onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I know it was earlier in the season but we beat FGR and Swindon. Didn't lose to FGR or Tranmere,lost late on at Sutton when we should have won.

I think the key games at home versus Mansfield,Bristol,Sutton,Newport and Exeter will be make or break.

Yeah the fixtures list is looking a bit bleak if our current performances levels continue. I expect us to beat ColU, but Crawley arent on a bad run including beating FGR recently, Mansfield are absolutely flying and Bradford will be a month into the Hughes revolution so who knows. Looking further ahead, of the last 10 games, 5 games against teams above us currently, Salford who are right behind us and Oldham who are having a renaissance under Shez. Walsall Hartlepool and Barrow very winnable on paper.

Then again, any game is winnable on the day as we saw at FGR as you say.

Advert

6 hours ago, Beech said:

And over the season? We've dropped an absolute load of points because we sat back on leads.

This shows us top of the league for scoring first. That would suggest we have given the most opportunities to give up winning positions. We also are doing well after being behind in games. 

This shows that we have only lost once after being in front in 22 games and drawn 5. I would say turning 16 leads into wins is pretty good going isn't it? 

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

Exeter and Mansfield have a game in hand 

They play each other on Friday so here's hoping for a draw.

In addition Exeter also play us twice, Northampton,Newport,Swindon and Tranmere 

In addition Mansfield play us,Tranmere,Sutton,Northampton and FGR(twice)

Last matches of the season include Mansfield v FGR,Exeter v us

It really is up for grabs

Agreed it is. Just makes our last minute conceding of goals the more frustrating 

16 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Agreed it is. Just makes our last minute conceding of goals the more frustrating 

Spot on. The joy of last minute goals versus Orient and Tranmere. The despair at Rochdale, Sutton and Oldham.

I remember taking my lad to Rochdale a few seasons ago. Lovely Bank Holiday then flaming Calvin Andrew scored in the 95th minute!!

3 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

Thanks Jacko just didn’t want miss the match after the drive on my own 😂🙌 Very interesting night indeed 

Ben ur selfish - can't believe you didn't buy me a match day program 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We may not go up this season, may be the longest spell down here, but remember Carol is rebuilding the club from the ground up after probably the longest spell with idiots owning the club. I am desperate to see the club back to the glory years under Rudgie but I am realistic, the club has made massive strides during very difficult times for everyone, so let’s get behind the lads and roar them onto to success.

25 minutes ago, OtterVale said:

We may not go up this season, may be the longest spell down here, but remember Carol is rebuilding the club from the ground up after probably the longest spell with idiots owning the club. I am desperate to see the club back to the glory years under Rudgie but I am realistic, the club has made massive strides during very difficult times for everyone, so let’s get behind the lads and roar them onto to success.

Massive strides? That's praise....I echo your thoughts. This is the first season I have started coming to home games after the Ribeiro fiasco. Me and my lad came from around 2008/9 up until Ribeiro. 

We've played some lovely stuff at times and I didn't think that I would attend 10 league home games for a while. I'll come to at least 5 of the remaining games too.

I feel the squad is better in general. Garrity has been a bonus...goalscoring midfielder. Gibbo,when fit,can definitely play at a higher level. You can tell Wilson has a touch of class. I could go on...

We're still alive and kicking...

10 hours ago, SFBT said:

He was at the game though...

I'm also intrigued by the notion of resting him after a full 90 minutes on Saturday. On the surface, it seems most logical to have brought him off early on Saturday when we were two up. I keep hearing that it's a squad game with replacements available to slot in...

And that's the difference between us fans and the professionals tasked with running the club...

How many were saying he was crocked and a waste of a wage when the team was announced? Yet what was the fact...rested. Maybe that is why we have the backroom staff we do nowdays, so they make decisions based on a lot more evidence than fans have.

1 hour ago, OtterVale said:

1000%

The thought of Carol reading some of these threads breaks my heart.

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

1000%

The thought of Carol reading some of these threads breaks my heart.

I believe Carol has more sense than to come on here. Overall we have made progress and had some bad luck. We are still in the chance of play offs and need to get behind the team. I think it is fair to say that the goalkeeper is no better than the other two and that maybe we would be better changing to 4 at the back with the players available, but let's not be too critical as we are having a solid season overall- especially considering where we we were not so long ago. 

When it comes down to it, beating the teams that currently occupy the playoff spots will be significant for two reasons:

its massively demotivating for one and motivating for the other

the league is so tight that games like that can play musical chairs with the table

4,5,6 and 7 all at home. Come out of them in credit and we’ve got one foot in the post season. Bristol Rovers would be nice to win too.

Archived