onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

What can I say Harrogate Town is the worst football club in the whole football league !

My mistake for not looking though the whole of there website when it clearly says on the ticket section that you can purchase match day tickets from there club shop up until kick off ?

I arrived there at 7:15pm after over 2 hours driving there from work to be told that away tickets can’t be bought on the day of the game ??? 

After searching through there website I found it says in small print that you can’t buy them on the day as an away supporter, but it never says that match day tickets on the day are only available to home supporters ?

Basically I got told to go home by the arsehole steward when it could have been solved by giving them the match day ticket money and just let ONE FAN in on his own ???

Im sorry but me in that situation would let the supporter into the ground and actually do a good deed for a change.

Anyhow I found a lovely tree at the back of the home end and climbed about 30ft up and could see virtually the whole pitch, please don’t come with the old be careful or that’s stupid because I’m a good climber as I do this regularly when I go fishing. 

This was going great and I managed to see the vale equaliser as I couldn’t contain myself from cheering…. YES GET IN THERE… but I was then spotted by an absolute melt of a steward who decided to get the police to come and see me !

Thank you to the police for being understanding and they didn’t really care but I had to obviously climb out of the tree because as they put it for my own safety, no arrest was made as I was polite and they all said it’s an absolute joke how you can’t buy a ticket on the day of the game even though it wasn’t sold out !

Never a full moment being a Vale fan is it so I managed to see from 10mins till 70mins at least before the drive home, the night was worthwhile I felt and personally we were the better side again, hopefully we get three points Saturday and this time I’m making sure I’ve always purchased a ticket before hand lol 😂 

UTV…… Ben from praise and grumble 

Hats off! That's one of the funniest and best Vale-related things I've read. It would be a great story for the national press to run with (let's face it, it's a gimme for tree-related puns) and would also raise the issue of Harrogate's daft ticket policy. 

18 hours ago, MBE said:

Sorry to say but we are nothing than a solid mid table team.

Absolutely no chance getting in the playoffs, let alone automatic places.

Agreed at this moment in time we are struggling to turn draws into wins but i am struggling with all this no chance of the play offs talk

1 minute ago, smithie said:

Hats off! That's one of the funniest and best Vale-related things I've read. It would be a great story for the national press to run with (let's face it, it's a gimme for tree-related puns) and would also raise the issue of Harrogate's daft ticket policy. 

Shame it was not captured on the cameras.

18 hours ago, Hoppers said:

I think we looked really dodgy at the back after Walker went off - well done to Edmonson - two in two games - NICE

Is that the young kid we shouldn't of signed? who has 3 in 6(3) when we should of splashed out for Hemmings who has 2 in 10?

I personally think Edmondson is doing well for us and was unlucky to get one disallowed last night

58 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

season done...wow unbelievable,I slept last night and didn't look at the league table but i take it we are 15 points off the play offs?? 

Hope i'm proven wrong, but we wont go up only beating teams as hopeless as Carlisle, Stevenage and Scunny. Yesterday it was constant hoofing the ball forward, even when we had no one up after defending corners. I know that there are mitigating circumstances at the minute that mean we aren't able to perform at the level we would like to, but on the pitch we are no where near a play off team. I hope as much as anyone that it changes soon.

Just watched the very short highlights to be honest lucky they only scored one on that footage .

So a point gained I'd say but then on the highlights didn't show Vales disallowed goal or any other Vale chances if indeed they had any .

Draw away is not a bad result certainly showing character if nothing else .

UTV 

38 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Agreed at this moment in time we are struggling to turn draws into wins but i am struggling with all this no chance of the play offs talk

Points wise we are obviously very much in the mix but performance wise and our pattern of play we look short.

We won’t loose many but I can’t see how we are going to win enough to break back into the playoffs,unless our mentality, personnel and/or formation changes. 

Add the fact we are managerless I just don’t see we have enough to do it.

The team is looking a little like the good Askey period were they just aren’t quite good enough to put wins together to close the gap.

Really hope I’m proven wrong.

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

It's not difficult for me to comprehend, it's the failure of some to see the bigger picture I fail to see.

It wasn’t aimed at your specific comment. I actually agree with the point you made the manager.

My comment was a general observation at the back and forth throughout thread calling people out for not supporting a team when they are critical of a match.

30 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Nice little dig in there.... very sad at this time but hey ho...i guess its just how some people are

KTF

Missed that dig during the game.

A perfect example of how you can say what you want on a football forum, but it should be called out for being a pathetic dig when it was. 

KTF

The only players who I would have looked at in our division were Jake Beesley,who went to Blackpool,and Ryan Loft,who went to Bristol.

We've done well to compete as long as we have. Tranmere and Northampton are awful to watch. I wonder if their fans are complaining?

Swindon managed to get Louie Barry on loan(ex Barca) and FGR were no great shakes. I expect Sutton to fall away...they score 20% of their goals in the last 10 minutes,Exeter 22%,Bristol 26%,Newport 20%,we are 18%.

Goal difference may be key?

It's fine margins...I expect Salford and Bradford to have a say too 

We're still in there

25 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Is that the young kid we shouldn't of signed? who has 3 in 6(3) when we should of splashed out for Hemmings who has 2 in 10?

I personally think Edmondson is doing well for us and was unlucky to get one disallowed last night

18 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Hope i'm proven wrong, but you we wont go up only beating teams as hopeless as Carlisle, Stevenage and Scunny. Yesterday it was constant hoofing the ball forward, even when we had no one up after defending corners. I know that there are mitigating circumstances at the minute that mean we aren't able to perform at the level we would like to, but on the pitch we are no where near a play off team. I hope as much as anyone that it changes soon.

I know it was earlier in the season but we beat FGR and Swindon. Didn't lose to FGR or Tranmere,lost late on at Sutton when we should have won.

I think the key games at home versus Mansfield,Bristol,Sutton,Newport and Exeter will be make or break.

27 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Hope i'm proven wrong, but you we wont go up only beating teams as hopeless as Carlisle, Stevenage and Scunny. Yesterday it was constant hoofing the ball forward, even when we had no one up after defending corners. I know that there are mitigating circumstances at the minute that mean we aren't able to perform at the level we would like to, but on the pitch we are no where near a play off team. I hope as much as anyone that it changes soon.

Fair answer tbf

Archived