negative mode because you don't like one of the players; you don't like our tactics; you don't like having a decent management / coaching setup; you don't like the colour of the strip; you don't like the pitch; you don't like the weather; don't like the food or warm beer...or no beer! You don't like the travel; you don't like the walk; parking isn't close enough or is too costly; you don't like how many fans  the opposition bring; you don't like the PA system or the commentators on iFollow! You really shouldn't be following PVFC! For your health, if nothing else!

I wrote recently that The Senile's live blog on a match day was more objective, less whingy and seemed to be fairer than the baboons on here! Sky Sports yesterday said we were by far the better team - and I don't doubt that...they have no agenda and no axe to grind - unlike some of the usual suspects. Correct me if I'm wrong - weren't Harrogate and Leyton Orient above us, at one time? They've suffered the kind of meltdown that other teams haven't yet, although FGR are showing signs of it, and even Swinedon Newport and Tranmere are becoming inconsistent. Other teams will, too! We've hopefully had ours - nobody else could have survived the injuries we had and the disruption we've suffered due to Covid and weather cancellations. You all know this, yet expect us to have carried on as if nothing happened! No other team has had this degree of disruption, yet kept up with the pack! Stop <ovf censored> whinging and get a positive mentality - to still be in touch, and possibly get into the automatic spots - after what we've been through is not much short of amazing - and, no, Mr Walker - I'm not virtue-signalling!!!!

12 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Is that the young kid we shouldn't of signed? who has 3 in 6(3) when we should of splashed out for Hemmings who has 2 in 10?

I personally think Edmondson is doing well for us and was unlucky to get one disallowed last night

Yep thats the one - rubbish strike ratio, one every two games - get rid 🤣

7 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

I don’t think any level headed Vale fan is against criticism per se, quite often it is how the criticism is presented that gets peoples backs up.

We’re often presented with “season over” or “absolute garbage” and these are just examples of the mild ones. 
I know players probably wouldn’t read a fans forum but it makes me shudder to think if they did. 
I think it is always wise to treat people how you would like to be treated yourself.

it might be a little more palatable if the language was more constructive and less emotive. I honestly believe that the positive posters on here are no less disappointed when we fall short than the authors of the caustic diatribes. 
It’s nothing to do with being a happy clapper, it’s about presenting sensible reasoned and constructive dialogue. As our club does still have a chance of the playoffs, do we believe positivity is the best fuel to add to the fire or a damp dose of “That’s the season over”?

Great post 

6 hours ago, dazzerjames said:

The amount of likes shows that most vale fans are looking to get behind the team.

What I wouldn’t stand for is a vale team not putting 100 % effort in, or miss management of players and the club .

This isn’t the case and I genuinely believe that minus all the injuries we would be in the top 5

Yes we have the majority of players back, but many aren’t fully fit and we are lacking that rhythm.

Even so the pride is there , the togetherness is there and that’s enough for me. The first season other then the covid cancelled season , where we aren’t in a relegation scrap. I look at the likes of bury , Stockport, notts county, Wrexham.

These clubs like it or lump it are the same size as us and look where they have ended up; down and in Bury’s case..out.

I’m thankful we have good owners, league status and we are in the mix for promotion.

Yes good point - I tend to look at the likes for certain posts rather than some of the replies - the genuine doom mongers only actually make up a smallish percentage - its just that they make a lot of noise - the empty can rattles the most as me old pappy used to say. 

Before the season, most level headed supporters would have been really excited to think we would be play off contenders. 

6 hours ago, LancyTony said:

FFS!!!!! Some of you start off in a negative mode because you don't like one of the players; you don't like our tactics; you don't like having a decent management / coaching setup; you don't like the colour of the strip; you don't like the pitch; you don't like the weather; don't like the food or warm beer...or no beer! You don't like the travel; you don't like the walk; parking isn't close enough or is too costly; you don't like how many fans  the opposition bring; you don't like the PA system or the commentators on iFollow! You really shouldn't be following PVFC! For your health, if nothing else!

NICE

7 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

Great post 

9 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

Bang on the money 

We are on 50 points second placed team are on 56 points there's everything to play for ,it's well doable I do not think we should not  leave it too late before we throw the kitchen sink at the opposition gamely .

Three points now or none .

It's time go for it .

Can we do it .

Yes of course we can and if we do not so be it was not meant to be if that's the case. 

Time to start playing like we want it badly .

I do not know quite what we are getting at present we either get a gallant draw  or lose a lead to something where we lack concentration at crucial times. 

This one goal gamely has to improve so in order score more we have to try different formations till we find one what helps us score aplenty .

UTV 

Archived