onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

This is a football forum discussing the game so it’s entirely possible to express, anger,disappointment,despair at performance or a defeat yet still support, shout and sing as loud as possible for players during matches.

I know it’s a difficult concept for some to comprehend.

It's not difficult for me to comprehend, it's the failure of some to see the bigger picture I fail to see.

Advert

What can I say Harrogate Town is the worst football club in the whole football league !

My mistake for not looking though the whole of there website when it clearly says on the ticket section that you can purchase match day tickets from there club shop up until kick off ?

I arrived there at 7:15pm after over 2 hours driving there from work to be told that away tickets can’t be bought on the day of the game ??? 

After searching through there website I found it says in small print that you can’t buy them on the day as an away supporter, but it never says that match day tickets on the day are only available to home supporters ?

Basically I got told to go home by the arsehole steward when it could have been solved by giving them the match day ticket money and just let ONE FAN in on his own ???

Im sorry but me in that situation would let the supporter into the ground and actually do a good deed for a change.

Anyhow I found a lovely tree at the back of the home end and climbed about 30ft up and could see virtually the whole pitch, please don’t come with the old be careful or that’s stupid because I’m a good climber as I do this regularly when I go fishing. 

This was going great and I managed to see the vale equaliser as I couldn’t contain myself from cheering…. YES GET IN THERE… but I was then spotted by an absolute melt of a steward who decided to get the police to come and see me !

Thank you to the police for being understanding and they didn’t really care but I had to obviously climb out of the tree because as they put it for my own safety, no arrest was made as I was polite and they all said it’s an absolute joke how you can’t buy a ticket on the day of the game even though it wasn’t sold out !

Never a full moment being a Vale fan is it so I managed to see from 10mins till 70mins at least before the drive home, the night was worthwhile I felt and personally we were the better side again, hopefully we get three points Saturday and this time I’m making sure I’ve always purchased a ticket before hand lol 😂 

UTV…… Ben from praise and grumble 

24 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

What can I say Harrogate Town is the worst football club in the whole football league !

My mistake for not looking though the whole of there website when it clearly says on the ticket section that you can purchase match day tickets from there club shop up until kick off ?

I arrived there at 7:15pm after over 2 hours driving there from work to be told that away tickets can’t be bought on the day of the game ??? 

After searching through there website I found it says in small print that you can’t buy them on the day as an away supporter, but it never says that match day tickets on the day are only available to home supporters ?

Basically I got told to go home by the arsehole steward when it could have been solved by giving them the match day ticket money and just let ONE FAN in on his own ???

Im sorry but me in that situation would let the supporter into the ground and actually do a good deed for a change.

Anyhow I found a lovely tree at the back of the home end and climbed about 30ft up and could see virtually the whole pitch, please don’t come with the old be careful or that’s stupid because I’m a good climber as I do this regularly when I go fishing. 

This was going great and I managed to see the vale equaliser as I couldn’t contain myself from cheering…. YES GET IN THERE… but I was then spotted by an absolute melt of a steward who decided to get the police to come and see me !

Thank you to the police for being understanding and they didn’t really care but I had to obviously climb out of the tree because as they put it for my own safety, no arrest was made as I was polite and they all said it’s an absolute joke how you can’t buy a ticket on the day of the game even though it wasn’t sold out !

Never a full moment being a Vale fan is it so I managed to see from 10mins till 70mins at least before the drive home, the night was worthwhile I felt and personally we were the better side again, hopefully we get three points Saturday and this time I’m making sure I’ve always purchased a ticket before hand lol 😂 

🤣

34 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

This is outstanding. I don't know if I would have been as committed as you to climb up a tree 30ft, even if I'd have driven for 4 hours. 

Never really understood the idea behind not allowing supporters to buy before kick off when its clear the stand isn't going to sell out. Just turning away good money.

47 minutes ago, MBE said:

This is a football forum discussing the game so it’s entirely possible to express, anger,disappointment,despair at performance or a defeat yet still support, shout and sing as loud as possible for players during matches.

Defend the right for people to say what they want… but also the right to point it out as short termist and overly negative if that’s what you think it is 👍

UTV

46 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

This is brilliant Ben. You’re a legend!!

1 hour ago, MBE said:

We’ll said MBE 🤙

22 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This is brilliant Ben. You’re a legend!!

Thanks Jacko just didn’t want miss the match after the drive on my own 😂🙌 Very interesting night indeed 

34 minutes ago, Rocky said:

This is outstanding. I don't know if I would have been as committed as you to climb up a tree 30ft, even if I'd have driven for 4 hours. 

Never really understood the idea behind not allowing supporters to buy before kick off when its clear the stand isn't going to sell out. Just turning away good money.

Yeah I’m certainly not right in the head I think but at least I got to see most of the game. It was a great experience relaxing in the tree watching the football and one story I will remember for the grandkids in the future 😂😂

On to Colchester Saturday and this time with ticket in hand 👍

Judgement is needed. Single or a small number of fans should not be a problem, but a large number is a different matter maybe could cause problems. Don't ask how many is a large number as I don't know the size of the away area. Most of my away games I watched from home areas as I considered it safer than leaving an away area on my own.

3 hours ago, Beech said:

Northampton and Tranmere have been low scorers all season, but they both have the best defensive record. Forest Green have been in dodgy form of late, winning only one of their last 5 games. Our overall record for goals scored is fine, but that's because of the performances earlier on in the season when we were actually creating bundles of chances every game. That team and this one of the last 6, 7 or 8 weeks is like night and day.

The team from earlier in the season is like night and day.

Change at GK...Hall in for Jones,no Cass,no Politic,Conlon in and out,2 young loan forwards.

Only players consistently picked are Smith,Pett and Garrity and possibly Wozza

1 hour ago, Ben Stevens said:

Pity you couldn't see us get tree points Ben(sorry,couldn't help it!)

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Other teams also have games in hand. Exeter and Mansfield both above us both have games in hand on us. We’re still in an ok position and should still make play offs hopefully but dropping points in games we should be winning is frustrating. Put it anyway you want but 6 draws in 9 isn’t promotion form. I’ll take where we are now but we do need to start winning games. Massive few games coming up soon, Sutton, Exeter and Mansfield. That will decide our season. If we can get 5/6/7 points from that 3 I think we have a good chance. 

Exeter and Mansfield have a game in hand 

They play each other on Friday so here's hoping for a draw.

In addition Exeter also play us twice, Northampton,Newport,Swindon and Tranmere 

In addition Mansfield play us,Tranmere,Sutton,Northampton and FGR(twice)

Last matches of the season include Mansfield v FGR,Exeter v us

It really is up for grabs

Exeter and Mansfield have a game in hand 
They play each other on Friday so here's hoping for a draw.
In addition Exeter also play us twice, Northampton,Newport,Swindon and Tranmere 
In addition Mansfield play us,Tranmere,Sutton,Northampton and FGR(twice)
Last matches of the season include Mansfield v FGR,Exeter v us
It really is up for grabs

Wow. They have a tough run in! I feel like most of our tough remaining games are at home, which should give us a slight advantage.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived