onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I must be looking at the wrong table im seeing us 6 points behind the last automatic place with 2 games in hand 

Other teams also have games in hand. Exeter and Mansfield both above us both have games in hand on us. We’re still in an ok position and should still make play offs hopefully but dropping points in games we should be winning is frustrating. Put it anyway you want but 6 draws in 9 isn’t promotion form. I’ll take where we are now but we do need to start winning games. Massive few games coming up soon, Sutton, Exeter and Mansfield. That will decide our season. If we can get 5/6/7 points from that 3 I think we have a good chance. 

Advert

53 minutes ago, Beech said:

I'm not having you messaging me elsewhere, Daniel-San. I don't even find you amusing as I did. You can barely put a sentence together in English without me feeling like I should be getting paid for reading through your nonsense.

Now go and "Wax on, wax off" somewhere and stop trolling, you helmet.

There is a simple way of proving your point… post the messages if they exist. He’s even asked you to.

If they don’t then you have made them up and thats low.

If they do he will look the fool and it will prove your point.

Either way it will put an end to this back and forth. 👍

Jesus Christ, the state of this thread. We don't have our manager and we're still on an unbeaten run, which is pretty impressive.

Beyond that, the goalkeeper isn't the issue. He's conceded 4 goals in 8 games, 3 clean sheets. The issue is that we're not scoring enough goals, that's why we draw too many games.

14 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

There is a simple way of proving your point… post the messages if they exist. He’s even asked you to.

< EDIT>

16 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

<Edit>

Very poor first half and a much improved second. Walker cant play CB and didn’t win a single header and the defending for their goal was laughable. Second half was much better and that was a lot to do with the subs. Martin played it on the deck which helped when he came on and Worrall and Cooper combined well. Wison was far too isolated and pumping it up to him is completely pointless. IMO the 3-4-3 doesn’t suit us at all and we could have played without a midfield for the first half as they were just being bypassed with a combination of sloppy passing and hoofing it up to the front 3. Harrogate wanted it more. They pressed and just generally worked harder than we did. A point was probably fair but I didn’t think we played well. 

Positives - Hall is a good defender and Coopers second half. 

Negatives - The goalkeeper is a walking disaster and Gibbos potential injury

5 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

Very poor first half and a much improved second. Walker cant play CB and didn’t win a single header and the defending for their goal was laughable. Second half was much better and that was a lot to do with the subs. Martin played it on the deck which helped when he came on and Worrall and Cooper combined well. Wison was far too isolated and pumping it up to him is completely pointless. IMO the 3-4-3 doesn’t suit us at all and we could have played without a midfield for the first half as they were just being bypassed with a combination of sloppy passing and hoofing it up to the front 3. Harrogate wanted it more. They pressed and just generally worked harder than we did. A point was probably fair but I didn’t think we played well. 

Positives - Hall is a good defender and Coopers second half. 

Negatives - The goalkeeper is a walking disaster and Gibbos potential injury

I do think we should move Walker back to midfield.

He got a bit of stick for getting yellow cards for professional fouls when it was clear there was a break on… 2 of those against Rochdale and Harrogate and we wound be 2 points if the automatic places today.

1 hour ago, Beech said:

We had more of the ball but what did we actually create yet again? Not a lot. We still looked a slow and pedestrian team, albeit workmanlike and organised as usual. If that's us really going for it you're clearly watching a different team to the one I am.

Not watching, actually supporting. 

I was with a couple of neutrals last night and they couldn't believe how big we were compared to Harrogate. We really should've taken advantage of that superiority more than we did but too often the final ball was lacking quality.

Unpopular opinion but Pett was our weak link last night and I thought was at fault for their goal. I'd be moving Walker into the middle for him with Garrity and sticking Martin (or preferably Hussey) in at LCB - with Gibbo and Wozza at WBs. 

Seen one or two negative comments about Cooper, but he was a bright spark and caused them loads of trouble especially in the 2nd half. Only frustration was his rush of blood to the head when he was presented with a great opportunity in the 2nd half and perhaps one or two of his final balls lacked quality. But in a period where we are lacking guile, he certainly has a trick or two that could open up defences.

One final point - would've liked to have seen Harratt off the bench last night but I suspect a (forced?) change at CB at HT left us with less wriggle room and Charsley and Wozza were safer options given the circumstances. Edmo scored and occupied their defence fairly well but was flagging badly (as many were) towards the end and would've been nice to give them something different to think about.

Frustrating to come away with only a point but 2-7 are up for grabs and we're one of the teams in the mix. I wouldn't rule anything out yet.

5 hours ago, SFBT said:

He was at the game though...

I'm also intrigued by the notion of resting him after a full 90 minutes on Saturday. On the surface, it seems most logical to have brought him off early on Saturday when we were two up. I keep hearing that it's a squad game with replacements available to slot in...

That’s how I saw it. I was shouting to sub him in Saturday.

Poor management.

good to see that Darrell’s message of…

Stick Together, Stay Strong, Believe

… has landed well with portions the ovf brigade. 

If EVER we needed everyone at the club to pull together, stop sniping when things aren’t the way you would have done things and just bring a positive supportive view to the place… it’s now.

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Not watching, actually supporting. 

" Supporting" .......Thats the key word, with the unlucky injuries we have had, the postponed games we had and the obvious unfortunate loss of the manager have all contributed to a frustrating period.

Losing the gaffer has hit us hard, very hard, it must have changed the dynamic around the place, I felt last night he would have changed it around, the changes we did make were like for like that is not a criticism of Andy Crosby, he's a good coach, but it's though we have a new manager and starting again, I'm sure DC would have changed formation and asked more questions.

DC has issued a rallying call to the supporters and as Tony Boult used to say "Were all Vale aren't we ? " 

1 minute ago, blackdog said:

" Supporting" .......Thats the key word, with the unlucky injuries we have had, the postponed games we had and the obvious unfortunate loss of the manager have all contributed to a frustrating period.

Losing the gaffer has hit us hard, very hard, it must have changed the dynamic around the place, I felt last night he would have changed it around, the changes we did make were like for like that is not a criticism of Andy Crosby, he's a good coach, but it's though we have a new manager and starting again, I'm sure DC would have changed formation and asked more questions.

DC has issued a rallying call to the supporters and as Tony Boult used to say "Were all Vale aren't we ? " 

Well said

This is a football forum discussing the game so it’s entirely possible to express, anger,disappointment,despair at performance or a defeat yet still support, shout and sing as loud as possible for players during matches.

I know it’s a difficult concept for some to comprehend.

Archived